Welcome!

Sign In or Register to post to our forums. Registration not required to read and search our forums.

HadIt.com Podcast Click Here Live and Archived Shows

Photo

Honorable Discharge And Retirement

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 teejay53

teejay53

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

hi to all;
i was asked a question again i do not know nor can not find the answer to on internet.

if someone has a honorable discharge certificate due to being retired from a serious service related injury. does he receive a certificate of retirement as well?

teejay
Posted Image

#2 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22542 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

I think to be retired on a pension you have to be at least 30%. If you are retired from wounds or injuries in line of duty it would be honorable, but maybe not a military retirement depending on the extent of wounds or injuries. Do you get Tricare?

#3 teejay53

teejay53

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

i do not know abt that. she didn't mention it. would that make a difference? i believe she said he does get a retirement ck each month.

#4 teejay53

teejay53

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

thanks for the answer. i probably wont see her again.
teejay

#5 Teac

Teac

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

hi to all;
i was asked a question again i do not know nor can not find the answer to on internet.

if someone has a honorable discharge certificate due to being retired from a serious service related injury. does he receive a certificate of retirement as well?

teejay
Posted Image

The answer is yes all retirees receive a retirement certificate( considered an honorable discharge certificate) regardless if it is for medical reasons or length of service. In fact, if married the spouse should also received a certificate of appreciation......... at least this is the way the US Army does things

Edited by Teac, 25 March 2012 - 12:37 PM.