Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  chuck57thSig : (30 October 2014 - 05:51 PM) Sarti07, It's Under (Va Claims And Research) Http://www.hadit.com/forums/topic/59064-Prep-For-Decision-Phaseprovisional-Rating/
@  sarti07 : (30 October 2014 - 02:43 PM) Hello, I Just Posted A Topic About Prep For Decision.. I Have No Idea Where To Find It! Lol
@  carlie : (28 October 2014 - 03:42 PM) Reelnrod - Just Pick A Topic That Corresponds To Your Stuff And Post It
@  reelnrod : (28 October 2014 - 10:11 AM) So, How Do I Post A Topic?
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:21 AM) Irrrl
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:18 AM) Fishing License
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:14 AM) Thadine Quick
@  red : (27 October 2014 - 12:14 PM) Anyone Heard Any Updates On Flying Space A For 100% Disabled Vets?
@  maxwell18 : (27 October 2014 - 10:49 AM) I Did Contact My Congressman Jeff Miller, Let's See What Will Happen
@  maxwell18 : (27 October 2014 - 10:48 AM) @britton
@  Tbird : (27 October 2014 - 04:26 AM) Thank You Larry S For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:33 PM) Everyone (Veteran's) Should Recive A Memo From The Dept Of Veterans Affairs ****notification Of Medication Scheduling Change****
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:24 PM) Meds That Are Consider To Be Schedule Ii Narcotic...pain Meds Like Hydrocodone Ectt Ect,,
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:22 PM) As I Understand We Only Can See The Va Dr's Every 28 Days To Renew Our Prescription Meds A New Law Went Into Effect Oct 6Th 2014....i Only See Problems Problems Problems With This...grrrrr
@  maxwell18 : (26 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) This Is Maxwell18 Would The Person Who Contacted Me (Vern2) Please Contact Me Again, I Attemped To E Mail You It Returned No Reply. Thanks
@  Tbird : (26 October 2014 - 05:12 AM) Thank You Maxwell18 For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign.
@  Notorious Kelly : (25 October 2014 - 07:53 PM) Max- Contact Your Congressman- Dea Has Got Docs So Cowed They're Afraid To Dispense Tylenol
@  maxwell18 : (25 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) Anybody Having Problems Getting Pain Pills (Norco) Filled Us Navy Base (Nas Whiting Fld Milton Fl). Had A Prescription For 90 Norco Pills For 30 Days, 3 A Day For Pain, Got 30 For 30 Days. That Will Last Me 10 Days. Another Thing That Our Government Is Screwing With Us. I Don't Know What To Do, Don't Want To To The Va, Don't Know What They Will Either. Anybody Goy Any Ideas. 
@  Burt : (25 October 2014 - 10:28 AM) Does Anyone Else Here Wear A Don Joy Armor Knee Brace From The Va?
@  red : (24 October 2014 - 10:10 AM) Any News On Space A Flying?

Photo
- - - - -

Ddd Claim Question, And Possible Appeal.

Appeals

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HSCM

HSCM

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 90%
  • Branch of Service: USCG

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:50 AM

Sleep apnea 50%"
Migraine headaches 30%
Hypothyroidism 30%.
Degenerative disc disease 20%
cervical spine, with right hand
parasthesias
Degenerative disc disease, 10%
thoracolumbar spine
Tinnitus 10%
Hypogonadism, 0%
infertility
An anxiety disorder 0%

On Appeal
Anxiety Disorder
Testis Atophy

Future Claim
GERD

Just got done finishing up a claim for hypothyroidism, and the VA in Provenience cranked it out in just over a month. This got me reviewing my VA records and my DDD of my cervical spine with parasthesias.

This is the quote from the letter:

It should also be noted that the examiner found evidence of right upper extremity
parasthesias; however, this condition does not warrant a separate compensable evaluation
because the evaluation cliteria for the spine takes into consideration radiating pain. In
addition, your motor and reflex examinations were normal. Further, your sensory
examination revealed normal vibration, position, and light touch sensation; however, there was decreased sensation to pinprick in your 4th and 5th fingers. These findings do
not warrant a separate compensable evaluation.

I am thinking of pursing a appeal for the right hand numbness. In my mind it my dominant hand and does cause issues and pain. What is the % range for this condition? I looked in VASRD, but didn’t really find anything. What would be the best away to apporach this appeal? or do I even have a case.

#2 Philip Rogers

Philip Rogers

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3935 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 100
  • Branch of Service: US Army Airborne

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:34 AM

What's your goal?? Are you working?? I'm trying to figure out what you're doing/wanting?

pr

#3 HSCM

HSCM

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 90%
  • Branch of Service: USCG

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

Currently still working as a federal employee and not doing bad considering the various issues that I have. My first goal, is just to make the VA rate my disabilities like they are suppose to be rated. My second goal I am at 90% now with enough items on appeal where it I am getting close to 100%.

That would be nice to take care of the wife and kids for now, in the future and allow me to retire with out money concerns. I am not as disabiled as many members on this board, but stuff keeps popping up. The hypothyroidism creeped up after being retired 1.5 years. But my health record had labs to prove it started active.

#4 Guest_Glo_*GuestMember

Guest_Glo_*GuestMember
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

Just wondering what percent I would be getting for my MRI diagnoses:
- Thorac/LUMBOSACRAL neurtis/RADICULITIS unspecified
- degenerative disc disease lumbar spine
- Lumbar Disc Displacement

#5 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22213 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy researching and debate of claims for
    Clear and Unmistakable Error (C&UE).
  • Service Connected Disability: 100+
  • Branch of Service: USA

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

Just wondering what percent I would be getting for my MRI diagnoses:
- Thorac/LUMBOSACRAL neurtis/RADICULITIS unspecified
- degenerative disc disease lumbar spine
- Lumbar Disc Displacement

Glo,

Welcome - please start your question/s as a new topic.

Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Appeals

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users