Search

Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup
@  IraqVet : (19 August 2014 - 07:02 PM) Anyone Recieveing Letters From Vfw To Applay For Tricare And Campava Supplimantal Insurance When You Do Not Have 100% Yet....mines Pending But I Wonder If They Know Something I Dont
@  Detonator : (19 August 2014 - 10:51 AM) Insomnia
@  jbasser : (18 August 2014 - 08:29 PM) Folks, Dont Miss The Hadit Radio Show Wed At 1Pm Eastern. The Basser Hour.
@  Thadine : (18 August 2014 - 12:23 PM) Nod
@  carlie : (18 August 2014 - 08:37 AM) Notapb1 - Might Get More Replies If You Post The Questions Into The Forums.
@  notapb1 : (18 August 2014 - 07:26 AM) Looking For Feedback. I Have Applied For Iu. Was Told To Come In For A Psych Eval And Diabetes Clinic. Received A Call From Va They Were Cancelling The Psych Eval As The Doc(?) Who Did It In March(Ptsd Increase) Was Asked For His Opinion And He Was Going To Submit That. This Is The Same Individual Who Told Me Off The Record About Iu And To Contact My Service Officer. Sounds Positive To Me, But I May Be A Little Bias. Thoughts?
@  waltbarb : (16 August 2014 - 08:35 PM) Appeal
@  MarkInTexas : (16 August 2014 - 04:49 PM) Just Testing This "shout" Thing....... Have A Great Weekend Everybody!
@  Notorious Kelly : (16 August 2014 - 04:40 PM) I Reset Firefox And Now Can Read- Probably Kok Issue (Kitties On The Keyboard)
@  Notorious Kelly : (16 August 2014 - 04:25 PM) I Couldn't Read Posts So I Changed Theme To Ipboard Mobile. Now I Can Read And It Says Hadit Custom
@  carlie : (16 August 2014 - 03:32 PM) Raymondb50 - Probably Better To Post Your Question To The Board.
@  carlie : (16 August 2014 - 03:15 PM) Raymondbb50 - What Is It That You Want ?
@  raymondb50 : (15 August 2014 - 09:47 PM) How Do I Change Member Title And Group Info In My Profile?
@  carlie : (15 August 2014 - 08:37 PM) Just Saying Hi To All
@  WoundedWarrior : (14 August 2014 - 08:50 AM) Got Unofficial Word From The Vso - Unofficially Approved For Tdiu, Effective Date 6/3/2014
@  mrmark1999 : (13 August 2014 - 06:23 PM) Ok When You Call The 1800 # You Feel Like They Allways Have Heavy Call Volume
@  Notorious Kelly : (13 August 2014 - 06:08 AM) Hi Autumn - Those Links Aren't Working Thru Shoutbox; Maybe In A Regular Post. Thanks!
@  autumn : (12 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) Http://bit.ly/1Ojvi2B : Why Would A Doctor With A Sense Of Integrity And Really Good Medical Quals Want To Work At This Thug Org? Central Office Ties Their Hands Too Boot.
@  autumn : (12 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) Http://hrld.us/1Rohsam : Progress? Only In The Va Thuggery Imagination. How Many Of Us Got Denied On Nonsensical Logic And Now Wait More Years?
@  autumn : (12 August 2014 - 05:45 PM) Http://bit.ly/1Pq966O : More Delay, Deny & Wait & Wait ... Nothing New For Many Of Us ...

Photo

File New Claim While In Dro Appeal

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 jcolwell

jcolwell

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

New to this forum.
I have filed for IHD and GERD as a Thailand Veteran direct exposure for perimeter security augmentee and jet engine mechanic.
I have lots of other medical diagnosis ( HTN, DM 2, Chronic Renal Disease stage 3 ) I have not filed new claims thinking it is better to try to get the big 2 items decisions addressed first rather than muddy the claim. Input wlcome Jc

Advertise Here

#2 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22185 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

DMII is a big item since it involves so many secondary conditions.

#3 deanbrt

deanbrt

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

New to this forum.
I have filed for IHD and GERD as a Thailand Veteran direct exposure for perimeter security augmentee and jet engine mechanic.
I have lots of other medical diagnosis ( HTN, DM 2, Chronic Renal Disease stage 3 ) I have not filed new claims thinking it is better to try to get the big 2 items decisions addressed first rather than muddy the claim. Input wlcome Jc

Yes, you run the risk they would bundle them together and delay the others to process the most recent....

#4 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • 22002 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

Yes, you run the risk they would bundle them together and delay the others to process the most recent....

Dang - looks like you and I are thinking the same on this issue : - )
It's not supposed to work that way but many times it does.
JMHO

#5 jcolwell

jcolwell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

Yep, It was diagnosed today by private physicians..........not a good day at this house. Had a new battery in the old AICD on Friday........He just wants to know what next. .The week can only get better. He has very good docs and a RN to keep him on track. Thanks

#6 jcolwell

jcolwell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:51 AM

Thanks, my gut said hold off on new claims and you have confirmed my concern. Thanks for your help

#7 deanbrt

deanbrt

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:12 AM

Dang - looks like you and I are thinking the same on this issue : - )
It's not supposed to work that way but many times it does.
JMHO

I learned it the hard way, Carlie, I am sorry to write. They took my new evidence for the IU and made them new claims and then tried to bundle the new claims with the granted BVA appeal. From everything I read that should have never happened, but it did. It would have added another year of waiting. I will never know for sure if it was the Office of Case Management at BVA or my senator that broke the log jam but one of them was instrumental

#8 Berta

Berta

HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• SVR
  • 28572 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:04 PM

Personally I would have filed for all of these issues.

The DMII could be from direct exposure to the AO, the HTN could be possibly associated with either the IHD or the DMII with medical evidence of the link,from a doctor, and the end stage renal disease is also quite possibly due to the DMII but would need a medical statement to support the link.

I am not a doctor but know more about DMII,and IHD etc then I ever thought I would ever need to know.

I see those as the big issues along with the Renal disease, and ,if the VA conceded your AO exposure due to proof of perimeter duty or via your MOS, then the other disabilities you mentioned could be granted as secondarys ,if claimed and then with a full medical statement.to that affect.

The GERD- have you ever been prescribed NSAIDS by VA for anything for some time.
Many vets have gotten SCed for GERD from long term NSAID usage,prescribed by VA for other conditions.
This link shows the known medical association between End Stage Renal Disease and DMII.
It is from the American Heart Association
http://www.heart.org...867_Article.jsp

The trilogy of heart, brain, kidney disease due to DMII is well known in the medical community but by claiming any conditions with a potential DMII nexus would provide a C & P that hopefully would rule out any other etiology in your case for the renal disease and VA ,if AO exposure is conceded, could award the IHD as due to the DMII or directly due to AO with DMII rating as separate.It depends usually on which diagnosis came first.

The best thing you can do is punch up in way you can, the proof of your exposure to AO.Does your MOS or 201 file from service clearly describe your perimeter duties in Thailand?
If you might need Buddy Statements now is the time to try and get them.

I think I posted the Thailand VA directive in reply to your first post here in the Newbie Intro forum.

I assume you are not working? Have you applied for SSDI yet?

If SSDI awards solely for what could become SC conditions, then a SSDI award becomes excellent evidence for TDIU- paid at the 100% rate of comp, once VA concedes your AO exposure.

Edited by Berta, 25 July 2012 - 04:08 PM.

#9 jcolwell

jcolwell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

Berta , thanks for trying to help.
Filed for Direct exposure Udorn , thailand for Direct exposure. I was never in VN. I am approved for priority 6 . I have one buddy letter about dorms close to perimeter from a guy there in 1971. I have no buddies that I keep in contact with.

Strong evidence I have is that the VSPA ( 432sps ) have me listed as a security augmentee in Aug 1970 with a ID number on their website. Will the VA belive this or not ? Who knows. That is all they have on record. Their historian was not able to find the paper record to support the website posting. My MOS for Jet engine mechanic does not mention perimeter duty in my performance reports. but I did go to the test cell on perimeter weekly and i completed a sworn statement to this effect. Currently , waiting for unit reports from Aug 1970 for 432nd FMS unit hoping they might show i was TDY with security.

Indigestion ( now GERD and Barretts Esophagus) was documented at Dc in 1975 as frequent. It is present in my medical records from the military. I did my own time line from the medical records I had of complaints and sent it in with my claim.Another issue is that I had continued care up until now for my GERD but all the physicians have either died, retired, or moved to other places. AZ medical records are destroyed by law after 7 years. I have no copies. I have never taken NSAIDS due to GERD for years. That is a no no.

After DC GERD contd, and then I got HTN and then later in 2005 came the good stuff IHD with a AICD./and my friend the Pacemaker. I have left ventricular hypertrophy . It is documented in my military record I had an EKG which was somewhat abnormal but I need to have my Cardiologist do a read on it for me . I just found the EKG in my C-file 6 months ago. My military does mention that i was fainted several times. I also did a timeline for that and sent it to our friends at the VA trying to link that to the IHD.
Approved for SSDI 2011 due to IHD ( could not longer work as a airline mechanic). All above well docuemented by private docs. I have 5 for each disease.
Disease order: GERD, then HTN, then IHD, Then AICD and pacer, then essential tremors ,then Chronic renal disease no dialysis thank God.. then DM2 this week.
Thank you for caring enough to listen to my woes. I have contacted Senator John McCain office in Phoenix and his person has called back once and is looking into my claim which seems pretty good.
Question: do you think I should get a IMO or do I really need that with all this stuff..........Jim

Advertise Here