Search

Advertise Here

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  iceturkee : (20 October 2014 - 06:50 AM) Good Luck Plum
@  Notorious Kelly : (19 October 2014 - 06:32 AM) I Wish You All The Best With That, Plum!
@  me.plum : (18 October 2014 - 01:09 PM) Hearing For Bva 11-19 At 8:30 Wow!!! Thanks Everyone!!!
@  Tbird : (18 October 2014 - 12:30 PM) Buckeye46 Thank For Contributing Our Fund Raiser
@  Notorious Kelly : (17 October 2014 - 02:11 PM) Impressive Site, Kimmy. I Bookmarked. Thanks! :)
@  Kimmy : (17 October 2014 - 08:31 AM) I Recently Discover The Site. It Is Very Detailed With Info On Conditions And Ratings.
@  Kimmy : (17 October 2014 - 08:28 AM) Has Anyone Here Been To This Site? Http://www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/
@  Tbird : (17 October 2014 - 08:06 AM) Snake Eyes Thank You For Remembering Us. Congratulations On Your Retro.
@  Snake Eyes : (16 October 2014 - 07:04 PM) Thinking Of Donating A Portion Of My Retro On Next Claim. Smaller Amount Coming Beginning Of November. Thanks For The Good Work!
@  britton : (13 October 2014 - 06:13 AM) Hi There T Bird Shout Backatcha
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 06:04 AM) Britton Ahoy There Matey Give You A Shout Out Back
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 06:00 AM) Thank You Michael M For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 05:57 AM) Thank You Elliot K For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  Timothy11 : (12 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) Retro Pay
@  britton : (12 October 2014 - 10:10 AM) Hey Everyone!!!......i Give A Shout!!!.......:)
@  Notorious Kelly : (11 October 2014 - 04:18 PM) Hey- There's Britton Right On Top Of The Dealy Bobber!
@  britton : (11 October 2014 - 08:47 AM) Hi Everyone! I Enjoy Reading This Site &please Remember M Fellow Veteran Brothers & Sisters Knowledge Is Power!
@  hmcquade : (10 October 2014 - 02:21 PM) @ari Have Ms
@  Tbird : (09 October 2014 - 01:13 PM) Raz Thank You For Your Helping Fund Hadit.com
@  Tbird : (08 October 2014 - 11:52 AM) Chuck75 Thank You For Your Funding

Photo
- - - - -

What To Do Once Rated At 100%

100%

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 GoldDvlDog

GoldDvlDog

E-3 Seaman

• Third Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

Just got a letter from vso stating they just reviewed my claim that is pending notificaton. And the va took favorable actions on my claim and a combined rating of 100% has been assigned. I was given a differed rating of 30% in 2011, so now I need to get the ball anrolling as of what benefits I get because my wife is currently in the hoapital. My questions are as fallows...
1. Do I get insurance for dependants and how do I start it?
2. Is there any special benefits for 100%?
3. Any stipulations regarding still working? I've looked and I get mixed responses..
4. Do I still pay co-pays on va meds and apps?
5. Pretty much what do I do now lol I'm 29 and have multiple sclerosis and I don't know any local vet friends that are 100% to talk about what's next

Advertise Here

#2 silke

silke

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:18 AM

Congratulations

1. In order to get CHAMPVA (med insurance for your dependents) your condition must be considered permanent in nature. When you get your award letter they will tell you if you are eligible and include all the paperwork.

2. You can get a military ID to use the commissary, bx/px, mwr. Dental care. Many states also offer benefits such as property tax exemption, car tags, etc.

3. You cannot work if your rated for a mental disorder. Otherwise you are free too. Educational benefits are available as well if that is something you are interested in.

4. No, and if you owe for any co-pays or meds from the past, those will be dropped.

5. I do not know how severe your disablity is, but if your able to, you should consider working or going back to school, even if its just part time. You are still young and sitting around the house for decades is gonna drive you nuts eventually. At the very least, find some hobbies to keep your mind occupied.

....Im sure others will chime in with more info....Thank your for your service!!!

#3 GoldDvlDog

GoldDvlDog

E-3 Seaman

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

Thank you for the info. Unfortunately due to memory problems basically I can't retain anything new as far as education goes. I can't even hold a convo without repeating my self cause I forgot I just told the person the same thing 2 min ago. Stuff comes out but nothing new stays in :(. As far as severity I use a Cain for short periods of walking but for like stores or going to the park with my baby I have to use a scooter the va issued me cause I can't stand for long periods. As far as work I'm not Sure my last employer saw me as a liability but as a political favor for one of my in laws they kept me hired until this claim is final :) thankfully lol. I have lost the lateral gaze on left and right sides all I get is diploma due to sixth nerve palsy and optic neuritous scaring... Diplopia not

Edited by GoldDvlDog, 22 July 2012 - 11:58 AM.

#4 SP4RVN1971

SP4RVN1971

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

GolddvlDog, is it combined rating 100% or they giving you P&T 100%?

1. Do I get insurance for dependants and how do I start it? No if it is combined rating

2. Is there any special benefits for 100%? Yes you pay no co-pay at VA.

3. Any stipulations regarding still working? I've looked and I get mixed responses..You can continue to work full time!

4. Do I still pay co-pays on va meds and apps? No co-pay

5 Pretty much what do I do now lol I'm 29 and have multiple sclerosis and I don't know any local vet friends that are 100% to talk about what's next. You can find a local VFW or go to the VA hospital and talk to VSO or call the 1-800 number

Sorry for your family health conditions. Your dependants cannot get ChampVA until 100%P&T. If it is P&T you will be able to go back until the date you filed.

#5 GoldDvlDog

GoldDvlDog

E-3 Seaman

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

Not Sure yet letter from day just said combined but after looking on the internet I found that multiple sclerosis is considered p&t. So I'm guessing p&t. I saw other vets with combined 100% and got pt

#6 SP4RVN1971

SP4RVN1971

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

Not Sure yet letter from day just said combined but after looking on the internet I found that multiple sclerosis is considered p&t. So I'm guessing p&t. I saw other vets with combined 100% and got pt

That would be great your family for insurance, car tags, and many more thing.

God bless and good luck.

#7 GoldDvlDog

GoldDvlDog

E-3 Seaman

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

Thank you

#8 Commander Bob

Commander Bob

E-9 Master Chief Petty Officer

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1616 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

Just got a letter from vso stating they just reviewed my claim that is pending notificaton. And the va took favorable actions on my claim and a combined rating of 100% has been assigned. I was given a differed rating of 30% in 2011, so now I need to get the ball anrolling as of what benefits I get because my wife is currently in the hoapital. My questions are as fallows...
1. Do I get insurance for dependants and how do I start it?
2. Is there any special benefits for 100%?
3. Any stipulations regarding still working? I've looked and I get mixed responses..
4. Do I still pay co-pays on va meds and apps?
5. Pretty much what do I do now lol I'm 29 and have multiple sclerosis and I don't know any local vet friends that are 100% to talk about what's next

Greetings 'GoldDvlDog'...

My most positive thoughts are with you.

Bob

#9 midnight340

midnight340

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

I am happy for you as well. Make the most of your time, and enjoy the life around you.
(we all need to remember this!!)
and Congrats to you!

#10 Gulfvet45

Gulfvet45

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

you do need to go to billing and have them give you back the money you paid in the co-pay.

#11 GoldDvlDog

GoldDvlDog

E-3 Seaman

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:58 PM

Found more info about new rating... Says my claims are considered total and permanent, and I think I also got some smc or something. Because I'm getting $3714 any ideas? Also they said they sent me a dwvelopent letter what's that mean? And do I get insurance for dependants now? And can I work

#12 Notorious Kelly

Notorious Kelly

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1216 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:09 AM

Bravo, Dog! Posted Image

As mentioned, check your state benefits http://www.military....-directory.html and get your National Park pass http://store.usgs.gov/pass/access.html

#13 Berta

Berta

HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• SVR
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28814 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:35 AM

With 100 % P & T your dependents will qualify for CHAMPVA.

They will need to make application for this benefit and CHAMPVA has the application and more info at their web site.

Also they will be eligible for DEA educational benefits and those applications might be enclosed with the decision.

Both the CHAMPVA and DEA could possibly be retro to your 100% P & T EED if your dependents incurred either out of pocket medical or educational expenses (meaning tuition paid to a VA approved college) after the formal EED the VA gave you.

We have had SVR radio shows here with both an Insurance expert from VA as well as a CHAMPVA expert that are available in the SVR archives.

#14 Fco75th25div

Fco75th25div

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

Great news ! P & T means you can't and r unable to work... Enjoy life myfriend.. If they find you working there will be a fraud investigation
then u will have a warden telling U to work... Sir... you are at the Top of the line don't play with this !!!

Advertise Here