Photo

Tdiu & Form 21-4192

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 autumn

autumn

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

VSO sent me TCIU forms and one of them is a 21-4192.

i quit working in 2007-2008. was awarded 100% by SSD hearing that went back to 2008.

i don't see any reason to contact a prior employer whom i haven't worked for in close to 5 years.

my SSD hearing award shows all this.

do i really have to send this form to my last employer whom i haven't worked for in those many years?

#2 iceturkee

iceturkee

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

i quit working in 2007-2008. was awarded 100% by SSD hearing that went back to 2008.

i don't see any reason to contact a prior employer whom i haven't worked for in close to 5 years.

do i really have to send this form to my last employer whom i haven't worked for in those many years?

i didn't send any to mine but then i was self-employed the last 8 years i worked. plus, my previous employer to that went out of business.

#3 autumn

autumn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

i didn't send any to mine but then i was self-employed the last 8 years i worked. plus, my previous employer to that went out of business.

appreciate the reply. guess i'll wait till VSO gets back in office.

#4 jvretiredvet

jvretiredvet

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:20 PM

i don't see any reason to contact a prior employer whom i haven't worked for in close to 5 years. Well, it may be beneficial.

What was the reason why you left that employer? Was the reason related to a service connected condition (whether it was service connected at that time or not) ? If s/c (or eventually became s/c), did the employer make any workplace accommodation because of the disability(s)?

#5 autumn

autumn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

i don't see any reason to contact a prior employer whom i haven't worked for in close to 5 years. Well, it may be beneficial.

What was the reason why you left that employer? Was the reason related to a service connected condition (whether it was service connected at that time or not) ? If s/c (or eventually became s/c), did the employer make any workplace accommodation because of the disability(s)?

i left due to i was getting a bit more ill & frustrated and VA kept telling me nothing was wrong but "stress" related so i moved to a "different weather climate", i had an opportunity to purchase a house here too. it was time to leave, but i didn't actually know at the time it was MS that was giving me a hard time back then.