Search

Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup
@  vet201060 : (26 August 2014 - 11:41 PM) Damn Post It Notes
@  vet201060 : (26 August 2014 - 11:41 PM) True That
@  Asiadaug : (26 August 2014 - 07:46 PM) I Have Yet To Deal With Any Piece Of Va That Isn't A Dysfunctional Mess...ebenefits, Claim Filing, Billing...and To Think Our Tax Dollars Are Used To Perpetuate That Calamity!
@  carlie : (26 August 2014 - 05:39 PM) notorious kelly - loved your shout ! ! !
@  GlassRose1500 : (26 August 2014 - 03:40 PM) Would Someone Add Smc Housbound Plus Smc A&a Regular And One Smc K For Me? I Can't Seem To Do That Math!
@  Notorious Kelly : (26 August 2014 - 03:12 PM) Ebenefits Is Not A Thermometer In The Rectum Of Your Claim; It Is A Post-It Note That May Or Not Be Updated Or Accurate. Try Not To Obsess ;)
@  mcassidy : (26 August 2014 - 01:25 PM) Osa
@  Jaluluah11B : (26 August 2014 - 10:05 AM) My Reconsideration Finally Showed Up On Ebenefits As A New Claim.  gathering Evidence.  [font=Arial][size=3]Automated 5103 Notice Response Needed. [/size][/font]
@  vet201060 : (26 August 2014 - 10:00 AM) Went From Pending Decision Approval To Review Of Evidence Today, I Need To Stop Looking At It. Drives You Crazy Waiting
@  GlassRose1500 : (25 August 2014 - 09:30 PM) @coriemboh I Get My Best Claim Advice Here, But My Dav Guy Gets The Best Intel Once The Claim Is Filed
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 08:57 PM) The Average Processing Time Is 9 Months More Or Less. Every Time I Call The 800#, I Get A Different Answer. Goe, Roe....make Up Your Mind!
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 08:56 PM) I Just Want To Know Ballpark Figure Of How Much Longer My Claim Will Take. The Bills Are Piling Up. Adds To My Anxiety And Depression. Sure Wish I Could Tell Bill Collectors The Same Things Va Tells Me!
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 08:54 PM) @glassrose1500-No, I Don't. I Put In For Representation A Few Days Ago, But I'm Sure That End Won't Pan Out Until The Claim Is Closed.
@  GlassRose1500 : (25 August 2014 - 12:11 PM) Would Appreciate Feedback On My Smc Draft - Posted In The Smc Section! Tkx!
@  GlassRose1500 : (25 August 2014 - 12:04 PM) @coriemboh - Do You Have A Service Rep You Can Call? They Usually Have More Info...
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 11:16 AM) Called The 800 # To Check Status Of Claim. Really Frustrated With The Lack Of Information.
@  vet201060 : (25 August 2014 - 10:12 AM) Just Checked Ebenefits And Claim Was Pending Decision Approval And Then Checked Few Minutes After That And Now Prep For Decision. Drives Me Crazy
@  coriemboh : (24 August 2014 - 10:00 PM) Anyone Else Having A Hard Time With Evet Updates? Mine Is Taking Forever!
@  SSG O : (23 August 2014 - 08:03 PM) Love This Site
@  vet201060 : (22 August 2014 - 10:29 AM) Thanks For The Info

Photo

Ebenefits Shows Movement In Dh's Claim!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 hedgey

hedgey

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

It was sitting at Gathering Evidence for months, and the blasted thing kept saying that he'd missed his Due Date for submitting his VCAA, etc.

I say "blasted" because poor DH was in a state over the thought of missing a deadline. Yesterday evening it had suddenly changed to "Preparation for Decision". Skipped right over "Review of Evidence".

I'm trying to keep his spirits up. He's worried now that since they skipped the Review step, they're going to deny him.

I figure this step will last a while since it doesn't seem to mention anything about deadlines.

But at least "PAST DUE" in red letters is gone. What a relief!!

Advertise Here

#2 #1Cavtrooper

#1Cavtrooper

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

You don't have anything to worry about. My claim did the same thing. And now it's been in decision phase for 3 months. According to vso less than a month left to go. That was over a week ago.

#3 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22012 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

hedgey,
I can't remember if ya'll got a copy of the MH - C&P exam results yet or not.
Did you? What does it state?

#4 hedgey

hedgey

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:15 AM

Cavtrooper, thanks for the boost! I was thinking back and it only took a few months from my own PTSD C&P until I had the decision in my shaking hands. Hopefully it'll go as quickly for DH.

Carlie, no, we still don't have any of his newer MH records or the C&P report. It's not quite 3 weeks since the C&P, so it won't surprise us if it's another week or more. I called down to the ROI office quite a while ago when we were trying to get his MH records and the man said they were backlogged as they were short-handed. This was back in the holiday season, so it made sense then.

I'll post as soon as the records/report arrive. I know it will tell us a lot about what we might expect.

Only thing that is giving us any inkling is that his VA psychiatrist and therapist have both suggested he consider retiring and leaving work, since he's not able to control his temper very well. As I said elsewhere, all the Viet Nam vets who were his supervisors since he started there have retired themselves, so he's left working for younger people who don't understand. It's not unreasonable, I know. He knows he shouldn't raise his voice at meetings or slam his fist on desks... it's not proper behavior and he knows it. The older guys used to be able to look at his face and tell him to go take a walk before things boiled over. These younger fellows just don't know what they're seeing or why.

Agh, off topic again. Can you tell this is weighing on my mind a LOT?

Thanks again, Cav & Carlie.

#5 hedgey

hedgey

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

It moved again!

I checked it again on Tuesday and it's moved to "Pending Decision Approval"! I'm impressed that it was in the previous stage for less than three weeks.

I hope this is a good sign. We still haven't received any of his VA Health records - not medical, mental health or C&P.

I know it could suddenly jump back to Gathering Evidence, but I keep looking at it anyway.

If it's really moving this fast, it's scary as heck. It's so much easier to stamp DENIED than it is to evaluate, consider, decide, etc.

So many people have been waiting forever, but this seems to be going through like grass through a goose. What horrible shoe is about to drop?

Advertise Here