Advertise Here

Photo
- - - - -

Request For C&p Copy Goes Unanswered.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 fiasco007

fiasco007

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

Quick break down of situation.

currently active duty being med boarded. I had my C&P exam early Feb this year in Sacramento. At this appointment, I was told by my Dr that I could request the a copy of the exam, and they would have it for me before I left. I live in Guam, so its not like I can go back anytime. The guy at the counter gave me some excuse as to why he couldnt give it to me then, so we agreed that he would mail it to me, and should be anywhere from 2-4 weeks before I get it. Ok, this is no big deal, but this is back in Feb.

Apr - Sent e-mail to a VA person working there for inquirey, and they had me fill out another request electronically that I submitted on the spot. again, was told 2-4 week turn around time.

June - filled out and submitted another request.

On average, I am filling one out every 2 months. is this normal? Or am I wasting my time here? Is there anything I can do, or complain to? I know the VA is flooded with complaints and work, but this is just an exam copy that I submitted for originally in Feb.

Also,

Is it possible to request a copy of my "proposed" ratings? E-Benefits is still stuck on the decision phase, but I was told by my PEBLO that the VA rating was sent to TX for review by the Air Force.

Thanks in advance.

Advertise Here

#2 Berta

Berta

HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• SVR
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28473 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:25 AM

http://www.vba.va.go...eign/claims.htm

I dont know if this link above can help you and it must be frustrating not to have the results of the C & P.

I assume you wrote directly to the VAMC where it was done?

If it was a QTC exam then the VARO which handles your claim must be written to for a copy of it.

Maybe you should tie in with the Guam Veterans Affairs office in the red link at this site:

http://gvao.guam.gov/

"At this appointment, I was told by my Dr that I could request the a copy of the exam, and they would have it for me before I left. I live in Guam, so its not like I can go back anytime."

Have you attemted to directly contact this doctor (I assume he/she did the C & P) That worked for me once.

Good thing I got a copy of it. The SOC manipulated the actual C & P results.

Edited by Berta, 24 July 2012 - 08:26 AM.

#3 deanbrt

deanbrt

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

I just went through this. In some regions you can get your C&P right away but in Iowa a couple of doctors were accosted right after the exam at the VAMC after the vets read them and now you have to go through the RO to get a copy.

I got copies within a week and 1/2

#4 fiasco007

fiasco007

• PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

It is very frusterating. If the original guy would have told me, "it will take 3 or more months" then it wouldnt be as bad. But when he says 2-4 weeks, and 6 months goes by, then it gets a lil old. I've requested records 3 times now and was always told the same thing, "2-4 weeks" so its almost comical at this point.

Yesterday I spoke to one VA person, and they gave me an 800 # to call. I called....then sat on the phone for 45 minutes pushing buttons, only to finaly reach a recording that says, " we are extremely busy at the momment, would you like to make an appointment for a telephone call back?" I pushed the button for no and then its said, "thank you, good bye" and hung up on me. I almost passed out with anger.

Today, i e-mailed the same VA person and got a new number. I called them, and they said they will have it in the mail today, and I should recieve it in a couple of days. I'm not holding my breath.

#5 fiasco007

fiasco007

• PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

Berta,

whats a "SOC"? sorry for my iognorance. I dont have all the acronymes down yet.

#6 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • 21929 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:43 PM

Berta,

whats a "SOC"? sorry for my iognorance. I dont have all the acronymes down yet.

http://www.hadit.com/definitions.html

#7 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • 21929 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:44 PM

Quick break down of situation.

currently active duty being med boarded. I had my C&P exam early Feb this year in Sacramento. At this appointment, I was told by my Dr that I could request the a copy of the exam, and they would have it for me before I left. I live in Guam, so its not like I can go back anytime. The guy at the counter gave me some excuse as to why he couldnt give it to me then, so we agreed that he would mail it to me, and should be anywhere from 2-4 weeks before I get it. Ok, this is no big deal, but this is back in Feb.

Apr - Sent e-mail to a VA person working there for inquirey, and they had me fill out another request electronically that I submitted on the spot. again, was told 2-4 week turn around time.

June - filled out and submitted another request.

On average, I am filling one out every 2 months. is this normal? Or am I wasting my time here? Is there anything I can do, or complain to? I know the VA is flooded with complaints and work, but this is just an exam copy that I submitted for originally in Feb.

Also,

Is it possible to request a copy of my "proposed" ratings? E-Benefits is still stuck on the decision phase, but I was told by my PEBLO that the VA rating was sent to TX for review by the Air Force.

Thanks in advance.

In regards to your signature line - some of those condition would not be granted
due to pyramiding.

#8 fiasco007

fiasco007

• PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

In regards to your signature line - some of those condition would not be granted
due to pyramiding.

I know, its just how they had it listed when I went for my C&P. Since I havent recieved anything yet, and have no idea on how they will rate me, I just left it like that until I know somethng for sure. I understand the pyramiding concept, but I dont really know how it will effect me and my contentions.

#9 deanbrt

deanbrt

• 769 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

Contact the FOIA desk at your VAMC and ask them how to request a copy of your C&P's. My guess is they will tell you to fax a request to your VARO like they did me....

#10 deanbrt

deanbrt

• 769 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

try this number. 1-319-338-0581

ext. 6383

It is Iowa but ask them for your state's VAMC FOIA phone number....

Advertise Here