Search

Advertise Here

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Notorious Kelly : (19 October 2014 - 06:32 AM) I Wish You All The Best With That, Plum!
@  me.plum : (18 October 2014 - 01:09 PM) Hearing For Bva 11-19 At 8:30 Wow!!! Thanks Everyone!!!
@  Tbird : (18 October 2014 - 12:30 PM) Buckeye46 Thank For Contributing Our Fund Raiser
@  Notorious Kelly : (17 October 2014 - 02:11 PM) Impressive Site, Kimmy. I Bookmarked. Thanks! :)
@  Kimmy : (17 October 2014 - 08:31 AM) I Recently Discover The Site. It Is Very Detailed With Info On Conditions And Ratings.
@  Kimmy : (17 October 2014 - 08:28 AM) Has Anyone Here Been To This Site? Http://www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/
@  Tbird : (17 October 2014 - 08:06 AM) Snake Eyes Thank You For Remembering Us. Congratulations On Your Retro.
@  Snake Eyes : (16 October 2014 - 07:04 PM) Thinking Of Donating A Portion Of My Retro On Next Claim. Smaller Amount Coming Beginning Of November. Thanks For The Good Work!
@  britton : (13 October 2014 - 06:13 AM) Hi There T Bird Shout Backatcha
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 06:04 AM) Britton Ahoy There Matey Give You A Shout Out Back
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 06:00 AM) Thank You Michael M For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 05:57 AM) Thank You Elliot K For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  Timothy11 : (12 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) Retro Pay
@  britton : (12 October 2014 - 10:10 AM) Hey Everyone!!!......i Give A Shout!!!.......:)
@  Notorious Kelly : (11 October 2014 - 04:18 PM) Hey- There's Britton Right On Top Of The Dealy Bobber!
@  britton : (11 October 2014 - 08:47 AM) Hi Everyone! I Enjoy Reading This Site &please Remember M Fellow Veteran Brothers & Sisters Knowledge Is Power!
@  hmcquade : (10 October 2014 - 02:21 PM) @ari Have Ms
@  Tbird : (09 October 2014 - 01:13 PM) Raz Thank You For Your Helping Fund Hadit.com
@  Tbird : (08 October 2014 - 11:52 AM) Chuck75 Thank You For Your Funding
@  NavyWife : (07 October 2014 - 01:45 PM) @lcurle Do You Need Help With Your Ebenefits Password? Try Something Like Ke333&&&@

Photo

Aide & Attendance

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 roses15534

roses15534

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 100%
  • Branch of Service: USMC

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:07 PM

My father was approved for aide and attendance for 384.00 monthly on June 13 this year The VA received the paperwork on 31 may so 13 days for approval was fast we did everything you said on the site to do return receipt, letter requesting speedy approval we did it all thank you. In the packet that was sent to him it mentioned something about being able to claim going back a year as well anyone ever hear of this?And they sent the following forms
VA Form 21-0516-1
VA Form 21P-8416
VA Form 21-2680
VA Form 21-4138

These forms are what we just sent in to get his approval do we need to submit the same thing again or what? They would not be much different then what was already submitted. I guess the main concern is the doctors form the VA has been seeing him for a few months prior to the approval so should they fill it out again or should his previous doctor fill it out also would a witness statement form work as well from my sister who is his provider? What if the previous doctor will not fill it out? We only have 60 days to get this done according to the letter. He was also found incompetent for VA purposes so does my sister need to file to be his Fiduciary?

Advertise Here

#2 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21864 posts
  • Interests:My Family
  • Branch of Service: USA

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

Congrats and thanks for helping your Dad. If you have copies of those forms make them. If your sister has power of attorney make sure you give a copy to VARO and ask them to appoint her as fiduciary and for back pay as sent by the VA. They often use boiler plate notice to cover their butts and not helpful to Veterans.

Good Luck

#3 iceturkee

iceturkee

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:sports, music and electronics
  • Branch of Service: us army and us navy

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:20 AM

My father was approved for aide and attendance for 384.00 monthly on June 13 this year The VA received the paperwork on 31 may so 13 days for approval was fast we did everything you said on the site to do return receipt, letter requesting speedy approval we did it all thank you. In the packet that was sent to him it mentioned something about being able to claim going back a year as well anyone ever hear of this?And they sent the following forms
VA Form 21-0516-1
VA Form 21P-8416
VA Form 21-2680
VA Form 21-4138

These forms are what we just sent in to get his approval do we need to submit the same thing again or what? They would not be much different then what was already submitted. I guess the main concern is the doctors form the VA has been seeing him for a few months prior to the approval so should they fill it out again or should his previous doctor fill it out also would a witness statement form work as well from my sister who is his provider? What if the previous doctor will not fill it out? We only have 60 days to get this done according to the letter. He was also found incompetent for VA purposes so does my sister need to file to be his Fiduciary?

that monetary figure doesn't sound correct. was it for pension or compensation? i received a&a with my pension and my increase was more than $384.00. i am currently awaiting a decision for a&a with my disability compensation. thanks.

#4 roses15534

roses15534

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:50 AM

it was for pension it didnt sound right to me either but what do we do now we are now waiting for retro decision for a year prior? I understand it goes off your income and bank accounts but they dont have much mom and dad draw social security and dad has a small pension of around 150.00 a month and maybe 8-10k in the bank.

#5 roses15534

roses15534

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:46 AM

also would he qualify for no copay meds?

#6 broncovet

broncovet

E-9 Master Chief Petty Officer

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 100
  • Branch of Service: USN

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:04 AM

To get "no copay"/low copay meds you need to go to your VAMC where they will fill out a annual needs form and they will ask you questions about income. I think you get no copay whenever the Veteran is rated 50% or higher, without a "needs" check. You would also need to get meds at the VA. I am unaware of the VA paying any portion of the copayment on meds except those you get from the VAMC.

#7 Elie

Elie

E-2 Recruit

• New User Review
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: None
  • Branch of Service: None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:54 AM

Find blank and fillable VA form 21 4138 forms at PDFfiller.
http://goo.gl/8Mm9cD
You can fill the text fields, add a variety of checkmarks, digitally sign the form and even add pictures. After your pdf form is completed, it can be printed, emailed, faxed or saved on your computer. You can even send fillable pdf forms to your customers, employees, vendors and partners.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertise Here