Advertise Here

Photo
- - - - -

May Have Finally Gotten My Answer

ptsd

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Papa

Papa

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

Back in 9-10, I got a notice of an appointment from QTC for a PTSD re-examination for 10-6-10. So, of course I went. I got a copy of the report, but to this date have never heard from the VA. I have talked to several people regarding it, but of course I always got the run around. They could see the notification, and the Doctor's report, but could not see why the VA had me do the examine.

Well, today I went over to the Frank Tejeda Veteran's Clinic. They have a Benefits Office upstairs. I had to wait for the Supervisor since he was the only person that was authorized to handle sensitive seven. I told him what I was there for, and he said maybe it was part of an IU claim. Told him I was denied IU at the time because I did not qualify because I did not meet the percentage criteria. He kept banging away on the computer, and said here it is, it is part of an IU claim, and we can seperate it from the IU claim, but we need to get medical releases. I was nice. I did not curse. I did not slap the crap out of him. I knew he just wanted me out of his office.

When I got home, a light shone and the heavens opened up. Call the QTC number at the bottom of the appointment notification. It was a long shot, but so is life. The QTC Lady was very helpful, she said the reason for my second examine was that the VA had received a letter or some sort of notification that I thought my PTSD was getting worse, and they wanted to have it re-evaluated.

19 months laying on a desk in Houston, and I do not believe anyone has l.ooked at it. The House Committee are not the only ones that are pissed.

Papa

Advertise Here

#2 SP4RVN1971

SP4RVN1971

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

He kept banging away on the computer, and said here it is, it is part of an IU claim, and we can seperate it from the IU claim, but we need to get medical releases. I was nice. I did not curse. I did not slap the crap out of him. I knew he just wanted me out of his office.

Papa, if they gave me a dime for every medical release form that I send them. I would be rich!

Advertise Here