Photo

Honorable Discharge And Retirement

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 teejay53

teejay53

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

hi to all;
i was asked a question again i do not know nor can not find the answer to on internet.

if someone has a honorable discharge certificate due to being retired from a serious service related injury. does he receive a certificate of retirement as well?

teejay
Posted Image

#2 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21826 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

I think to be retired on a pension you have to be at least 30%. If you are retired from wounds or injuries in line of duty it would be honorable, but maybe not a military retirement depending on the extent of wounds or injuries. Do you get Tricare?

#3 teejay53

teejay53

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

i do not know abt that. she didn't mention it. would that make a difference? i believe she said he does get a retirement ck each month.

#4 teejay53

teejay53

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

thanks for the answer. i probably wont see her again.
teejay

#5 Teac

Teac

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

hi to all;
i was asked a question again i do not know nor can not find the answer to on internet.

if someone has a honorable discharge certificate due to being retired from a serious service related injury. does he receive a certificate of retirement as well?

teejay
Posted Image

The answer is yes all retirees receive a retirement certificate( considered an honorable discharge certificate) regardless if it is for medical reasons or length of service. In fact, if married the spouse should also received a certificate of appreciation......... at least this is the way the US Army does things

Edited by Teac, 25 March 2012 - 12:37 PM.