Advertise Here

Photo
- - - - -

New C&p Exam Forms

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 cooter

cooter

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

My last C&P Exam kind of thru me off base when I got a copy of it. Since when did they start using this type of exam report? The questions were based on my disability and were already written, and all the exam Dr had to do was check the appropriate boxes. That's fine and dandy I guess, but my question is, if there is a different report that has the examiners opinions that's stated directly by him/her, or is this all we have to go with?

Coot

Advertise Here

#2 #1Cavtrooper

#1Cavtrooper

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

I guess so.....

#3 Bigred122

Bigred122

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

My last C&P Exam kind of thru me off base when I got a copy of it. Since when did they start using this type of exam report? The questions were based on my disability and were already written, and all the exam Dr had to do was check the appropriate boxes. That's fine and dandy I guess, but my question is, if there is a different report that has the examiners opinions that's stated directly by him/her, or is this all we have to go with?

Coot

What you saw was the new DBQ questionaire that they will be using in the future. They had them all listed on the VA website at one time. They have since pulled all of them except three of them. They can be used for IMOs when they are all done with the finalizing the rules. They want to put in a safety check to keep out the fraud of the system. If you need some let me know I downloaded alot of them before they pulled them.I think the three they kept was the AO main ones.I like the way they look,the hard part is findind someone to sign them.Only the C&P Drs at my VAMC are authorized to fill them out. But they are all anti vet disability claims from what I've seen.31Mike20

#4 Tbird

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com established 1997

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:51 AM

Source: http://benefits.va.g...isabilityexams/

Disability Benefits Questionnaires

Veterans Health Administration (VHA) clinicians will complete Disability Benefits Questionnaires (DBQs) for compensation and pension examinations scheduled by VA. As always, VHA and VA-contracted clinicians conduct compensation and pension examinations at no cost. However, Veterans or Service members also have the option, at their own cost, to have their private physicians complete DBQs to provide medical evidence on disability benefit claims.

Who is qualified to complete Disability Benefits Questionnaires?

A private physician with an active medical license is qualified to sign and attest to completed DBQs. The physician must have sufficient medical expertise to conduct a medical assessment regarding the type of DBQ completed.

How are completed Disability Benefits Questionnaires submitted to VA?

Physicians may mail or securely fax completed DBQs to the VA regional office handling the Veteran’s or Service member's claim. The Veteran or Service member may also submit completed DBQs directly to the VA regional office in support of their claim, including a Fully Developed Claim, which is an expedited process for a swift decision where the Veteran has provided all relevant evidence to “fully develop” the claim (for more information, see http://www.vba.va.gov/fastclaims). Visit our facilities page at http://www.va.gov/directory/guide/division_flsh.asp?dnum=3 or call 1-800-827-1000 for the addresses of VA’s regional offices.

Will VA pay for a Disability Benefits Questionnaire completed by a private physician?

No. VA cannot pay for a private physician to complete Disability Benefits Questionnaires or for any costs associated with examination or testing. VA will continue to provide disability examinations at VHA or VA-contracted facilities free of charge as part of its mission to assist Veterans and Service Members with their claims.

Notice: The 48 additional Disability Benefits Questionnaires that were previously available have been removed. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused. We hope to have them available again soon.

#5 cooter

cooter

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

I don't know about you folks, but after reading the copy of my DBQ exam report, there's going to be alot of questions that's going to have to be answered by the VAMC! To try and make thing's easier to follow what I'm talking about, I was going to scan my DBQ with this post but there are to many pages involved, so I'll just try and keep it short and easy. I'll use mine for an example. This report is based on and written specifically for, "Knee and Lower Leg Conditions". This exam is for an increase of Compensation relating to the residuals effecting my Total Knee Replacement in 08.
It's a fairly easy and simple Questionnaire to fill out, but without any information as to; Do I complete all questions, even the ones that pertained to me in the past, but not now. For example, one question asked; Does the Veteran now have or has he or she ever had a meniscus (semilunar cartilage) condition? My answer would be yes. Then it asked, if the answer is yes, indicate severity and frequency of symptoms. OK, now I'm thinking maybe these 2 questions should be left blank because I've had surgery (TKR) since then, and the fact, my situation is totally different now. You folks understand what I'm saying? Then, the very next question asked; Has the Veteran had a total knee replacement So now my thoughts are the first 2 questions were only if they pertain to the present.
There are I think 2 or 3 more questions alike.
I hope this example was simple and easy enough to understand what the problem here is. I'm sure the other disability DBQs have the same circumstances.
Also, the Veterans private Dr that fill's these DBQs out might run into the situation too.
Just another note, I hope those first 2 questions are non-essential to my claim, because the examiner checked no on them. He must not of reviewed my c-file. Any comments will surely be helpfull.

Coot

#6 Bigred122

Bigred122

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

I can't answer your questions, but if it was me I'd give your questions to your Dr. and he might know the correct answers. He/she might understand the secret code to what the VA is talking about. Unfortunately knees are above my pay grade, I'm only qualified to do Brain Salad Surgery!! 31mike20

#7 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21935 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

They are showing 70 DBQ forms at this link :

http://benefits.va.g...DBQFormName.asp

Advertise Here