Search

Help fund HadIt.com. Please note HadIt.com is NOT a non-profit, there is no tax deduction for helping to fund HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC

We have been very lucky since 1997 in being able to fund the site from advertising and my own pocket. Unfortunately my pockets are empty and revenue for the site is down. So if you want to help keep the site funded please use the button below and help fund the site.

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  lcurle : (22 September 2014 - 12:49 PM) Ebennies Is Down: Error Code [47]: The System Is Currently Unavailable. Please Try Again Later. If This Problem Continues, You May Contact The Dmdc Support Center (Dsc) At 800-477-8227 For Assistance.
@  Notorious Kelly : (21 September 2014 - 07:04 AM) Thanks, T, And Kudos To Kacy!
@  Tbird : (21 September 2014 - 12:48 AM) Forum Is Back Up And Running. We Lost Some Posts, But Were Able To Restore All The Posts To Sep 17. A Big Thank You To Member Kacy For Volunteering And Getting This Fixed.
@  raptorick : (20 September 2014 - 10:12 PM) Posts After The 17Th Are Missing
@  YellowGTO : (17 September 2014 - 01:37 PM) I Can See Reply's In My Email But When I Click The Link It Says "sorry, We Couldn't Find That!" Anyone Have Any Ideas?
@  cragwex : (15 September 2014 - 10:22 AM) Asking For T & P
@  NeverGiveUp : (14 September 2014 - 01:19 PM) Got Denial Letter From Va On Friday, Having Surgery For Hip This Friday Need Advice
@  Tbird : (13 September 2014 - 02:39 PM) Thank You Notorious
@  Notorious Kelly : (12 September 2014 - 02:52 PM) Happy To See The Donate Button For Hadit. No Pressure If You're Struggling But Give If You Can!
@  vet201060 : (11 September 2014 - 11:49 PM) Got The Dea Letter For Pain Killers Today. Interesting To See How This Actually Effects Us Getting Our Meds
@  bad@57 : (11 September 2014 - 07:07 PM) Hello Vets, Had A Very successful Bva Hearing August 20, 2014. Submitting Final Paperwork To Judge For Decision. Wish Me Luck As I Do All!
@  dereekbanks : (11 September 2014 - 12:49 PM) Still No Letter In The Mail, But I Think I Was Denied. Feeling Depressed!
@  dereekbanks : (11 September 2014 - 12:48 PM) Claim Closed On The 8Th, Its 3 Days Later And Ebenefits Still Shows My Same Old Rating.
@  Rotor Head : (11 September 2014 - 06:20 AM) Remember, The 'e' In Ebennies Stands For Entertainment. :blink:
@  ssgtob1 : (11 September 2014 - 05:14 AM) Got Back In, No Change The Last 10 Times I Checked It :(
@  Notorious Kelly : (10 September 2014 - 07:45 PM) Ebenefits Is Back "up" (But I Can't Do Anything In It) ;)
@  carlie : (10 September 2014 - 05:14 PM) Good - They Should Be Helping The Vets In The Virgin Islands - They Should Be Helping All Vets That Can't Earn A Living Due To Something They Experienced On Active Duty.
@  lcurle : (10 September 2014 - 04:37 PM) I Saw On Va.gov That They Are Helping The Homeless Vets In The Us Virgin Islands....im In!
@  lcurle : (10 September 2014 - 04:35 PM) You Must Be A Patient Man To Check It Only Every 10 Minutes, I Hit F5 Every 3 Seconds!
@  ssgtob1 : (10 September 2014 - 12:45 PM) Ebenefits Is Down :( Now I Cant Check It Every 10 Minutes

Photo
- - - - -

C/p Exam In A Few Days

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 #1Cavtrooper

#1Cavtrooper

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

I am anxious about my upcoming C/P exam on Friday July 20, 2012 in Sugarland, Tx. I want the doctor to see me at my worst after I drive the 125 miles and navigate traffic through Houston. It probably encompass a better portion of the day....... Sigh :(

Advertise Here

#2 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22141 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:21 AM

I am anxious about my upcoming C/P exam on Friday July 20, 2012 in Sugarland, Tx. I want the doctor to see me at my worst after I drive the 125 miles and navigate traffic through Houston. It probably encompass a better portion of the day....... Sigh :(

What issues is/are the C&P for?
Have you looked over the exam work sheets or the DBQ's, for increase
in your current evaluation or IU criteria?

#3 #1Cavtrooper

#1Cavtrooper

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

@Carlie... Per my conversation with a lady from Qtc my exam is for a combination of arthritis, Ptsd, Major Depression, Panic Disorder, Anxiety, Alcohol Abuse in remission, Cervical Spine, Back and Headaches. For some reason the Varo added Arthritis as it was not one of my contentions. On this initial claim, I was awarded 70% Ptsd and 20 % for Right Shoulder. Headaches, Cervical Spine, Back and Tdiu were deferred. I did download copies of DBQ's for Arthritis, Cervical Spine, Back and Headaches. P.S. Check your pm....

#4 Notorious Kelly

Notorious Kelly

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1173 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:20 AM

trooper,

Just be honest about how all of these issues affect you and don't try to pad anything.

You might write down important points that you don't want to forget i.e. how each condition affects your ability to work, side effects of medications, etc.

Don't be surprised or disappointed if you aren't allowed to "state your case" to the C & p doc; they have their own agenda and are not the judge who decides your case.

Your claim is won or lost on the written evidence submitted - C & P's only being part of that.

So, ensure your ducks are in a row with evidence and don't worry too much about the C & P.

Let us know how it goes! Posted Image

#5 #1Cavtrooper

#1Cavtrooper

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

@Notorious Kelly .... Thank you for the helpful advice and encouragement!

#6 JON

JON

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

When I filed my claims, especially TDIU, I had fellow employees and wife (they could see the effects of my condition) submit letters to VA. Remember, they will probably ask something like "how are you" or something. Don't tell them you're fine (as in a normal conversation with friends). Like trooper says be honest and tell them "the drive up here stressed me to tears" or sitting all the distance here was painful". They will make note of anything positive you say about how you feel. Don't lie, but tell them how you really feel. Think about the worst days you have had and tell them about it. Good luck.

#7 #1Cavtrooper

#1Cavtrooper

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

Thanks for info Jon. Well, here's an update.... When I got home today from appointment at my local Va outpatient clinic, I had in my mailbox ANOTHER Qtc exam notification! This one is scheduled for July 30, 2012 with the same psychologist that did the Qtc exam for Ptsd etc. on Nov. 1, 2011 that got me 70% (of my 80% total rating. On the letter Va is asking for an "opinion" I guess for the Tdiu on the psychiatric conditions in my previous post and occupational assessment. The C/P exam tomorrow will be done by a Doctor specializing in Internal Medicine for my exam for Arthritis, Back, Cervical Spine, and Headaches. It appears Houston Varo is following up very quickly to expedite this initial claim and for that I am fortunate (thank the Lord above) and grateful.

Edited by #1Cavtrooper, 19 July 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#8 Sergent Emmons

Sergent Emmons

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

the best response i have heard on the "how you are doing ? is this.

I must not be doing to well if I am here, I have bills piling up and I havent slept well since I got this appointment

this is exactly what I said and is exactly how I felt

#9 carlie

carlie

• Admin
  • 22141 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

the best response i have heard on the "how you are doing ? is this.

I must not be doing to well if I am here, I have bills piling up and I havent slept well since I got this appointment

this is exactly what I said and is exactly how I felt

Since it does not factor into claims adjudication, I personally would
not mention " I have bills piling up".
JMHO

#10 SP4RVN1971

SP4RVN1971

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

@Carlie... Per my conversation with a lady from Qtc my exam is for a combination of arthritis, Ptsd, Major Depression, Panic Disorder, Anxiety, Alcohol Abuse in remission, Cervical Spine, Back and Headaches. For some reason the Varo added Arthritis as it was not one of my contentions. On this initial claim, I was awarded 70% Ptsd and 20 % for Right Shoulder. Headaches, Cervical Spine, Back and Tdiu were deferred. I did download copies of DBQ's for Arthritis, Cervical Spine, Back and Headaches. P.S. Check your pm....

Good luck, I hope the best!

God bless and safe trip!

#11 carlie

carlie

• Admin
  • 22141 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

cav,
You will do just fine - breathe . . .

#12 Sergent Emmons

Sergent Emmons

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:36 AM

Since it does not factor into claims adjudication, I personally would
not mention " I have bills piling up".
JMHO

I what was saying, is be honest...I do have bills pilliing up if he doesn't then don't say it, That applied to me but just giving an example of aresponse is all.

#13 JON

JON

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:24 AM

Good luck. My TDIU (in Boise Idaho) went fast-maybe about 4 weeks. Also, after your exams, go to the release of information desk and ask for all medical info for the day of you exam to be released. Be sure to specifically ask for the com and pen exam notes. I have always been given these notes which I have kept for other filing purposes like Social Security disability etc. They have never hassled me about getting the C&P exam result. Of course they will probably insist they have to mail them to you as they won't stop work to pull your records. That's ok. Just so you get it. You will find this info will help you in other things you apply for. Good luck. Stay calm-breath deep!!!!

#14 #1Cavtrooper

#1Cavtrooper

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

Well here I am back after my C&P exam for my lower back, cervical spine and headaches, which were deferred at my initial exam including Tdiu. I emerged from the exam relatively unscaithed. I have another exam on July 30, 2012 with the psycgologist for possible increase and/or Tdiu. This exam is with the same Doctor that examined me for Ptsd etc. Here's hoping for some closure with this initial exam.

#15 #1Cavtrooper

#1Cavtrooper

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

Just an update....... I had my QTC C/P mental health exam yesterday July 30, 2012 for a possible increase and or IU or hopefully 100% schedular P/T (I am aiming high). The exam went relatively well with questions from the DBQ (Disability Benefits Questionnaire). I also was able to submit progress notes from my treating psychologist and a letter from my former treating psychiatrist. I am now waiting on enough time to lapse to be able to get copies of my QTC exam from my July 20, 2012 examdnd then notes from this one. Posted Image

Edited by #1Cavtrooper, 31 July 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#16 #1Cavtrooper

#1Cavtrooper

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

I have a physical therapy appointment on Aug 22, 2012. After this early appt. I hope that I will be able to pick up copies of my latest C&P exams. I am not able to down load any letters because of deferred issues. The anticipation and stress was somewhat alleviated when I was awarded in May but has returned.

#17 carlie

carlie

• Admin
  • 22141 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:21 AM

I have a physical therapy appointment on Aug 22, 2012. After this early appt. I hope that I will be able to pick up copies of my latest C&P exams. I am not able to down load any letters because of deferred issues. The anticipation and stress was somewhat alleviated when I was awarded in May but has returned.

Cav,
Try to throw off the stress however you can.
Hang in there.

Advertise Here