Search

Advertise Here

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  raven316 : (21 October 2014 - 01:59 PM) Glasses
@  iceturkee : (20 October 2014 - 06:50 AM) Good Luck Plum
@  Notorious Kelly : (19 October 2014 - 06:32 AM) I Wish You All The Best With That, Plum!
@  me.plum : (18 October 2014 - 01:09 PM) Hearing For Bva 11-19 At 8:30 Wow!!! Thanks Everyone!!!
@  Tbird : (18 October 2014 - 12:30 PM) Buckeye46 Thank For Contributing Our Fund Raiser
@  Notorious Kelly : (17 October 2014 - 02:11 PM) Impressive Site, Kimmy. I Bookmarked. Thanks! :)
@  Kimmy : (17 October 2014 - 08:31 AM) I Recently Discover The Site. It Is Very Detailed With Info On Conditions And Ratings.
@  Kimmy : (17 October 2014 - 08:28 AM) Has Anyone Here Been To This Site? Http://www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/
@  Tbird : (17 October 2014 - 08:06 AM) Snake Eyes Thank You For Remembering Us. Congratulations On Your Retro.
@  Snake Eyes : (16 October 2014 - 07:04 PM) Thinking Of Donating A Portion Of My Retro On Next Claim. Smaller Amount Coming Beginning Of November. Thanks For The Good Work!
@  britton : (13 October 2014 - 06:13 AM) Hi There T Bird Shout Backatcha
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 06:04 AM) Britton Ahoy There Matey Give You A Shout Out Back
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 06:00 AM) Thank You Michael M For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 05:57 AM) Thank You Elliot K For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  Timothy11 : (12 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) Retro Pay
@  britton : (12 October 2014 - 10:10 AM) Hey Everyone!!!......i Give A Shout!!!.......:)
@  Notorious Kelly : (11 October 2014 - 04:18 PM) Hey- There's Britton Right On Top Of The Dealy Bobber!
@  britton : (11 October 2014 - 08:47 AM) Hi Everyone! I Enjoy Reading This Site &please Remember M Fellow Veteran Brothers & Sisters Knowledge Is Power!
@  hmcquade : (10 October 2014 - 02:21 PM) @ari Have Ms
@  Tbird : (09 October 2014 - 01:13 PM) Raz Thank You For Your Helping Fund Hadit.com

Photo
- - - - -

What Happens To Deffered Claims After The Award Is Closed Out?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 oldman273

oldman273

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

Hello I am in need of a few answers that have me stumped. I just got a favorable descion back on my claim I got 100% P&T but the other issues were deffered for further work. The issues are tendonitis, aid and attendance, Migraines I was sure I had provided all the evidence they needed. The letter also said the education part Chapter 18 benefits were deffered I am sure it is also something I need to send it

I filled out the kids school information and sent in the forms they asked to fill ot along with some surgical notes the VA needed so I guess I am done for a while. I was so used to sitting on this truckload of stress the silence and the nervous energy I used to deal with all of the time it is like somebody moved out on me. Kind of creepy around here but it is a lot better than it was

I am wondering as well if there is a time limit when the VA will go back and look at these other issues? Reason I ask I am moving here this fall out west and once I figure where I will end up I will let my VARO know.

I appriciate all the advice and help you could offer I should not worry about stuff I have no control over but I worry when I have to interact with the VA. Thanks have a good day

Advertise Here

#2 jvretiredvet

jvretiredvet

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

What makes you say that "The Award Is Closed Out"? What does your Rating Decision state? Does it specifically state that issue ________, issue ________, issue _______, etc., are deferred for ______ ?

As for the timeline .... prolly less than a new claim would take but more than you'd like. If you do move before all issues are decided, MAKE SURE THAT THE VA REGIONAL OFFICE HANDLING YOUR CLAIM HAS AN ADDRESS IF THEY NEED TO SEND YOU LETTERS!!! You can also provide a cellphone number, but I'd guess that relatively few attempts to contact anyone by phone are made.

Hello I am in need of a few answers that have me stumped. I just got a favorable descion back on my claim I got 100% P&T but the other issues were deffered for further work. The issues are tendonitis, aid and attendance, Migraines I was sure I had provided all the evidence they needed. The letter also said the education part Chapter 18 benefits were deffered I am sure it is also something I need to send it

I filled out the kids school information and sent in the forms they asked to fill ot along with some surgical notes the VA needed so I guess I am done for a while. I was so used to sitting on this truckload of stress the silence and the nervous energy I used to deal with all of the time it is like somebody moved out on me. Kind of creepy around here but it is a lot better than it was

I am wondering as well if there is a time limit when the VA will go back and look at these other issues? Reason I ask I am moving here this fall out west and once I figure where I will end up I will let my VARO know.

I appriciate all the advice and help you could offer I should not worry about stuff I have no control over but I worry when I have to interact with the VA. Thanks have a good day

#3 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22262 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

I would NOD the decision to defer your claims before a year from the date of your award just to play it safe.

#4 SP4RVN1971

SP4RVN1971

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

Once you reach 100% P&T, you max out monies and benifit's that you can get.

Only other money can get is SMC for loss of creative organ, or something like that.

These other claim's I would still go after!

Advertise Here