Search

Advertise Here

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Tbird : (22 October 2014 - 05:26 AM) Britton Sent You A Pm
@  britton : (21 October 2014 - 10:05 PM) Tbird, I Sent A Donation To Hadit Via Pay Pal...i Hope You Got It?
@  raven316 : (21 October 2014 - 01:59 PM) Glasses
@  iceturkee : (20 October 2014 - 06:50 AM) Good Luck Plum
@  Notorious Kelly : (19 October 2014 - 06:32 AM) I Wish You All The Best With That, Plum!
@  me.plum : (18 October 2014 - 01:09 PM) Hearing For Bva 11-19 At 8:30 Wow!!! Thanks Everyone!!!
@  Tbird : (18 October 2014 - 12:30 PM) Buckeye46 Thank For Contributing Our Fund Raiser
@  Notorious Kelly : (17 October 2014 - 02:11 PM) Impressive Site, Kimmy. I Bookmarked. Thanks! :)
@  Kimmy : (17 October 2014 - 08:31 AM) I Recently Discover The Site. It Is Very Detailed With Info On Conditions And Ratings.
@  Kimmy : (17 October 2014 - 08:28 AM) Has Anyone Here Been To This Site? Http://www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/
@  Tbird : (17 October 2014 - 08:06 AM) Snake Eyes Thank You For Remembering Us. Congratulations On Your Retro.
@  Snake Eyes : (16 October 2014 - 07:04 PM) Thinking Of Donating A Portion Of My Retro On Next Claim. Smaller Amount Coming Beginning Of November. Thanks For The Good Work!
@  britton : (13 October 2014 - 06:13 AM) Hi There T Bird Shout Backatcha
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 06:04 AM) Britton Ahoy There Matey Give You A Shout Out Back
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 06:00 AM) Thank You Michael M For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 05:57 AM) Thank You Elliot K For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  Timothy11 : (12 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) Retro Pay
@  britton : (12 October 2014 - 10:10 AM) Hey Everyone!!!......i Give A Shout!!!.......:)
@  Notorious Kelly : (11 October 2014 - 04:18 PM) Hey- There's Britton Right On Top Of The Dealy Bobber!
@  britton : (11 October 2014 - 08:47 AM) Hi Everyone! I Enjoy Reading This Site &please Remember M Fellow Veteran Brothers & Sisters Knowledge Is Power!

Photo
- - - - -

Ddd Claim Question, And Possible Appeal.

Appeals

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HSCM

HSCM

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 90%
  • Branch of Service: USCG

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:50 AM

Sleep apnea 50%"
Migraine headaches 30%
Hypothyroidism 30%.
Degenerative disc disease 20%
cervical spine, with right hand
parasthesias
Degenerative disc disease, 10%
thoracolumbar spine
Tinnitus 10%
Hypogonadism, 0%
infertility
An anxiety disorder 0%

On Appeal
Anxiety Disorder
Testis Atophy

Future Claim
GERD

Just got done finishing up a claim for hypothyroidism, and the VA in Provenience cranked it out in just over a month. This got me reviewing my VA records and my DDD of my cervical spine with parasthesias.

This is the quote from the letter:

It should also be noted that the examiner found evidence of right upper extremity
parasthesias; however, this condition does not warrant a separate compensable evaluation
because the evaluation cliteria for the spine takes into consideration radiating pain. In
addition, your motor and reflex examinations were normal. Further, your sensory
examination revealed normal vibration, position, and light touch sensation; however, there was decreased sensation to pinprick in your 4th and 5th fingers. These findings do
not warrant a separate compensable evaluation.

I am thinking of pursing a appeal for the right hand numbness. In my mind it my dominant hand and does cause issues and pain. What is the % range for this condition? I looked in VASRD, but didn’t really find anything. What would be the best away to apporach this appeal? or do I even have a case.

Advertise Here

#2 Philip Rogers

Philip Rogers

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3927 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 100
  • Branch of Service: US Army Airborne

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:34 AM

What's your goal?? Are you working?? I'm trying to figure out what you're doing/wanting?

pr

#3 HSCM

HSCM

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 90%
  • Branch of Service: USCG

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

Currently still working as a federal employee and not doing bad considering the various issues that I have. My first goal, is just to make the VA rate my disabilities like they are suppose to be rated. My second goal I am at 90% now with enough items on appeal where it I am getting close to 100%.

That would be nice to take care of the wife and kids for now, in the future and allow me to retire with out money concerns. I am not as disabiled as many members on this board, but stuff keeps popping up. The hypothyroidism creeped up after being retired 1.5 years. But my health record had labs to prove it started active.

#4 Guest_Glo_*GuestMember

Guest_Glo_*GuestMember
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

Just wondering what percent I would be getting for my MRI diagnoses:
- Thorac/LUMBOSACRAL neurtis/RADICULITIS unspecified
- degenerative disc disease lumbar spine
- Lumbar Disc Displacement

#5 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22175 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy researching and debate of claims for
    Clear and Unmistakable Error (C&UE).
  • Service Connected Disability: 100+
  • Branch of Service: USA

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

Just wondering what percent I would be getting for my MRI diagnoses:
- Thorac/LUMBOSACRAL neurtis/RADICULITIS unspecified
- degenerative disc disease lumbar spine
- Lumbar Disc Displacement

Glo,

Welcome - please start your question/s as a new topic.

Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Appeals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertise Here