Advertise Here

Photo

Wouldn't It Be Great If.......................

varo 125 days va retro compensation claim

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 MarkInTexas

MarkInTexas

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:55 AM

Wouldn't it be great if they forced the VA to increase a veteran's rating 1% for each month that the VA took to process a claim after their magical 125 Day response time. 1% might not sound like much, but even under the VA's mysterious rating system, added up, it would definitely make a difference.

Plus, it would compel the VA to process claims much more effeciently, knowing there is a 1% penalty per month hanging over their heads.

I know it'll never happen, but I had an extra strong cup of coffee this morning, so my brain is in overdrive. Good morning, y'all.

Mark

Advertise Here

#2 71M10

71M10

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1224 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

A while ago I had mused on the board the idea that a veteran would get a 1.5 multiplier on thier award retro after 6 months, 2X at a year and and additional full increase each year it was pending.

Lets raise the stakes even higher, for each rating a RVSR has overturned on appeal lets have thier base salary reduced by 1percentage point and the regional office managers salary reduced by one tenth of a percent.

I suspect veterans would truly get the benefit of the doubt then.

#3 lysol

lysol

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:14 AM

Yea, but being a government office, it would never happen... lol. When there was a pay glitch with the finance office here at Nellis AFB, they started taking my money out of my next paycheck which was in 8 days. That paycheck was like $300. I was pissed. But when they owed me money for a move, it took about 3 months to get it in my account. pffff...

Edited by lysol, 27 July 2012 - 07:14 AM.

Advertise Here