Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  chuck57thSig : (30 October 2014 - 05:51 PM) Sarti07, It's Under (Va Claims And Research) Http://www.hadit.com/forums/topic/59064-Prep-For-Decision-Phaseprovisional-Rating/
@  sarti07 : (30 October 2014 - 02:43 PM) Hello, I Just Posted A Topic About Prep For Decision.. I Have No Idea Where To Find It! Lol
@  carlie : (28 October 2014 - 03:42 PM) Reelnrod - Just Pick A Topic That Corresponds To Your Stuff And Post It
@  reelnrod : (28 October 2014 - 10:11 AM) So, How Do I Post A Topic?
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:21 AM) Irrrl
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:18 AM) Fishing License
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:14 AM) Thadine Quick
@  red : (27 October 2014 - 12:14 PM) Anyone Heard Any Updates On Flying Space A For 100% Disabled Vets?
@  maxwell18 : (27 October 2014 - 10:49 AM) I Did Contact My Congressman Jeff Miller, Let's See What Will Happen
@  maxwell18 : (27 October 2014 - 10:48 AM) @britton
@  Tbird : (27 October 2014 - 04:26 AM) Thank You Larry S For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:33 PM) Everyone (Veteran's) Should Recive A Memo From The Dept Of Veterans Affairs ****notification Of Medication Scheduling Change****
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:24 PM) Meds That Are Consider To Be Schedule Ii Narcotic...pain Meds Like Hydrocodone Ectt Ect,,
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:22 PM) As I Understand We Only Can See The Va Dr's Every 28 Days To Renew Our Prescription Meds A New Law Went Into Effect Oct 6Th 2014....i Only See Problems Problems Problems With This...grrrrr
@  maxwell18 : (26 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) This Is Maxwell18 Would The Person Who Contacted Me (Vern2) Please Contact Me Again, I Attemped To E Mail You It Returned No Reply. Thanks
@  Tbird : (26 October 2014 - 05:12 AM) Thank You Maxwell18 For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign.
@  Notorious Kelly : (25 October 2014 - 07:53 PM) Max- Contact Your Congressman- Dea Has Got Docs So Cowed They're Afraid To Dispense Tylenol
@  maxwell18 : (25 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) Anybody Having Problems Getting Pain Pills (Norco) Filled Us Navy Base (Nas Whiting Fld Milton Fl). Had A Prescription For 90 Norco Pills For 30 Days, 3 A Day For Pain, Got 30 For 30 Days. That Will Last Me 10 Days. Another Thing That Our Government Is Screwing With Us. I Don't Know What To Do, Don't Want To To The Va, Don't Know What They Will Either. Anybody Goy Any Ideas. 
@  Burt : (25 October 2014 - 10:28 AM) Does Anyone Else Here Wear A Don Joy Armor Knee Brace From The Va?
@  red : (24 October 2014 - 10:10 AM) Any News On Space A Flying?

Photo
- - - - -

Upper Back Injury-Thinks It Is Spasmodic Torticollis-Going For Iu

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 csgosoul

csgosoul

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

I am 70% disabled, Been on Mental Health drugs for years-Been diagnosed with PTSD from MST, OCD, Severe Depression, and now, Spasmodic Torticollis. I can't find it anywhere. They want me to do Botox injections, and I am really scared to do it. I already have difficulty swallowing, and they are really pushing it. I have applied for IU, but, my DAV person said it would help if I had a letter from one of my VA doctors. Have not heard anything about IU yet. I just got the 70% for severe headaches in January-I could not believe how fast they did it. Had Psych exam , and within 1 week had decision!
but I have to go for exam again in 2013. Wondering about chances for IU, Because of all the meds I am on, I can't do anything-My Anxiety is so bad, I don't leave my house.

#2 jvretiredvet

jvretiredvet

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

From the repository of all internet knowledge ... Torticollis http://en.wikipedia....iki/Torticollis .

Though, I am a bit confused about got the 70% for severe headaches ... The Rating Criteria for headaches allows only 0-10-30-50% (DC 8100, http://www.benefits....rt4/s4_124a.doc ) So, what else is there? It might be helpful to know where that extra 20 came from, before any more specific recommendations can be made.

A future exam is not an absolute bar to IU but it does make things somewhat more difficult. While you say Because of all the meds I am on, I can't do anything-My Anxiety is so bad, I don't leave my house , are the medications for service connected conditions, or for things that are not service connected?

I presume you met the criteria for IU of a single 60% or a combined 70% or more with one service connected disability rated at least 40% ... though, it'd be nice to know what your specific disabilities might be and whether you'd meet the criteria 38 CFR 4.16(a)(1) - (5) http://www.benefits....PART4/S4_16.DOC .

I am 70% disabled, Been on Mental Health drugs for years-Been diagnosed with PTSD from MST, OCD, Severe Depression, and now, Spasmodic Torticollis. I can't find it anywhere. They want me to do Botox injections, and I am really scared to do it. I already have difficulty swallowing, and they are really pushing it. I have applied for IU, but, my DAV person said it would help if I had a letter from one of my VA doctors. Have not heard anything about IU yet. I just got the 70% for severe headaches in January-I could not believe how fast they did it. Had Psych exam , and within 1 week had decision!
but I have to go for exam again in 2013. Wondering about chances for IU, Because of all the meds I am on, I can't do anything-My Anxiety is so bad, I don't leave my house.

#3 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22269 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

Have you taken any anti-pyschotic drugs? The army gave me something called stelazine. It caused me to have muscle spasms that included my neck that were very painful.

#4 Berta

Berta

HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• SVR
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28862 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

Did you make the point ,under Remarks # 25, on the TDIU form, that your SC med side affects hinder your ability to work?

DO you get SSDI for the SC conditions?

If not have you applied for SSDI?

I am assuming that the TDIU was not awarded in the 70% award, but in fact, was deffered?

#5 csgosoul

csgosoul

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

sorry, should have been more specific-here goes: major depressive-50% (most recent) Service connection for major depressive disorder as secondary to the service-connected disability of compression fracture of thoracic spine with chronic upper back pain and spondylosis- it says my condition can improve, therefore they do not consider it permanent. only had it since 2003.
I started at 20% for the compression fracture and upper back pain, then received 20% for headaches related to the upper back pain, altogether 70%. All the medication I am on is due to the depression and pain, which makes it impossible for me to retain work. That is the reason I applied for IU-which I just applied for through my DAV- no C&P scheduled yet. I have already been through VA Voc Rehab, and I will not be able to do that job either. It is a horrible feeling when you don't feel productive anymore. My age is playing a role too. I have MST also, But nothing to back it up. I should add went to pain clinic recently-The Doctor thinks I might have Spasmodic Torticollis-had to look that up-never heard of it. So they scheduled me for an MRI, and they want me to do Botox injections-Not sure about that yet. Any input would be helpful. thanks

#6 csgosoul

csgosoul

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:45 PM

Have you taken any anti-pyschotic drugs? The army gave me something called stelazine. It caused me to have muscle spasms that included my neck that were very painful.

No, Haven't had that.

#7 csgosoul

csgosoul

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

Did you make the point ,under Remarks # 25, on the TDIU form, that your SC med side affects hinder your ability to work?

DO you get SSDI for the SC conditions?

If not have you applied for SSDI?

I am assuming that the TDIU was not awarded in the 70% award, but in fact, was deffered?

I have not applied for SSDI because i don't have enough points.