Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  arng11 : (26 November 2014 - 11:30 AM) Everyone Enjoy The Holidays And Be Safe.
@  eagle1012004 : (26 November 2014 - 10:10 AM) Have A Happy Thanksgiving All!!!
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 04:54 PM) Tbird Accepted To 2015 Conference: V-Wise: Another Entrepreneurship Project Of The Whitman School Of Management Http://ow.ly/ej9Qg
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 04:13 PM) Arng11 Thank You For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign.
@  britton : (22 November 2014 - 02:57 PM) Thank You Ms T For Starting This Web Site For All Veterans, You Helpd Me And My Family And I'll Be Forever Gratful To You & Hadit.com
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 08:19 AM) Thank You All For Helping With The Funding The Site. It Is Really Helping!
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 08:18 AM) Britton Pm Me And I. Can Check This Out For You
@  britton : (22 November 2014 - 06:44 AM) What Does ''you Missed Your Quota For Postives Votes Today'' Mean??
@  coriemboh : (19 November 2014 - 08:29 AM) Hold Time For Peggy Was Approximately 1 Minute. That Was 17 Minutes Ago. They Really Need To Change This Hold Music.
@  Tbird : (17 November 2014 - 02:42 PM) Stretch Thanks For The Extra Contribution To Our Fundraiser This Month.
@  maxwell18 : (16 November 2014 - 09:04 PM) I Still Have To Bitch About The Navy Hosp Cutting My Meds By 2/3 On My Norco. I Contacted Customer Service Or What Ever You Want To Call It Who In Turn Contacted The Navy Hosp Pensacola Commander Who In Turn Did Nothing. Thanks To All The People That Are Affair Of There Jobs And I Feel That Medical Malpractice Should Come Into Place. I Guess Just Do What Ever They Want To Because They Can, But Don't Give A Sh T For The Vets That Suppose To Being Supporting From All The Military  organizations. This Is Not The Way They Have Been Trained And Promised To Do. 
@  carlie : (16 November 2014 - 11:26 AM) Delayed Onset Tinnitus - Ref To Va Training Letter 10-028 - Link - Http://veteranclaims.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/single-Judge-Application-Va-Training-Letter-10-028-Delayed-Onset-Tinnitus/
@  carlie : (16 November 2014 - 11:03 AM) Here's A Good Tinnitus Link To Check Out From M21-1 Change Dated Jan 10,2014 - Http://veteranclaims.wordpress.com/tag/section-B-Duty-Military-Occupational-Specialty-Mos-Noise-Exposure-Listing-Fast-Letter-10-35-Tinnitus-Hearing-Loss-Vbms-Rating-Decision-Tools/
@  Asiadaug : (16 November 2014 - 02:08 AM) "rolled" Not Ruled! :)
@  Asiadaug : (16 November 2014 - 02:07 AM) Thanks. I Have Seen The Fast Ltr 10-35 And Have Seen Cases Where The Va Has Apparently Agreed That Tinnitus Can Have Delayed Onset. I Did Not In Looking Over The Fast Ltr See Where They Had Ruled 10-028 Into That. And, I Am Not Sure In The Vas Issuance Of ‘policy’ Type Letters How They Might Roll In Previous Instructions Into Newer Ones. Maybe There Is Some Intranet Traceability Capability? I Was Just Curious As There ‘appeared’ To Be Conspicuous Absence Of That 10-028. I Am Assuming 10-028 Was Written In 2010. But It May Be I Should Not Assume Anything.
@  carlie : (15 November 2014 - 05:56 PM) Asiadaug - You Might Be Looking For Fast Letter 10-35, Http://www.hadit.com/forums/topic/40962-Va-Fl-10-35/ Also Check Out This Link To Links For Delayed Onset Tinnitus - They All Refer Back To Fast Letter 10-35, Https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=Chrome-Instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=Utf-8#q=Tinnitus, Delayed Onset, Va Fast Letter
@  Tbird : (15 November 2014 - 07:50 AM) Asiadaug Searched All Over For Va Training Letter 10-028 But No Luck So Far.
@  Asiadaug : (15 November 2014 - 02:12 AM) Several Cases I've Run Across Mention Va Training Letter 10-028 With Apparent Discussion About Delayed Onset Of Tinnitus. I Have Been Unable To Locate That Trng Ltr. Any Suggestions?
@  Tbird : (12 November 2014 - 05:56 PM) Stretch Thanks For Contributing To Our Fundraising Campairg
@  Tbird : (12 November 2014 - 04:01 AM) Atomicwidow Thank Your For Donating To Our Funding Campaign.

Photo

Wondering Wether To File For P&t Off Curent Tdiu Eliglible, And What About An Id Card?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 10thFO

10thFO

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

Posted ImageWings, on 28 January 2011 - 11:12 PM, said:

x x x See Attached Fast Letter
DoD instructed its facilities that “honorably discharged veterans determined by the VA to have a
service-connected disability of no less than 60%, but rated 100% disabled based on individual
unemployability are entitled to MWR, Commissary and Exchange privileges.” This instruction isstill in effect.

Okay, I know I'm late to the game here, but I believe this is what I have been looking for. This year I got a letter stating that I was 80% service connected but 100% TDIU, due to unemployability when it came to a new law that the state of Virginia had passed for Veterans that were 100% getting a real estate tax exemption. (in Va. you have to be all or it's nothing, no step down basis in tax relief). So after recieving that I finally got property tax taken care of. I called the VARO today, and asked if i was marked as P&T. Answer was no, but felt I should ask. I have been interested in wether I could get an ID card or not, because Ft. Drum NY actually has a pretty decent MWR program, and I have a cottage up on Lake Ontario, and could use some of their resources there. So if I print out this letter, or call the VARO and inform them that I need one of these letters/form for my PX privileges I would be eligible. That's what I'm reading, but I know the difference between what I read and what the VARO's will approve. Anyone else with experience?

As a secondary issue, my TDIU was back dated to 2004, is there anywhere I can find out about the 10/20 rule for myself and my wife. With the PTSD rating, I can't afford the life insurance rate of over 2K a month, so wondering if I should apply for P&T now, or just wait for year 10 to see what happens. I'd like to see that my son's college is paid for and he will be 8 this summer. So I can't wait for 20 years to hit, in case I pass before then.

I found this fast letter from Wings from over a year ago, and wonder if this will suffice to help me out.

Attached Files

#2 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22329 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

Request P&T ASAP. You have been total for about 6 years. If that ain't permanent I don't know what is.

#3 Philip Rogers

Philip Rogers

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3975 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:18 AM

Like John said, apply now! 5yrs, w/o improvement, is considered permanent. jmo

pr

#4 10thFO

10thFO

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:17 AM

Thanks guys. definitely no improvement, and just did the advanced in patient PTSD program back in december for 5 weeks. I had held off on pushing anything since I know there a lot of vets who need their claims done, and had a friend that was working at the RO that told me I wasn't eligible for P&T a couple years ago, so never pushed it. I will start up the old gears of motion this weekend, LOL. Toothbrush in hand, I will battle the windmill again.......

In requesting P&T, should I just send a letter, including the info diagnosis from my latest VA in patient PTSD program along with my SSDI award letter that was granted based upon the 3 Dr.'s in the first in patient program I went to? Or do I need to file the form for an increase in benies?

#5 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22329 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

I think I would just send a Statement in Support of Claim and just state that you have been TDIU for at least 5 years with no improvement and you request P&T. You could send a copy of the SSDI if it is solely for your service connected conditions. To me the whole ball of wax is that you have been total for 5-6 years with no signs of improvement. You are not working and no indication of being able to work. I got P&T within one year of getting TDIU.

John