Search

Advertise Here

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Notorious Kelly : (19 October 2014 - 06:32 AM) I Wish You All The Best With That, Plum!
@  me.plum : (18 October 2014 - 01:09 PM) Hearing For Bva 11-19 At 8:30 Wow!!! Thanks Everyone!!!
@  Tbird : (18 October 2014 - 12:30 PM) Buckeye46 Thank For Contributing Our Fund Raiser
@  Notorious Kelly : (17 October 2014 - 02:11 PM) Impressive Site, Kimmy. I Bookmarked. Thanks! :)
@  Kimmy : (17 October 2014 - 08:31 AM) I Recently Discover The Site. It Is Very Detailed With Info On Conditions And Ratings.
@  Kimmy : (17 October 2014 - 08:28 AM) Has Anyone Here Been To This Site? Http://www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/
@  Tbird : (17 October 2014 - 08:06 AM) Snake Eyes Thank You For Remembering Us. Congratulations On Your Retro.
@  Snake Eyes : (16 October 2014 - 07:04 PM) Thinking Of Donating A Portion Of My Retro On Next Claim. Smaller Amount Coming Beginning Of November. Thanks For The Good Work!
@  britton : (13 October 2014 - 06:13 AM) Hi There T Bird Shout Backatcha
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 06:04 AM) Britton Ahoy There Matey Give You A Shout Out Back
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 06:00 AM) Thank You Michael M For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 05:57 AM) Thank You Elliot K For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  Timothy11 : (12 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) Retro Pay
@  britton : (12 October 2014 - 10:10 AM) Hey Everyone!!!......i Give A Shout!!!.......:)
@  Notorious Kelly : (11 October 2014 - 04:18 PM) Hey- There's Britton Right On Top Of The Dealy Bobber!
@  britton : (11 October 2014 - 08:47 AM) Hi Everyone! I Enjoy Reading This Site &please Remember M Fellow Veteran Brothers & Sisters Knowledge Is Power!
@  hmcquade : (10 October 2014 - 02:21 PM) @ari Have Ms
@  Tbird : (09 October 2014 - 01:13 PM) Raz Thank You For Your Helping Fund Hadit.com
@  Tbird : (08 October 2014 - 11:52 AM) Chuck75 Thank You For Your Funding
@  NavyWife : (07 October 2014 - 01:45 PM) @lcurle Do You Need Help With Your Ebenefits Password? Try Something Like Ke333&&&@

Photo
- - - - -

Writ Of Mandamus

question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 grent

grent

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

HI

CAN ANYONE IN THE FORUM SHOW ME WHAT THE HEADER LOOKS LIKE OR HOW TO JUST COPY OR TYPE UP A WRIT OF MANDAMUS

IS THEIR A LINK TO GO TO THAT SHOWS WHAT IT SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE?

IS IT EASEY TO DO??

SHOULD I SEND IT RETURN RECEIPT GREEN CARD

MEMORIAL DAY IS MONDAY?

THANKS

GT

Advertise Here

#2 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21864 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

You can find all you need here on Hadit about the Writ and you can always ask questions in the Forum'
'
'
http://www.hadit.com...sexample001.htm

#3 broncovet

broncovet

E-9 Master Chief Petty Officer

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

I can help as I filed a writ. Before you begin, file a Notice of Intent, something like this:

The Veteran, Joe Smity, hereby gives notice of intent to File a Writ of Mandamus demanding the VARO in City, State, act on the Veterans pending claims including TDIU, which has been delayed and not acted upon for at least 5 years 2 months. Some of the Veterans other claims, such as claims for ........., have also gone on for years without an appropriate decision from the VARO.
The Veteran's claim for increase in disability due ........., and TDIU were informally filed on a medical exam and ignored by the VARO decisions of date and date The Veteran charges that by ignoring these claims, the VARO not only committed CUE but “broke the promise” of the letter sent by the VARO on date of VCAA letter. In the said letter (Referenced by ), the VA promised on page 2..........

In a nutshell, give your reasons for filing a writ. Explain that you have tried repeatedly to resolve
the issue, but the RO has not taken appropriate action in .....years. An example of a reason for filing a writ is to compel
the RO to comply with regulations, when they have failed to do so.
IF you file an "Intent to file a Writ", the CAVC will likely order the RO to "answer" your writ. They did in my case. If you skip this, however, your writ may not accomplish its purpose to compel the RO to take action on your claim.

Edited by broncovet, 23 May 2012 - 12:34 PM.

#4 broncovet

broncovet

E-9 Master Chief Petty Officer

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

I will add that filing a writ will take time, and you have to pay $50 to file papers at the CAVC. You can ask for a waiver of these fees if you feel it is a hardship and explain why.

#5 grent

grent

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

I can help as I filed a writ. Before you begin, file a Notice of Intent, something like this:

The Veteran, Joe Smity, hereby gives notice of intent to File a Writ of Mandamus demanding the VARO in City, State, act on the Veterans pending claims including TDIU, which has been delayed and not acted upon for at least 5 years 2 months. Some of the Veterans other claims, such as claims for ........., have also gone on for years without an appropriate decision from the VARO.
The Veteran's claim for increase in disability due ........., and TDIU were informally filed on a medical exam and ignored by the VARO decisions of date and date The Veteran charges that by ignoring these claims, the VARO not only committed CUE but “broke the promise” of the letter sent by the VARO on date of VCAA letter. In the said letter (Referenced by ), the VA promised on page 2..........

In a nutshell, give your reasons for filing a writ. Explain that you have tried repeatedly to resolve
the issue, but the RO has not taken appropriate action in .....years. An example of a reason for filing a writ is to compel
IF you file an "Intent to file a Writ", the CAVC will likely order the RO to "answer" your writ. They did in my case. If you skip this, however, your writ may not accomplish its purpose to compel the RO to take action on your claim.

thank you
grent

You can find all you need here on Hadit about the Writ and you can always ask questions in the Forum'
'
'
http://www.hadit.com...sexample001.htm

thank you

grent

thank you

grent

Advertise Here