Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Tbird : (28 November 2014 - 11:03 AM) Thank You Britton That Means A Lot To Me!
@  arng11 : (26 November 2014 - 11:30 AM) Everyone Enjoy The Holidays And Be Safe.
@  eagle1012004 : (26 November 2014 - 10:10 AM) Have A Happy Thanksgiving All!!!
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 04:54 PM) Tbird Accepted To 2015 Conference: V-Wise: Another Entrepreneurship Project Of The Whitman School Of Management Http://ow.ly/ej9Qg
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 04:13 PM) Arng11 Thank You For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign.
@  britton : (22 November 2014 - 02:57 PM) Thank You Ms T For Starting This Web Site For All Veterans, You Helpd Me And My Family And I'll Be Forever Gratful To You & Hadit.com
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 08:19 AM) Thank You All For Helping With The Funding The Site. It Is Really Helping!
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 08:18 AM) Britton Pm Me And I. Can Check This Out For You
@  britton : (22 November 2014 - 06:44 AM) What Does ''you Missed Your Quota For Postives Votes Today'' Mean??
@  coriemboh : (19 November 2014 - 08:29 AM) Hold Time For Peggy Was Approximately 1 Minute. That Was 17 Minutes Ago. They Really Need To Change This Hold Music.
@  Tbird : (17 November 2014 - 02:42 PM) Stretch Thanks For The Extra Contribution To Our Fundraiser This Month.
@  maxwell18 : (16 November 2014 - 09:04 PM) I Still Have To Bitch About The Navy Hosp Cutting My Meds By 2/3 On My Norco. I Contacted Customer Service Or What Ever You Want To Call It Who In Turn Contacted The Navy Hosp Pensacola Commander Who In Turn Did Nothing. Thanks To All The People That Are Affair Of There Jobs And I Feel That Medical Malpractice Should Come Into Place. I Guess Just Do What Ever They Want To Because They Can, But Don't Give A Sh T For The Vets That Suppose To Being Supporting From All The Military  organizations. This Is Not The Way They Have Been Trained And Promised To Do. 
@  carlie : (16 November 2014 - 11:26 AM) Delayed Onset Tinnitus - Ref To Va Training Letter 10-028 - Link - Http://veteranclaims.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/single-Judge-Application-Va-Training-Letter-10-028-Delayed-Onset-Tinnitus/
@  carlie : (16 November 2014 - 11:03 AM) Here's A Good Tinnitus Link To Check Out From M21-1 Change Dated Jan 10,2014 - Http://veteranclaims.wordpress.com/tag/section-B-Duty-Military-Occupational-Specialty-Mos-Noise-Exposure-Listing-Fast-Letter-10-35-Tinnitus-Hearing-Loss-Vbms-Rating-Decision-Tools/
@  Asiadaug : (16 November 2014 - 02:08 AM) "rolled" Not Ruled! :)
@  Asiadaug : (16 November 2014 - 02:07 AM) Thanks. I Have Seen The Fast Ltr 10-35 And Have Seen Cases Where The Va Has Apparently Agreed That Tinnitus Can Have Delayed Onset. I Did Not In Looking Over The Fast Ltr See Where They Had Ruled 10-028 Into That. And, I Am Not Sure In The Vas Issuance Of ‘policy’ Type Letters How They Might Roll In Previous Instructions Into Newer Ones. Maybe There Is Some Intranet Traceability Capability? I Was Just Curious As There ‘appeared’ To Be Conspicuous Absence Of That 10-028. I Am Assuming 10-028 Was Written In 2010. But It May Be I Should Not Assume Anything.
@  carlie : (15 November 2014 - 05:56 PM) Asiadaug - You Might Be Looking For Fast Letter 10-35, Http://www.hadit.com/forums/topic/40962-Va-Fl-10-35/ Also Check Out This Link To Links For Delayed Onset Tinnitus - They All Refer Back To Fast Letter 10-35, Https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=Chrome-Instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=Utf-8#q=Tinnitus, Delayed Onset, Va Fast Letter
@  Tbird : (15 November 2014 - 07:50 AM) Asiadaug Searched All Over For Va Training Letter 10-028 But No Luck So Far.
@  Asiadaug : (15 November 2014 - 02:12 AM) Several Cases I've Run Across Mention Va Training Letter 10-028 With Apparent Discussion About Delayed Onset Of Tinnitus. I Have Been Unable To Locate That Trng Ltr. Any Suggestions?
@  Tbird : (12 November 2014 - 05:56 PM) Stretch Thanks For Contributing To Our Fundraising Campairg

Photo
- - - - -

Regional Office Phone #'s

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 sox

sox

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

Hiya,
I have had a terrible time using the 1800-827-1000 phone number. It seems that these guys really don't know much about your claim at the local regional office. I was wondering if anyone has ever been able to get contact info or phone #s for their regional office? Did you have to pry to get the info or file a fredom of information act request?
many thanks :)

#2 oldranger821

oldranger821

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:38 AM

Good Morning Sox. The 1-800 number is not very helpful for any of us. It is not in your local regional office( in my case St. Petersburg Fl.) I don't know where they are but it is manned with clerks that I would say do there best but are not knowledgeable enough to give you good info. Are you using a VSO with your claim. I use the DAV. They can normally get a lot more accurate info from your regional office. I believe somewhere on the va web site there is the numbers to all of the VA regional offices. Seems like I seen them there while doing my research.

#3 Notorious Kelly

Notorious Kelly

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:25 AM

Hi Sox,

The VARO's don't want direct calls; that's why they won't give out their numbers.

I just stop by in person if need be.

Many have found an IRIS inquiry more effective than calling the 800 number.

Try here: https://iris.custhelp.com/

Choose Ask A Question on that site.

I've had VARO call me shortly after submitting IRIS inquiry, so it works sometimes.

Good luck! Posted Image

#4 deanbrt

deanbrt

• 769 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:03 AM

I use IRIS. I have to wait a few days but they do get back to you.

#5 Teac

Teac

• 1158 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:52 AM

I don't care if you call the va or use iris, neither way provides an accurate answer to any question. It is ironic in todays age, with all the fancy cells phone, and the internet that there is no way to communicate directly with a human at the Local regional va offices. It is as if the va is some kind of god. At one time the 800 number that you called from you home actually went to the regional office in your state, and even if you didn't get a good answer you at least were able to speak to someone locally. The purpose of the call center was to improve service to the veteran so they said, but I think it was actually to shut the veteran out even more. Iris hasn't been much better, I don't think I ever received an accurate answer using it either.

I for the life of me don't understand why the law doesn't force the va to be more available to the veteran. Much like the Supreme Court who refuses to allow cameras in the court, the va refuses to make employees available to the veteran. I thought these people worked for us?... One would think it is the other way around.

any way thats my opinion for what its worth.....

#6 SP4RVN1971

SP4RVN1971

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

I find myself to differ with y'all on the 800 number. These guy's on the other end don't for the most part, have no reason to lie to us. Now that I said that, the lack of care ,lazy, and knowledge might be there.

I found if did not get the answer I like, I would call back, get another peggy that might care, or want to help. I started my claim in April 2010 and by March of 2011 for PC, DMII and they VA added IHD, PN

for both sides, I had the bulk of claim's complete. I refiled for P&T in May of 2011 and got my claim by January 2012, 7 months plus the increase of some of the other claim's. Point is I called VA 800 number

from Dallas and talk to Peggies all over USA. Some were not so good and some were great. I call every two to three weeks to let them know I was there! You have to be patience and your phone said " the

waiting time will be 15 minute, maybe".

So it work for me!Posted Image

#7 #1Cavtrooper

#1Cavtrooper

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

There are 7 call centers throughout the nation. For the most part, I think they have limited resources and information. I've only gotten a couple of them that were rude. She was from the Philadelphia call center (I could tell) . When she asked how I could tell which call center she was located, I just laughed. Right now I am still waiting on a reply to an iris that was submitted on March 12, 2012. Peggy tells me to wait 10 working days.

Edited by #1Cavtrooper, 21 March 2012 - 12:13 PM.

#8 deanbrt

deanbrt

• 769 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

It is supposed to be no more than 5 working days.

#9 Teac

Teac

• 1158 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

I find myself to differ with y'all on the 800 number. These guy's on the other end don't for the most part, have no reason to lie to us. Now that I said that, the lack of care ,lazy, and knowledge might be there.

I found if did not get the answer I like, I would call back, get another peggy that might care, or want to help. I started my claim in April 2010 and by March of 2011 for PC, DMII and they VA added IHD, PN

for both sides, I had the bulk of claim's complete. I refiled for P&T in May of 2011 and got my claim by January 2012, 7 months plus the increase of some of the other claim's. Point is I called VA 800 number

from Dallas and talk to Peggies all over USA. Some were not so good and some were great. I call every two to three weeks to let them know I was there! You have to be patience and your phone said " the

waiting time will be 15 minute, maybe".

So it work for me!Posted Image

It worked for you really???? you said you called and called and called, you said sometimes you got some who were good and some not so good.... you said you called back if you didn't get the answer you liked... I don't call that working, I call that a broken system.

The system was not put in place so that a veteran might feel the need to call over and over to get different answers, it was put in place so a veteran could call once and get the proper answer. By the way, How would you really know if you got the wrong answer the first time you called ? You wouldn't know , so why would you call again? I suspect someone would call again because you either didn't like the person who took the first call, or you didn't like the answer you got the first time.. but in reality ( unless you already knew the answer to the quetion before you called) you would not know if the answer you got was correct. By the way letting them know you are there doesn't help any claim move along, it just means you became a royal pain in their eyes.

In your case you stated the system moved along for you very well.. since your initial claim was decided in 11 months and the second claim was decided in 7 months. I had a claim that took over a year just to get a C/P exam. Other veteans wait longer, Your results based on the present backlog were extremly quick, so I wonder why you would be calling the va anyway.....

The only thing you said that I can agree with is that the guys on the other end have no reason to lie to us.... However, when their job is only to answer the phone and read to you what is on a computer screen, there is no reason to lie. Aside from some being rude, or just not being able to answer simple questions... the person your talking to doesn't have anything to do with the information in the screen.. so if someone in Boston for example put bad info into the computer, or for that mater didn't update the computer the old saying garbage in garbage out will always apply.

By the way if my memory serves me correct there is only one call centers handling the US.. its in Phoenix ( unless more have been added) http://www.vba.va.go...ix/NCC_Main.htm so maybe your not really talking to people all over the united states...

Anyway I just spent two more cents.....LOl

Edited by Teac, 21 March 2012 - 12:46 PM.

#10 #1Cavtrooper

#1Cavtrooper

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

Nashville, St. Louis, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Salt Lake City and there's 2 more. Ask and you'll find out next time you call.

#11 SP4RVN1971

SP4RVN1971

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

It worked for you really???? you said you called and called and called, you said sometimes you got some who were good and some not so good.... you said you called back if you didn't get the answer you liked... I don't call that working, I call that a broken system.

The system was not put in place so that a veteran might feel the need to call over and over to get different answers, it was put in place so a veteran could call once and get the proper answer. By the way, How would you really know if you got the wrong answer the first time you called ? You wouldn't know , so why would you call again? I suspect someone would call again because you either didn't like the person who took the first call, or you didn't like the answer you got the first time.. but in reality ( unless you already knew the answer to the quetion before you called) you would not know if the answer you got was correct. By the way letting them know you are there doesn't help any claim move along, it just means you became a royal pain in their eyes.

In your case you stated the system moved along for you very well.. since your initial claim was decided in 11 months and the second claim was decided in 7 months. I had a claim that took over a year just to get a C/P exam. Other veteans wait longer, Your results based on the present backlog were extremly quick, so I wonder why you would be calling the va anyway.....

The only thing you said that I can agree with is that the guys on the other end have no reason to lie to us.... However, when their job is only to answer the phone and read to you what is on a computer screen, there is no reason to lie. Aside from some being rude, or just not being able to answer simple questions... the person your talking to doesn't have anything to do with the information in the screen.. so if someone in Boston for example put bad info into the computer, or for that mater didn't update the computer the old saying garbage in garbage out will always apply.

By the way if my memory serves me correct there is only one call centers handling the US.. its in Phoenix ( unless more have been added) http://www.vba.va.go...ix/NCC_Main.htm so maybe your not really talking to people all over the united states...

Anyway I just spent two more cents.....LOl

Teac, I never said it was prefect, and yes it is Broken, but the hole country is broken.

I have differ you about call center, yes phoenix might be primary, but I talk to people in Waco,Texas and maybe they were rater's.

I know that a lot or most Vet's have a long waiting time, and I was very bless, and maybe VA look at case Difference, and hope I was a pain in the eye!

I'm sorry, if I offend or upset you in any way or anybody at this site. We all have right to our opinion.

Good luck and I hope the Best for You, God Bless!

Edited by SP4RVN1971, 21 March 2012 - 02:59 PM.

#12 sox

sox

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

Sorry for making such a sh** storm for everyone regarding the 800 # I do think it is a little strange not to be able to call the regional office that is handling your claim and ask them directly if they need anything or a current status. I know with a call center they can focus on the back log but it seems something is lost or disconected from the call center and regional office....

#13 #1Cavtrooper

#1Cavtrooper

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

@SP4RVN ....you don't have to apologize because you didn't say or do anything wrong. Have a good day fellow Texan. Oh, by the way, I AM a Native Texan. Lol

Edited by #1Cavtrooper, 21 March 2012 - 06:45 PM.

#14 SP4RVN1971

SP4RVN1971

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

@SP4RVN ....you don't have to apologize because you didn't say or do anything wrong. Have a good day fellow Texan. Oh, by the way, I AM a Native Texan. Lol

Me too, Dallas,Texas

#15 COOL BREEZE

COOL BREEZE

• 708 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

If you call later in the day as I do, you will get Phoenix. You will get many different answers as there is a very high turn over, and they are always hiring new agents who are trained only how to handle basic information only. If you get an experienced Veteran who has worked there for a while, they will give you better information as they are a Veteran and they truly care. A few are non veterans with major attitude problems.

And the only information they can give you is what the VARO notates in their system.
What they can't do is tell you how long the claim will be decided. As no one knows, even the ones handling your file. It will get done when it has no futher steps to go.

There are cerain things they are not allowed to tell you. They surely can't tell you what day a payment will occur. You can look under e-benifits for that information.

I had a rep tell me yesterday that my claim for retro went to authorization. Does that mean anything to mean. No! Just another step in a very long process.
Good luck with everyones claims though. I will be filing a new claim in a few months myself.

#16 Teac

Teac

• 1158 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:22 AM

Teac, I never said it was prefect, and yes it is Broken, but the hole country is broken.

I'm sorry, if I offend or upset you in any way or anybody at this site. We all have right to our opinion.

G

No reason to be sorry, you did not offend me.. and I hope that I did not offend you....and as you stated we all have a right our opinion...

#17 SP4RVN1971

SP4RVN1971

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

No reason to be sorry, you did not offend me.. and I hope that I did not offend you....and as you stated we all have a right our opinion...

Teac, Were Cool, your from Texas and you were in Army.

Were brother's in arms again the Beast (VA)!

Fighting for our rights!