Search

Help fund HadIt.com. Please note HadIt.com is NOT a non-profit, there is no tax deduction for helping to fund HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC

We have been very lucky since 1997 in being able to fund the site from advertising and my own pocket. Unfortunately my pockets are empty and revenue for the site is down. So if you want to help keep the site funded please use the button below and help fund the site.

Advertise Here

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  YellowGTO : (17 September 2014 - 01:37 PM) I Can See Reply's In My Email But When I Click The Link It Says "sorry, We Couldn't Find That!" Anyone Have Any Ideas?
@  cragwex : (15 September 2014 - 10:22 AM) Asking For T & P
@  NeverGiveUp : (14 September 2014 - 01:19 PM) Got Denial Letter From Va On Friday, Having Surgery For Hip This Friday Need Advice
@  Tbird : (13 September 2014 - 02:39 PM) Thank You Notorious
@  Notorious Kelly : (12 September 2014 - 02:52 PM) Happy To See The Donate Button For Hadit. No Pressure If You're Struggling But Give If You Can!
@  vet201060 : (11 September 2014 - 11:49 PM) Got The Dea Letter For Pain Killers Today. Interesting To See How This Actually Effects Us Getting Our Meds
@  bad@57 : (11 September 2014 - 07:07 PM) Hello Vets, Had A Very successful Bva Hearing August 20, 2014. Submitting Final Paperwork To Judge For Decision. Wish Me Luck As I Do All!
@  dereekbanks : (11 September 2014 - 12:49 PM) Still No Letter In The Mail, But I Think I Was Denied. Feeling Depressed!
@  dereekbanks : (11 September 2014 - 12:48 PM) Claim Closed On The 8Th, Its 3 Days Later And Ebenefits Still Shows My Same Old Rating.
@  Rotor Head : (11 September 2014 - 06:20 AM) Remember, The 'e' In Ebennies Stands For Entertainment. :blink:
@  ssgtob1 : (11 September 2014 - 05:14 AM) Got Back In, No Change The Last 10 Times I Checked It :(
@  Notorious Kelly : (10 September 2014 - 07:45 PM) Ebenefits Is Back "up" (But I Can't Do Anything In It) ;)
@  carlie : (10 September 2014 - 05:14 PM) Good - They Should Be Helping The Vets In The Virgin Islands - They Should Be Helping All Vets That Can't Earn A Living Due To Something They Experienced On Active Duty.
@  lcurle : (10 September 2014 - 04:37 PM) I Saw On Va.gov That They Are Helping The Homeless Vets In The Us Virgin Islands....im In!
@  lcurle : (10 September 2014 - 04:35 PM) You Must Be A Patient Man To Check It Only Every 10 Minutes, I Hit F5 Every 3 Seconds!
@  ssgtob1 : (10 September 2014 - 12:45 PM) Ebenefits Is Down :( Now I Cant Check It Every 10 Minutes
@  Gastone : (10 September 2014 - 04:25 AM) Heads Up! The 2013 Cbo Report Big Savings By Taxing Comp And Eliminating Iu Past 65 Starting In 2015. Not A Done Deal, Yet! Yrs Of Age.
@  carlie : (09 September 2014 - 06:12 PM) Dereekbanks - No - That Does Not Mean You Were Denied. They Do Not Update Ebenefits On A Daily Basis.
@  dereekbanks : (09 September 2014 - 05:27 AM) Ebenefits Shows My Claim Closed Yesterday, But My Benefit Letter Looks The Same. Does That Mean I Was Denied?
@  dereekbanks : (09 September 2014 - 05:24 AM) Thanks For The Replies!

Photo

How To Sign-Up For Myhealthyvet And E-Benefits

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 MPsgt

MPsgt

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

I have PTSD & struggle with getting out, seeking help, and depression. One of the most important things that I did to "better" my situation was improve my contact with the VAMC. If you can use your computer to chat in these forums. Then you can use your computer to sign up for myhealthyvet. Myhealthyvet will allow you access to many things w/o needing to go to your local VAMC. Some of the most crucial are instant Prescription Refill sent straight to your mailbox. When you are ready for them. Secured e-mail Messaging between you and your Primary Care doctor. Instant access to past and future appoints at any VAMC. Access to your own lab results and eventually your own medical records.

Register @ myhealthyvet and gain basic access. Keeping in mind that you will eventually need to do an in-person authentication @ your VAMC. This is required to gain much of the access stated above. If you have a difficult time in approaching & talking with information at your VAMC. Take a wife, girlfriend, or battle buddy to assist you in this important matter. In my experience, I had to go to the library located @ the VAMC. They informed me on when and where to go. You'll need your VA card handy to register. Also, there should be a person there to walk you through the process. It is that simple.

After signing up and doing the in-person authentication for myhealthyvet @ your VAMC. You'll will be able to sign-up @ E-Benefits. E-benefits website is established by DOD in conjunction with the Department of Veteran Affairs. E-benefits will allow you access to file claims, check your monthly pay statements, official VA letterheads, the status of your pending claims, appeals, and transferring your educational benefits to your family if you qualify. There is to much more to discuss here. With that being said, get off your ass and get it done!

Advertise Here

#2 #1Cavtrooper

#1Cavtrooper

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

As a note, for my healthevet sign on, I viewed the video at home on the website, printed and filled out the form and took it to my outpatient clinic for authentication. You can also view the video at one of the kiosk located at the VAMC and outpatient clinics. My outpatient clinic just recently got the kiosk, but they've been at the VAMC for several months.

#3 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21831 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

Or you can call 800 827 1000 and they will help you over the phone. They actually have a call center to register for it

#4 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22133 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

I have PTSD & struggle with getting out, seeking help, and depression. One of the most important things that I did to "better" my situation was improve my contact with the VAMC. If you can use your computer to chat in these forums. Then you can use your computer to sign up for myhealthyvet. Myhealthyvet will allow you access to many things w/o needing to go to your local VAMC. Some of the most crucial are instant Prescription Refill sent straight to your mailbox. When you are ready for them. Secured e-mail Messaging between you and your Primary Care doctor. Instant access to past and future appoints at any VAMC. Access to your own lab results and eventually your own medical records.

Register @ myhealthyvet and gain basic access. Keeping in mind that you will eventually need to do an in-person authentication @ your VAMC. This is required to gain much of the access stated above. If you have a difficult time in approaching & talking with information at your VAMC. Take a wife, girlfriend, or battle buddy to assist you in this important matter. In my experience, I had to go to the library located @ the VAMC. They informed me on when and where to go. You'll need your VA card handy to register. Also, there should be a person there to walk you through the process. It is that simple.

After signing up and doing the in-person authentication for myhealthyvet @ your VAMC. You'll will be able to sign-up @ E-Benefits. E-benefits website is established by DOD in conjunction with the Department of Veteran Affairs. E-benefits will allow you access to file claims, check your monthly pay statements, official VA letterheads, the status of your pending claims, appeals, and transferring your educational benefits to your family if you qualify. There is to much more to discuss here. With that being said, get off your ass and get it done!

I'd like to add that the "Secured e-mail Messaging between you and your Primary Care doctor" is saved as a part
of your records.
All information is dependent on data entered by humans.
Quite a few of the available options on myhealthevet - are dependent on the veteran entering the information.
JMHO

Advertise Here