Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  chuck57thSig : (30 October 2014 - 05:51 PM) Sarti07, It's Under (Va Claims And Research) Http://www.hadit.com/forums/topic/59064-Prep-For-Decision-Phaseprovisional-Rating/
@  sarti07 : (30 October 2014 - 02:43 PM) Hello, I Just Posted A Topic About Prep For Decision.. I Have No Idea Where To Find It! Lol
@  carlie : (28 October 2014 - 03:42 PM) Reelnrod - Just Pick A Topic That Corresponds To Your Stuff And Post It
@  reelnrod : (28 October 2014 - 10:11 AM) So, How Do I Post A Topic?
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:21 AM) Irrrl
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:18 AM) Fishing License
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:14 AM) Thadine Quick
@  red : (27 October 2014 - 12:14 PM) Anyone Heard Any Updates On Flying Space A For 100% Disabled Vets?
@  maxwell18 : (27 October 2014 - 10:49 AM) I Did Contact My Congressman Jeff Miller, Let's See What Will Happen
@  maxwell18 : (27 October 2014 - 10:48 AM) @britton
@  Tbird : (27 October 2014 - 04:26 AM) Thank You Larry S For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:33 PM) Everyone (Veteran's) Should Recive A Memo From The Dept Of Veterans Affairs ****notification Of Medication Scheduling Change****
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:24 PM) Meds That Are Consider To Be Schedule Ii Narcotic...pain Meds Like Hydrocodone Ectt Ect,,
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:22 PM) As I Understand We Only Can See The Va Dr's Every 28 Days To Renew Our Prescription Meds A New Law Went Into Effect Oct 6Th 2014....i Only See Problems Problems Problems With This...grrrrr
@  maxwell18 : (26 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) This Is Maxwell18 Would The Person Who Contacted Me (Vern2) Please Contact Me Again, I Attemped To E Mail You It Returned No Reply. Thanks
@  Tbird : (26 October 2014 - 05:12 AM) Thank You Maxwell18 For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign.
@  Notorious Kelly : (25 October 2014 - 07:53 PM) Max- Contact Your Congressman- Dea Has Got Docs So Cowed They're Afraid To Dispense Tylenol
@  maxwell18 : (25 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) Anybody Having Problems Getting Pain Pills (Norco) Filled Us Navy Base (Nas Whiting Fld Milton Fl). Had A Prescription For 90 Norco Pills For 30 Days, 3 A Day For Pain, Got 30 For 30 Days. That Will Last Me 10 Days. Another Thing That Our Government Is Screwing With Us. I Don't Know What To Do, Don't Want To To The Va, Don't Know What They Will Either. Anybody Goy Any Ideas. 
@  Burt : (25 October 2014 - 10:28 AM) Does Anyone Else Here Wear A Don Joy Armor Knee Brace From The Va?
@  red : (24 October 2014 - 10:10 AM) Any News On Space A Flying?

Photo

Predetermination Claim?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 silke

silke

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

Hello all,

On our e-bennies acount under claims status it has an open claim thats simply labeled as "Claim Type: Predetermination"....I have no clue as to what this could be, has anyone ever seen this before?

Thank you all

#2 cooter

cooter

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

What it sounds like is; The rating you'll receive is only a temporary one untill VA gets all the info they need to close this claim out. Once they receive this info they will re-rate you. What is your claim for?

Coot

#3 silke

silke

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

I have no claims other than Im awaiting an appointment as fidicuary for my husband...my husband was rated 100% permanent last year, which shows up as closed on ebene's, but there is an imcompetency issue. It would make sense if that was it, but no field agent has shown up yet for a visit and no retro money has been deposited......

The strange thing is that the predetermination claim opened on the day of his comp award (6-27-2011) and just closed yesterday and they sent out a letter....Ill let you guys know what it says if your interested......Have a great weekened!!

#4 cooter

cooter

• 967 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

Thanks silke, it would be interesting to know what they say, mainly so I can obtain extra knowledge on these type of claims. I'm assuming he's rated for PTSD due to the mentioning of incompetency. Please excuse me silke if you already know the complete rating process, but the last 3 stages/phases of the process are (in order) [1] Pre-determination team where they make sure everything is in order for the rater, such as, C&P exams, evidence, c;file, duty to assist letters, etc. [2] Ratings ​where the RVSR Rating Veterans Service Representative reviews your file and makes a decision on the claim according to the law. [3] Post-determination team where the information is entered in the system and a letter of decision sent out.
Hope your not confused as why I stated this. I was thinking this would help to understand some of the process as to the term predetermination comes into the picture. JMO, there seems to be 2 parts of this claim, and since the rating part has already been determined, I'm thinking now the 2nd part has to do with the incompetency issue. So yes, please let me know since I'm curious, and possibly stand to be corrected.lol

Coot

#5 silke

silke

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

I called the 800 number this morning and the pre-determination claim is for the incompetency issue, I will have to wait to get the decision letter to get any more information. I asked about these types of claims and they said, generally speaking, a "predetermination" claim can mean several different things. They could be proposing a rating of incompetence for VA purposes,
they could be proposing a reduction in VA benefits, they could be proposing to remove or add a specific dependent from the Veteran's award, etc....those were the examples they game me.......I suggested they make this a bit more clear on E-bennies. Thank you for your time and service Cooter!.......have a great day!

#6 cooter

cooter

• 967 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

Thanks silke for the info! I'm with you, clarifying some of their terminology a little more broader.

Coot