Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  chuck57thSig : (30 October 2014 - 05:51 PM) Sarti07, It's Under (Va Claims And Research) Http://www.hadit.com/forums/topic/59064-Prep-For-Decision-Phaseprovisional-Rating/
@  sarti07 : (30 October 2014 - 02:43 PM) Hello, I Just Posted A Topic About Prep For Decision.. I Have No Idea Where To Find It! Lol
@  carlie : (28 October 2014 - 03:42 PM) Reelnrod - Just Pick A Topic That Corresponds To Your Stuff And Post It
@  reelnrod : (28 October 2014 - 10:11 AM) So, How Do I Post A Topic?
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:21 AM) Irrrl
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:18 AM) Fishing License
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:14 AM) Thadine Quick
@  red : (27 October 2014 - 12:14 PM) Anyone Heard Any Updates On Flying Space A For 100% Disabled Vets?
@  maxwell18 : (27 October 2014 - 10:49 AM) I Did Contact My Congressman Jeff Miller, Let's See What Will Happen
@  maxwell18 : (27 October 2014 - 10:48 AM) @britton
@  Tbird : (27 October 2014 - 04:26 AM) Thank You Larry S For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:33 PM) Everyone (Veteran's) Should Recive A Memo From The Dept Of Veterans Affairs ****notification Of Medication Scheduling Change****
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:24 PM) Meds That Are Consider To Be Schedule Ii Narcotic...pain Meds Like Hydrocodone Ectt Ect,,
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:22 PM) As I Understand We Only Can See The Va Dr's Every 28 Days To Renew Our Prescription Meds A New Law Went Into Effect Oct 6Th 2014....i Only See Problems Problems Problems With This...grrrrr
@  maxwell18 : (26 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) This Is Maxwell18 Would The Person Who Contacted Me (Vern2) Please Contact Me Again, I Attemped To E Mail You It Returned No Reply. Thanks
@  Tbird : (26 October 2014 - 05:12 AM) Thank You Maxwell18 For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign.
@  Notorious Kelly : (25 October 2014 - 07:53 PM) Max- Contact Your Congressman- Dea Has Got Docs So Cowed They're Afraid To Dispense Tylenol
@  maxwell18 : (25 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) Anybody Having Problems Getting Pain Pills (Norco) Filled Us Navy Base (Nas Whiting Fld Milton Fl). Had A Prescription For 90 Norco Pills For 30 Days, 3 A Day For Pain, Got 30 For 30 Days. That Will Last Me 10 Days. Another Thing That Our Government Is Screwing With Us. I Don't Know What To Do, Don't Want To To The Va, Don't Know What They Will Either. Anybody Goy Any Ideas. 
@  Burt : (25 October 2014 - 10:28 AM) Does Anyone Else Here Wear A Don Joy Armor Knee Brace From The Va?
@  red : (24 October 2014 - 10:10 AM) Any News On Space A Flying?

Photo
- - - - -

How Do I Get Sensitive Seven Removed?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Papa

Papa

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

I knew better, but did it anyways, I called the 1-800 Peggy number one day last week, and had to set up an appointment for a call back for to day. Well they called, and saw that I was Sensitive Seven, and told me that they would need to transfer the call. The next thing I hear is, "If you would like to make a call". I was so pissed. The only reason that I am sensitive 7 is that in 1979 I worked for 2 month filing xray films at the VA Hospital. How can we expect them to handle our claims, appeals and other issues when they are not capable of transferring a simple phone call. So, how can I get the sensitive seven removed, but then wouldn't I just get the person incapable of transferring a phone call. Maybe, I should just stop calling the 1-800#.

Papa

#2 SP4RVN1971

SP4RVN1971

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

I knew better, but did it anyways, I called the 1-800 Peggy number one day last week, and had to set up an appointment for a call back for to day. Well they called, and saw that I was Sensitive Seven, and told me that they would need to transfer the call. The next thing I hear is, "If you would like to make a call". I was so pissed. The only reason that I am sensitive 7 is that in 1979 I worked for 2 month filing xray films at the VA Hospital. How can we expect them to handle our claims, appeals and other issues when they are not capable of transferring a simple phone call. So, how can I get the sensitive seven removed, but then wouldn't I just get the person incapable of transferring a phone call. Maybe, I should just stop calling the 1-800#.

Papa

Papa, God bless you against this MONSTER! Keep trying and never give UP!

#3 JT24usn

JT24usn

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

Sensitive 7 is not just for employees and prior employees, but also for private attorneys ( recognized by VA) with fee agreements. There are only certain people at 1 800 number that can access sensitive 7

#4 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22213 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:33 PM

I knew better, but did it anyways, I called the 1-800 Peggy number one day last week, and had to set up an appointment for a call back for to day.
Papa - You know better than to do this. I would send you a cyber smack . . . . . .
but I know that you have already kicke yourself - for even making the call : - )

Well they called, and saw that I was Sensitive Seven, and told me that they would need to transfer the call. The next thing I hear is, "If you would like to make a call". I was so pissed. The only reason that I am sensitive 7 is that in 1979 I worked for 2 month filing xray films at the VA Hospital.
How can we expect them to handle our claims, appeals and other issues when they are not capable of transferring a simple phone call. So, how can I get the sensitive seven removed, but then wouldn't I just get the person incapable of transferring a phone call. Maybe, I should just stop calling the 1-800#.
Don't sweat the sensitive 7 mess - it does no harm to you or your claim.

Every-time you start to crack . . . and call the 800 # - - -
Just extend one arm - then bend it at your elbow - - - and smack the crap out of yourself.

You will pretty much, have the same results of making the call - BUT -
you saved the step's of dialing and waiting on hold for about 30-45 minutes to find out
absolutely nothing !

Hope I gave you a little smile.
carlie

Papa

#5 Papa

Papa

• 903 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:14 PM

Thanks Carlie. Have not smiled for awhile.

Papa

#6 broncovet

broncovet

E-9 Master Chief Petty Officer

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3676 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

Great idea Carlie. Only problem is the "smack" you get when you DO call the 800 number hurts longer and keeps on hurting. When you smack yourself, (instead of calling the 800 number) the pain will go away in about 10 minutes or so.

I think the VA wants us to start "smacking" each other so they dont have to take as many calls, as it is hard to smack yourself very hard.

#7 broncovet

broncovet

E-9 Master Chief Petty Officer

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • 3676 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:49 AM

Papa
I would humbly suggest you ask your prime care doc to remove it, that is, if you have a good rapport with your prime care doc. You can tell the doc it (having sensitive 7) is an invasion of your privacy and you would like it removed.

I think, the idea is that they put that on there if you have something "sensitive" in your record...oh maybe MST, or something private, or the like.
If it were the doc who put this on, then the doc should be able to remove it.

#8 Papa

Papa

• 903 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

This has nothing to do with medical, but the fact that I worked flor the VA for 2 months in 1979 under a Summer College Program. A VA Employee at the Benefits Center here in San Antonio said that I should been taken off years ago, and he would see about getting it removed. I have started to hold my breath.

Papa

#9 Philip Rogers

Philip Rogers

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 3935 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

Actually a sensitive seven is a good thing, as it protects you from having the average VA bozo work on your claim as they have to be sure everything is done properly!! jmo

pr

#10 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22213 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

Papa
I would humbly suggest you ask your prime care doc to remove it, that is, if you have a good rapport with your prime care doc. You can tell the doc it (having sensitive 7) is an invasion of your privacy and you would like it removed.

I think, the idea is that they put that on there if you have something "sensitive" in your record...oh maybe MST, or something private, or the like.
If it were the doc who put this on, then the doc should be able to remove it.

Sensitive 7 comes from the VARO - not the VAMC or one of it's providers.
It has NOTHING to do with MST or what's containde in the medical records themselves.

#11 JT24usn

JT24usn

E-7 Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:57 PM

Sensitive 7 is not just for employees and prior employees, but also for private attorneys ( recognized by VA) with fee agreements. There are only certain people at 1 800 number that can access sensitive 7

Ditto to Carlie.

#12 Papa

Papa

• 903 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:19 PM

Honestly, the only problem is that it is the person that first answers the phone and realizes I'm sensitive 7 is incapable of transferring phone calls. If, I could find a way to talk directly to a person with sensitive seven classification... I'm dreaming!! SMACK

Papa

#13 Philip Rogers

Philip Rogers

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 3935 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:14 AM

Honestly, the only problem is that it is the person that first answers the phone and realizes I'm sensitive 7 is incapable of transferring phone calls. If, I could find a way to talk directly to a person with sensitive seven classification... I'm dreaming!! SMACK

Papa

Ask to speak to the VSC manager.

pr