Search

Advertise Here

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  red : (30 September 2014 - 09:13 PM) Any Updates On Space A Flying For 100% P&t Vets?
@  red : (30 September 2014 - 09:09 PM) Space A Flying
@  vmo : (30 September 2014 - 07:23 PM) Sah
@  cragwex : (30 September 2014 - 06:35 AM) Decision & Claims File Dispatch And Pay
@  Tbird : (29 September 2014 - 05:45 PM) Dano Thanks For Your Contribution.
@  artlouis : (29 September 2014 - 04:07 PM) Nehmer Heart Transplant
@  vet201060 : (25 September 2014 - 11:28 PM) Reduced Va Disability Rating????
@  vet201060 : (25 September 2014 - 11:27 PM) Has Anyone Personally Been Reduced, Not Asking If You Know Some But If You Have Been Reduced
@  WVSERVER : (25 September 2014 - 12:16 PM) Test
@  lcurle : (22 September 2014 - 12:49 PM) Ebennies Is Down: Error Code [47]: The System Is Currently Unavailable. Please Try Again Later. If This Problem Continues, You May Contact The Dmdc Support Center (Dsc) At 800-477-8227 For Assistance.
@  Notorious Kelly : (21 September 2014 - 07:04 AM) Thanks, T, And Kudos To Kacy!
@  Tbird : (21 September 2014 - 12:48 AM) Forum Is Back Up And Running. We Lost Some Posts, But Were Able To Restore All The Posts To Sep 17. A Big Thank You To Member Kacy For Volunteering And Getting This Fixed.
@  raptorick : (20 September 2014 - 10:12 PM) Posts After The 17Th Are Missing
@  YellowGTO : (17 September 2014 - 01:37 PM) I Can See Reply's In My Email But When I Click The Link It Says "sorry, We Couldn't Find That!" Anyone Have Any Ideas?
@  cragwex : (15 September 2014 - 10:22 AM) Asking For T & P
@  NeverGiveUp : (14 September 2014 - 01:19 PM) Got Denial Letter From Va On Friday, Having Surgery For Hip This Friday Need Advice
@  Tbird : (13 September 2014 - 02:39 PM) Thank You Notorious
@  Notorious Kelly : (12 September 2014 - 02:52 PM) Happy To See The Donate Button For Hadit. No Pressure If You're Struggling But Give If You Can!
@  vet201060 : (11 September 2014 - 11:49 PM) Got The Dea Letter For Pain Killers Today. Interesting To See How This Actually Effects Us Getting Our Meds
@  bad@57 : (11 September 2014 - 07:07 PM) Hello Vets, Had A Very successful Bva Hearing August 20, 2014. Submitting Final Paperwork To Judge For Decision. Wish Me Luck As I Do All!

Photo
- - - - -

Writ Of Mandamus

question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 grent

grent

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

HI

CAN ANYONE IN THE FORUM SHOW ME WHAT THE HEADER LOOKS LIKE OR HOW TO JUST COPY OR TYPE UP A WRIT OF MANDAMUS

IS THEIR A LINK TO GO TO THAT SHOWS WHAT IT SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE?

IS IT EASEY TO DO??

SHOULD I SEND IT RETURN RECEIPT GREEN CARD

MEMORIAL DAY IS MONDAY?

THANKS

GT

Advertise Here

#2 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21841 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

You can find all you need here on Hadit about the Writ and you can always ask questions in the Forum'
'
'
http://www.hadit.com...sexample001.htm

#3 broncovet

broncovet

E-9 Master Chief Petty Officer

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3641 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

I can help as I filed a writ. Before you begin, file a Notice of Intent, something like this:

The Veteran, Joe Smity, hereby gives notice of intent to File a Writ of Mandamus demanding the VARO in City, State, act on the Veterans pending claims including TDIU, which has been delayed and not acted upon for at least 5 years 2 months. Some of the Veterans other claims, such as claims for ........., have also gone on for years without an appropriate decision from the VARO.
The Veteran's claim for increase in disability due ........., and TDIU were informally filed on a medical exam and ignored by the VARO decisions of date and date The Veteran charges that by ignoring these claims, the VARO not only committed CUE but “broke the promise” of the letter sent by the VARO on date of VCAA letter. In the said letter (Referenced by ), the VA promised on page 2..........

In a nutshell, give your reasons for filing a writ. Explain that you have tried repeatedly to resolve
the issue, but the RO has not taken appropriate action in .....years. An example of a reason for filing a writ is to compel
the RO to comply with regulations, when they have failed to do so.
IF you file an "Intent to file a Writ", the CAVC will likely order the RO to "answer" your writ. They did in my case. If you skip this, however, your writ may not accomplish its purpose to compel the RO to take action on your claim.

Edited by broncovet, 23 May 2012 - 12:34 PM.

#4 broncovet

broncovet

E-9 Master Chief Petty Officer

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3641 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

I will add that filing a writ will take time, and you have to pay $50 to file papers at the CAVC. You can ask for a waiver of these fees if you feel it is a hardship and explain why.

#5 grent

grent

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

I can help as I filed a writ. Before you begin, file a Notice of Intent, something like this:

The Veteran, Joe Smity, hereby gives notice of intent to File a Writ of Mandamus demanding the VARO in City, State, act on the Veterans pending claims including TDIU, which has been delayed and not acted upon for at least 5 years 2 months. Some of the Veterans other claims, such as claims for ........., have also gone on for years without an appropriate decision from the VARO.
The Veteran's claim for increase in disability due ........., and TDIU were informally filed on a medical exam and ignored by the VARO decisions of date and date The Veteran charges that by ignoring these claims, the VARO not only committed CUE but “broke the promise” of the letter sent by the VARO on date of VCAA letter. In the said letter (Referenced by ), the VA promised on page 2..........

In a nutshell, give your reasons for filing a writ. Explain that you have tried repeatedly to resolve
the issue, but the RO has not taken appropriate action in .....years. An example of a reason for filing a writ is to compel
IF you file an "Intent to file a Writ", the CAVC will likely order the RO to "answer" your writ. They did in my case. If you skip this, however, your writ may not accomplish its purpose to compel the RO to take action on your claim.

thank you
grent

You can find all you need here on Hadit about the Writ and you can always ask questions in the Forum'
'
'
http://www.hadit.com...sexample001.htm

thank you

grent

thank you

grent

Advertise Here