Search

Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup
@  babyray : (21 August 2014 - 07:15 AM) Dc
@  rootbeer22 : (20 August 2014 - 02:19 PM) Buddy Statements
@  IraqVet : (19 August 2014 - 07:02 PM) Anyone Recieveing Letters From Vfw To Applay For Tricare And Campava Supplimantal Insurance When You Do Not Have 100% Yet....mines Pending But I Wonder If They Know Something I Dont
@  Detonator : (19 August 2014 - 10:51 AM) Insomnia
@  jbasser : (18 August 2014 - 08:29 PM) Folks, Dont Miss The Hadit Radio Show Wed At 1Pm Eastern. The Basser Hour.
@  Thadine : (18 August 2014 - 12:23 PM) Nod
@  carlie : (18 August 2014 - 08:37 AM) Notapb1 - Might Get More Replies If You Post The Questions Into The Forums.
@  notapb1 : (18 August 2014 - 07:26 AM) Looking For Feedback. I Have Applied For Iu. Was Told To Come In For A Psych Eval And Diabetes Clinic. Received A Call From Va They Were Cancelling The Psych Eval As The Doc(?) Who Did It In March(Ptsd Increase) Was Asked For His Opinion And He Was Going To Submit That. This Is The Same Individual Who Told Me Off The Record About Iu And To Contact My Service Officer. Sounds Positive To Me, But I May Be A Little Bias. Thoughts?
@  waltbarb : (16 August 2014 - 08:35 PM) Appeal
@  MarkInTexas : (16 August 2014 - 04:49 PM) Just Testing This "shout" Thing....... Have A Great Weekend Everybody!
@  Notorious Kelly : (16 August 2014 - 04:40 PM) I Reset Firefox And Now Can Read- Probably Kok Issue (Kitties On The Keyboard)
@  Notorious Kelly : (16 August 2014 - 04:25 PM) I Couldn't Read Posts So I Changed Theme To Ipboard Mobile. Now I Can Read And It Says Hadit Custom
@  carlie : (16 August 2014 - 03:32 PM) Raymondb50 - Probably Better To Post Your Question To The Board.
@  carlie : (16 August 2014 - 03:15 PM) Raymondbb50 - What Is It That You Want ?
@  raymondb50 : (15 August 2014 - 09:47 PM) How Do I Change Member Title And Group Info In My Profile?
@  carlie : (15 August 2014 - 08:37 PM) Just Saying Hi To All
@  WoundedWarrior : (14 August 2014 - 08:50 AM) Got Unofficial Word From The Vso - Unofficially Approved For Tdiu, Effective Date 6/3/2014
@  mrmark1999 : (13 August 2014 - 06:23 PM) Ok When You Call The 1800 # You Feel Like They Allways Have Heavy Call Volume
@  Notorious Kelly : (13 August 2014 - 06:08 AM) Hi Autumn - Those Links Aren't Working Thru Shoutbox; Maybe In A Regular Post. Thanks!
@  autumn : (12 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) Http://bit.ly/1Ojvi2B : Why Would A Doctor With A Sense Of Integrity And Really Good Medical Quals Want To Work At This Thug Org? Central Office Ties Their Hands Too Boot.

Photo
- - - - -

Notice Of New Exam?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 Papa

Papa

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

Just received a notice from the VA that a private facility (QTC) will perform an examiniation to determine my current level of disability. They do not say what type of examination, but since I have moved from prepartion of decistion back to gathering evidence, it will be a general examination. The first one was in 2010. Now, they have made me wait over 24 months since the last exam, and now they decide to do another one. I will most likely have to wait another 24+ months, and then get another examination. The VA can do this forever. I will go to this exam, but it really upsets me that they can keep doing this trickery. I do not think they care about my current rate of disability. They, the VA, noticed how old this was, and it was making their time look bad, so to help themselves, they said we will make him do another examination and the time will start anew. They are looking out for themselves, not me. JMHO

Papa

Advertise Here

#2 #1Cavtrooper

#1Cavtrooper

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

I don't know what to say but "Just Unbelievable!" ~~ the Va that is. Is this an IU exam perhaps?

#3 donh777

donh777

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

they have been known to issue a decision, shortly after the Exam also. Hang tight.

#4 Papa

Papa

• 903 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

Do you know what would be very helpful to us Vets, and that would be if the VA in their letter would tell us why the exam, what it is for, etc. Instead of calling the 1-800 Peggy number, or waiting on QTC.

Papa

#5 mobie16r

mobie16r

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

Like i said on your other post,my guess is,you probabaly will be getting a competency exam,to see whether or not you can handle your own funds
mobie

#6 Papa

Papa

• 903 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

Mobie,

Thanks. I knew I saw something about this, but lost it in Post HeavenPosted Image . I had never thought about this, do you know if it will be another PTSD type exam? My wife does the family accounts in our household, not that I can not do it, but because I do volunteer work and keep accounts for non-profit organizations.

Papa

#7 #1Cavtrooper

#1Cavtrooper

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

Papa, you can always call QTC and find out. Thats what I did after Va sent me a letter stating that they were going to schedule me for an exam. Their main office is in San Antonio. Tel.# 1-800-545-9448 Ext 1446
They are really nice folks.
QTC called me before they mailed my appt packet to verify my mailing address and to ask if I live closer to Houston or San Antonio, to schedule the appointment.

Edited by #1Cavtrooper, 15 April 2012 - 06:03 PM.

#8 mobie16r

mobie16r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

Papa, it will be somewhat of a PTSD type exam,you will be ask question about how you handle your business.On your last C&P exam,you was not founded to be incompetent,but the examiner stated that he/she was not sure, whether of not you could handle your funds.If i was you.just in case,i would take along my utilities bills,mortgage papers,bank statements.with your name on them showing that you handle your own business. I hope this helps and good luck.
mobie

#9 Papa

Papa

• 903 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

Thanks for the advice, but I was just thinking about something, if a family decides that the wife or the husband will handle the family bills and checking account that the one not doing it is incompetentPosted Image . In that case there are a lot of incompetent people in this world. I retired from my tax business as it was time to. I had around 200 clients, and decided to recommend another tax person for my clients. Needed to take care of my Parkinsons and other issues. BTW, I can do a lot of the 5 star sadouk puzzles. Regardless, my wife will still handle our family accounts, that should be our right.

Papa

#10 mobie16r

mobie16r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

I understand what you are saying Papa,the VA is a different animal,there only concern is with the veteran,and sometime it don't seen like it,just trying to help you get what you deserve,and when you do ,your wife can still handle your business.
mobie

#11 Papa

Papa

• 903 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

Do not know whether to laugh or cry. I called QTC this morning to find out the type of exam they had me scheduled for. They told me that they have nothing in their system for me to have an exam. They told me to contact the VA, I did.

The Lady who answered the phone said she would need to get some one else to help me since I'm classified as sensitive seven. Waited, but the same Lady came on the phone!! Ask her about the exam, and she said there is nothing in my records regarding any exams. This Lady was very nice, so I was not going to have a hissy fit. So, the VA sends me a letter that a private facility will perform an exam on me, but the private facility has no clue, and neither does the VA. Isn't life grand.

Papa

#12 AFMedic09

AFMedic09

• PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

Does the appointment come up in ebenefits? Maybe you coul print it out, or fax the letter over to the QTC and have them follow up on it. They should be gathering the needed medical records for your appointment, and if they don't even show you coming in they will be ill prepared.

#13 #1Cavtrooper

#1Cavtrooper

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

I know the feeling.....I guess now I would think that if you just got the letter perhaps it is Va's intentions to schedule with QTC, but obviously hasn't done so yet. I would give it a few days and follow up with QTC. I was contacted by Qtc in San Antonio my 1st exam and by Qtc out of Corpus Christi for my exam for Ptsd.

Edited by #1Cavtrooper, 17 April 2012 - 09:46 AM.

#14 Denmaint7

Denmaint7

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

Papa,

Sorry to here about your troubles with the "hacks" at our V.A. I too am getting the run-a-round. I can't help but think if there is over 900,000 + vets getting jurked around and frankly wished away... Why cant we "900,000" + petition them out of a job, and get our v.a. re vamped this election year. Just thinkin there has to be a better way to get treated fairly by the goverment we all served honorably . Just a old ticked off crew chief. p.s. We have the same interests too I see, good on ya Papa..... all the best. Denmaint7 Posted Image

#15 Papa

Papa

• 903 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

I know that I should not do this, but I called Peggy. However, since I'm sensitive, I get sensitive Peggy. I ask Peggy what this up coming exam is for, she ask if I had called QTC. Yes, I have, and they have no record of it. Ebenefits has no record of it for the next 90 days at least. Peggy said she sees the letter, but it does not identify the type of exam. I ask why not, and she said it was a human error. Glory be!! Told her someone generated this letter for this exam, it did not just appear out of thin air. But, all she would tell me was the Houston RO will respond to me by phone or email. Told her that the Houston RO has not responded to me for anything in the last 20+ years. I will not hold my breathe. But, I did tell Peggy that I did appreciate her hard work and for helping as much as possible. I heard the shredding machine in the backgroundPosted Image . I'm kidding.

Papa

#16 #1Cavtrooper

#1Cavtrooper

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

I fully agree with not holding your breath waiting on Houston. I sent an inquiry through Peggy on March 12, 2012 requesting response via email with 2 followups and nothing so far.
With yours, I would just stay in touch with QTC.

#17 Inthewind

Inthewind

• PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

Papa,

Sorry to here about your troubles with the "hacks" at our V.A. I too am getting the run-a-round. I can't help but think if there is over 900,000 + vets getting jurked around and frankly wished away... Why cant we "900,000" + petition them out of a job, and get our v.a. re vamped this election year. Just thinkin there has to be a better way to get treated fairly by the goverment we all served honorably . Just a old ticked off crew chief. p.s. We have the same interests too I see, good on ya Papa..... all the best. Denmaint7 Posted Image

Maybe if 900,000 vets contacted their representitives of congress and told them they've had enough of the BS something might get done. The squeeky wheel theory works sometimes!

#18 Papa

Papa

• 903 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:28 PM

Well, it appears that the call I made to the Claims Management people got the Houston RO moving. They called me, not Peggy, and the guy told me that the exam was going to be for my Back. Soon after QTC called to verify my address.

Papa

Advertise Here