Help fund HadIt.com. Please note HadIt.com is NOT a non-profit, there is no tax deduction for helping to fund HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC
We have been very lucky since 1997 in being able to fund the site from advertising and my own pocket. Unfortunately my pockets are empty and revenue for the site is down. So if you want to help keep the site funded please use the button below and help fund the site.
2011 Bva Cycle Times
Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:21 AM
Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:28 AM
I did the same....
Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:01 PM
According to the Chairman of the Board of Veterans Appeals ( Bva's) 2011 annual report to the Secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs, the average time once file is certified and in reciept at bva and a decision is rendered is 240 days. Of these 240 days, 119 of them is the average cycle time for bva,s time to make that decision, with the remaining 121 days being the average time your vso has the file for review or arguments before returning file to the VLJ. This is interesting in that my appeal has been certified and been with the VLJ since the 23rd. of march 2012 and i am representing myself after revocation of my POA, and waiving reconsideration of regional office consideration.
My guess is that you won't have any resolve from BVA for 18 - 24 months minimum.
Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:54 AM
Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:15 AM
Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:23 AM
Based on the above statement, at what point is the claim actually filed at BVA.
VA for 9 Substabtive Appeal Phase?
When it is actually mailed by the VARO and in the physical possesion of the BVA?
Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:27 AM
Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:02 AM
Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:29 AM
They rated me at 40% reduced to 20% (backdated to 2008 - initial decision from a claim in 2005) bilateral for knees that they said were pre-existing. I'm contending that this isn't true, they have no proof and also sent a copy of my initial entry exam with a statement reminding them of "presumption of soundness" and benefit of the doubt in a statement in support of claim. If it comes back to the 40% (bilateral), it would all add up to 95%.... I'm still working, so would they keep me at 90%, or the 100% schedular?
Also, I think this went for DRO review w/another claim that was in appeal. My VSO said they were going to wait until they had all the info and review them together. I've been told this isn't a bad thing, but I'm getting tired of waiting.
Edited by justrluk, 24 May 2012 - 12:32 PM.