Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 04:54 PM) Tbird Accepted To 2015 Conference: V-Wise: Another Entrepreneurship Project Of The Whitman School Of Management Http://ow.ly/ej9Qg
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 04:13 PM) Arng11 Thank You For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign.
@  britton : (22 November 2014 - 02:57 PM) Thank You Ms T For Starting This Web Site For All Veterans, You Helpd Me And My Family And I'll Be Forever Gratful To You & Hadit.com
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 08:19 AM) Thank You All For Helping With The Funding The Site. It Is Really Helping!
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 08:18 AM) Britton Pm Me And I. Can Check This Out For You
@  britton : (22 November 2014 - 06:44 AM) What Does ''you Missed Your Quota For Postives Votes Today'' Mean??
@  coriemboh : (19 November 2014 - 08:29 AM) Hold Time For Peggy Was Approximately 1 Minute. That Was 17 Minutes Ago. They Really Need To Change This Hold Music.
@  Tbird : (17 November 2014 - 02:42 PM) Stretch Thanks For The Extra Contribution To Our Fundraiser This Month.
@  maxwell18 : (16 November 2014 - 09:04 PM) I Still Have To Bitch About The Navy Hosp Cutting My Meds By 2/3 On My Norco. I Contacted Customer Service Or What Ever You Want To Call It Who In Turn Contacted The Navy Hosp Pensacola Commander Who In Turn Did Nothing. Thanks To All The People That Are Affair Of There Jobs And I Feel That Medical Malpractice Should Come Into Place. I Guess Just Do What Ever They Want To Because They Can, But Don't Give A Sh T For The Vets That Suppose To Being Supporting From All The Military  organizations. This Is Not The Way They Have Been Trained And Promised To Do. 
@  carlie : (16 November 2014 - 11:26 AM) Delayed Onset Tinnitus - Ref To Va Training Letter 10-028 - Link - Http://veteranclaims.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/single-Judge-Application-Va-Training-Letter-10-028-Delayed-Onset-Tinnitus/
@  carlie : (16 November 2014 - 11:03 AM) Here's A Good Tinnitus Link To Check Out From M21-1 Change Dated Jan 10,2014 - Http://veteranclaims.wordpress.com/tag/section-B-Duty-Military-Occupational-Specialty-Mos-Noise-Exposure-Listing-Fast-Letter-10-35-Tinnitus-Hearing-Loss-Vbms-Rating-Decision-Tools/
@  Asiadaug : (16 November 2014 - 02:08 AM) "rolled" Not Ruled! :)
@  Asiadaug : (16 November 2014 - 02:07 AM) Thanks. I Have Seen The Fast Ltr 10-35 And Have Seen Cases Where The Va Has Apparently Agreed That Tinnitus Can Have Delayed Onset. I Did Not In Looking Over The Fast Ltr See Where They Had Ruled 10-028 Into That. And, I Am Not Sure In The Vas Issuance Of ‘policy’ Type Letters How They Might Roll In Previous Instructions Into Newer Ones. Maybe There Is Some Intranet Traceability Capability? I Was Just Curious As There ‘appeared’ To Be Conspicuous Absence Of That 10-028. I Am Assuming 10-028 Was Written In 2010. But It May Be I Should Not Assume Anything.
@  carlie : (15 November 2014 - 05:56 PM) Asiadaug - You Might Be Looking For Fast Letter 10-35, Http://www.hadit.com/forums/topic/40962-Va-Fl-10-35/ Also Check Out This Link To Links For Delayed Onset Tinnitus - They All Refer Back To Fast Letter 10-35, Https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=Chrome-Instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=Utf-8#q=Tinnitus, Delayed Onset, Va Fast Letter
@  Tbird : (15 November 2014 - 07:50 AM) Asiadaug Searched All Over For Va Training Letter 10-028 But No Luck So Far.
@  Asiadaug : (15 November 2014 - 02:12 AM) Several Cases I've Run Across Mention Va Training Letter 10-028 With Apparent Discussion About Delayed Onset Of Tinnitus. I Have Been Unable To Locate That Trng Ltr. Any Suggestions?
@  Tbird : (12 November 2014 - 05:56 PM) Stretch Thanks For Contributing To Our Fundraising Campairg
@  Tbird : (12 November 2014 - 04:01 AM) Atomicwidow Thank Your For Donating To Our Funding Campaign.
@  Tbird : (11 November 2014 - 07:00 AM) Veterans Day 2014 - Veterans Thank You For Your Service And Your Sacrifice.
@  Tbird : (10 November 2014 - 07:19 AM) Semper Fi Marines

Photo
- - - - -

Upper Back Injury-Thinks It Is Spasmodic Torticollis-Going For Iu

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 csgosoul

csgosoul

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

I am 70% disabled, Been on Mental Health drugs for years-Been diagnosed with PTSD from MST, OCD, Severe Depression, and now, Spasmodic Torticollis. I can't find it anywhere. They want me to do Botox injections, and I am really scared to do it. I already have difficulty swallowing, and they are really pushing it. I have applied for IU, but, my DAV person said it would help if I had a letter from one of my VA doctors. Have not heard anything about IU yet. I just got the 70% for severe headaches in January-I could not believe how fast they did it. Had Psych exam , and within 1 week had decision!
but I have to go for exam again in 2013. Wondering about chances for IU, Because of all the meds I am on, I can't do anything-My Anxiety is so bad, I don't leave my house.

#2 jvretiredvet

jvretiredvet

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

From the repository of all internet knowledge ... Torticollis http://en.wikipedia....iki/Torticollis .

Though, I am a bit confused about got the 70% for severe headaches ... The Rating Criteria for headaches allows only 0-10-30-50% (DC 8100, http://www.benefits....rt4/s4_124a.doc ) So, what else is there? It might be helpful to know where that extra 20 came from, before any more specific recommendations can be made.

A future exam is not an absolute bar to IU but it does make things somewhat more difficult. While you say Because of all the meds I am on, I can't do anything-My Anxiety is so bad, I don't leave my house , are the medications for service connected conditions, or for things that are not service connected?

I presume you met the criteria for IU of a single 60% or a combined 70% or more with one service connected disability rated at least 40% ... though, it'd be nice to know what your specific disabilities might be and whether you'd meet the criteria 38 CFR 4.16(a)(1) - (5) http://www.benefits....PART4/S4_16.DOC .

I am 70% disabled, Been on Mental Health drugs for years-Been diagnosed with PTSD from MST, OCD, Severe Depression, and now, Spasmodic Torticollis. I can't find it anywhere. They want me to do Botox injections, and I am really scared to do it. I already have difficulty swallowing, and they are really pushing it. I have applied for IU, but, my DAV person said it would help if I had a letter from one of my VA doctors. Have not heard anything about IU yet. I just got the 70% for severe headaches in January-I could not believe how fast they did it. Had Psych exam , and within 1 week had decision!
but I have to go for exam again in 2013. Wondering about chances for IU, Because of all the meds I am on, I can't do anything-My Anxiety is so bad, I don't leave my house.

#3 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22323 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

Have you taken any anti-pyschotic drugs? The army gave me something called stelazine. It caused me to have muscle spasms that included my neck that were very painful.

#4 Berta

Berta

HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• SVR
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29008 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

Did you make the point ,under Remarks # 25, on the TDIU form, that your SC med side affects hinder your ability to work?

DO you get SSDI for the SC conditions?

If not have you applied for SSDI?

I am assuming that the TDIU was not awarded in the 70% award, but in fact, was deffered?

#5 csgosoul

csgosoul

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

sorry, should have been more specific-here goes: major depressive-50% (most recent) Service connection for major depressive disorder as secondary to the service-connected disability of compression fracture of thoracic spine with chronic upper back pain and spondylosis- it says my condition can improve, therefore they do not consider it permanent. only had it since 2003.
I started at 20% for the compression fracture and upper back pain, then received 20% for headaches related to the upper back pain, altogether 70%. All the medication I am on is due to the depression and pain, which makes it impossible for me to retain work. That is the reason I applied for IU-which I just applied for through my DAV- no C&P scheduled yet. I have already been through VA Voc Rehab, and I will not be able to do that job either. It is a horrible feeling when you don't feel productive anymore. My age is playing a role too. I have MST also, But nothing to back it up. I should add went to pain clinic recently-The Doctor thinks I might have Spasmodic Torticollis-had to look that up-never heard of it. So they scheduled me for an MRI, and they want me to do Botox injections-Not sure about that yet. Any input would be helpful. thanks

#6 csgosoul

csgosoul

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:45 PM

Have you taken any anti-pyschotic drugs? The army gave me something called stelazine. It caused me to have muscle spasms that included my neck that were very painful.

No, Haven't had that.

#7 csgosoul

csgosoul

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

Did you make the point ,under Remarks # 25, on the TDIU form, that your SC med side affects hinder your ability to work?

DO you get SSDI for the SC conditions?

If not have you applied for SSDI?

I am assuming that the TDIU was not awarded in the 70% award, but in fact, was deffered?

I have not applied for SSDI because i don't have enough points.