Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  chuck57thSig : (30 October 2014 - 05:51 PM) Sarti07, It's Under (Va Claims And Research) Http://www.hadit.com/forums/topic/59064-Prep-For-Decision-Phaseprovisional-Rating/
@  sarti07 : (30 October 2014 - 02:43 PM) Hello, I Just Posted A Topic About Prep For Decision.. I Have No Idea Where To Find It! Lol
@  carlie : (28 October 2014 - 03:42 PM) Reelnrod - Just Pick A Topic That Corresponds To Your Stuff And Post It
@  reelnrod : (28 October 2014 - 10:11 AM) So, How Do I Post A Topic?
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:21 AM) Irrrl
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:18 AM) Fishing License
@  Thadine : (28 October 2014 - 08:14 AM) Thadine Quick
@  red : (27 October 2014 - 12:14 PM) Anyone Heard Any Updates On Flying Space A For 100% Disabled Vets?
@  maxwell18 : (27 October 2014 - 10:49 AM) I Did Contact My Congressman Jeff Miller, Let's See What Will Happen
@  maxwell18 : (27 October 2014 - 10:48 AM) @britton
@  Tbird : (27 October 2014 - 04:26 AM) Thank You Larry S For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:33 PM) Everyone (Veteran's) Should Recive A Memo From The Dept Of Veterans Affairs ****notification Of Medication Scheduling Change****
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:24 PM) Meds That Are Consider To Be Schedule Ii Narcotic...pain Meds Like Hydrocodone Ectt Ect,,
@  britton : (26 October 2014 - 07:22 PM) As I Understand We Only Can See The Va Dr's Every 28 Days To Renew Our Prescription Meds A New Law Went Into Effect Oct 6Th 2014....i Only See Problems Problems Problems With This...grrrrr
@  maxwell18 : (26 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) This Is Maxwell18 Would The Person Who Contacted Me (Vern2) Please Contact Me Again, I Attemped To E Mail You It Returned No Reply. Thanks
@  Tbird : (26 October 2014 - 05:12 AM) Thank You Maxwell18 For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign.
@  Notorious Kelly : (25 October 2014 - 07:53 PM) Max- Contact Your Congressman- Dea Has Got Docs So Cowed They're Afraid To Dispense Tylenol
@  maxwell18 : (25 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) Anybody Having Problems Getting Pain Pills (Norco) Filled Us Navy Base (Nas Whiting Fld Milton Fl). Had A Prescription For 90 Norco Pills For 30 Days, 3 A Day For Pain, Got 30 For 30 Days. That Will Last Me 10 Days. Another Thing That Our Government Is Screwing With Us. I Don't Know What To Do, Don't Want To To The Va, Don't Know What They Will Either. Anybody Goy Any Ideas. 
@  Burt : (25 October 2014 - 10:28 AM) Does Anyone Else Here Wear A Don Joy Armor Knee Brace From The Va?
@  red : (24 October 2014 - 10:10 AM) Any News On Space A Flying?

Photo
- - - - -

Veterans Evaluation Services - Houston

veterans evaluation services houston vamc varo c&p contractor qtc examination testing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 MarkInTexas

MarkInTexas

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

Has anybody out there had any dealings with a company called Veterans Evaluation Services? Apparently, the VA has contracted with them to perform C&P examinations and testing on veterans. I see from their website that they are apparently headquartered near Houston.

I was called yesterday (Saturday) by a representative of this company (called me from a Tennessee telephone number) who advised me to call an 877 number on Monday to schedule my C&P examination. He did not know what conditions I was being examined for. (I have several, but tons of medical documentation on a few). He was polite, and told me that he simply didn't know, but that I would learn more on Monday when I called the number.

He further advised that his company was also contracting with "local" doctors to administer the examinations, and that I might not even have to drive to Houston. I'm still not sure what he means by local. I'm 2 hours from the VAMC in Houston.

Any information about this company and its services would be appreciated. And better still, any veterans that used them during their C&P process have good/bad experiences? Any advice would help me.

I'll try to post more tomorrow after I make the call to them to schedule. Have a great week.

Mark

#2 deanbrt

deanbrt

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:45 AM

I don;t like it......

#3 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22213 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:12 PM

"VES Awarded VHA Contract

Veterans Evaluation Services Awarded New Contracts
Veterans Evaluation Services will handle VA examinations in every U.S. state and territory, as well as multiple international locations including Germany, Japan, Costa Rica and Mexico.
Houston, TX, July 14, 2011: Veterans Evaluation Services (“VES”) – formerly MES Solutions-VES – was recently awarded a contract with the Department of Veterans Affairs to provide evaluations in over 20 VISNs across the United States states and territories, as well as Germany, Japan, Costa Rica and Mexico. VES proudly processes examinations in all US states and territories.
“We are grateful to the Veterans Administration for awarding us these additional contracts and for their continued confidence in VES to deliver global service at the highest level,” said Travis Fitzpatrick, President and CEO of VES. “I am proud of our staff and providers for the excellent quality of our work and for a consistently exceptional level of customer service. Most importantly, I am proud that VES is widely recognized and acknowledged across the world as a Veteran owned organization which treats Veterans and Service Members with the utmost dignity and respect. We believe it is never too late to welcome home a hero and the entire VES team is dedicated to honoring the brave men and women who provided and protected our Nation’s freedom.”

Link :
http://www.vesservic...es/?page_id=376

#4 MarkInTexas

MarkInTexas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

Here's a quick update. This morning I called VES (another acronym....oh yay!) on the 877 number, and spoke with a lady who asked me for the last 4 of my SSN, and then pulled up my file. She advised that the VA had contracted with them to perform two separate exams/tests on me.

One is a an examination, and testing for infectious diseases. This was expected because part of my claim was concerning residual effects of Epstein Barr Virus (Mononucleosis), and the secondary conditions that occured as a result (Hodgkin's Lymphoma and Bell's Palsy).

The second was a bit of a surprise. She advised that this was for an audiology appointment. I have claims for tinnitus and hearing loss, but already had a recent examination (paid out of my own pocket) complete with results and an IMO letter from the audiologist.

I had other conditions as well, but had a ton of medical information.....well, had a ton of medical records on my Hodgkin's Lymphoma, etc. as well, but we'll see.

Back to the topic though, she asked whether I preferred to receive a hard copy appointment letter mailed to my home address (which she already had as well), or to have the appointment letter e-mailed. I opted for the hard copy to be mailed to me. I use e-mail quite a bit, but would rather have something solid with a U.S. Mail date stamp on the envelope. She did request my e -mail in the event that there were additional information that needed to be relayed to me.

She further explained that VES had contracts with doctors in the Beaumont area, where my C&P for Epstein Barr, etc. will be held, but that chances were that they would have to use a Houston audiology clinic for the other one. She of course told me the details would be in the letters. She also asked what days of the week would be preferable, and advised that some examinations were also done on weekends. I told her I would prefer Fridays and weekends if possible. We'll see how that works out.

That's about all I have right now. I'll update later when I have more information on VES, or how they do things.

As I mentioned before, if anybody out there has used VES before, I'd appreciate any insight on how they operate, or what I need to be prepared for.

Also, anybody out there ever attend an audiology or infectious diseases C&P? What do I need to do to be prepared for the interview/examinations?

Thanks again, everyone.

Mark

#5 USMC5811

USMC5811

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

Also, anybody out there ever attend an audiology or infectious diseases C&P? What do I need to do to be prepared for the interview/examinations?

Many do or should use DBQ's (Disability Questionaire Form). You can look up what is on these forms here: http://benefits.va.g...stBySymptom.asp

#6 SP4RVN1971

SP4RVN1971

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

Here's a quick update. This morning I called VES (another acronym....oh yay!) on the 877 number, and spoke with a lady who asked me for the last 4 of my SSN, and then pulled up my file. She advised that the VA had contracted with them to perform two separate exams/tests on me.

One is a an examination, and testing for infectious diseases. This was expected because part of my claim was concerning residual effects of Epstein Barr Virus (Mononucleosis), and the secondary conditions that occured as a result (Hodgkin's Lymphoma and Bell's Palsy).

The second was a bit of a surprise. She advised that this was for an audiology appointment. I have claims for tinnitus and hearing loss, but already had a recent examination (paid out of my own pocket) complete with results and an IMO letter from the audiologist.

I had other conditions as well, but had a ton of medical information.....well, had a ton of medical records on my Hodgkin's Lymphoma, etc. as well, but we'll see.

Back to the topic though, she asked whether I preferred to receive a hard copy appointment letter mailed to my home address (which she already had as well), or to have the appointment letter e-mailed. I opted for the hard copy to be mailed to me. I use e-mail quite a bit, but would rather have something solid with a U.S. Mail date stamp on the envelope. She did request my e -mail in the event that there were additional information that needed to be relayed to me.

She further explained that VES had contracts with doctors in the Beaumont area, where my C&P for Epstein Barr, etc. will be held, but that chances were that they would have to use a Houston audiology clinic for the other one. She of course told me the details would be in the letters. She also asked what days of the week would be preferable, and advised that some examinations were also done on weekends. I told her I would prefer Fridays and weekends if possible. We'll see how that works out.

That's about all I have right now. I'll update later when I have more information on VES, or how they do things.

As I mentioned before, if anybody out there has used VES before, I'd appreciate any insight on how they operate, or what I need to be prepared for.

Thanks again, everyone.

Mark

Mark, Last year VA sent me to VES. I think their testing was much better than Va C&P test. They were asking about my problems and other problems , they actually tested me and not just look at as VA C&P did . So I think they help me get my compensation. They found something with my heart that my regular doctor did not see!

#7 Papa

Papa

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

JMHO. Apparently, QTC was not getting the job done. I don't know if QTC's contract was up, or the VA just told them that they had to award another contract to someone else to get the work done. Actually the VA may have had to pay QTC money for allowing them to award this contract to VES. Hope not.

Papa

#8 MarkInTexas

MarkInTexas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:51 AM

SP4, thanks for the update. I was worried.....well.....reckon I still am for that matter. I'll definitely keep everybody updated on VES and its services as I go through the scheduling and C&P process. One small hint of hope that I saw on the VES website was that it was run by veterans.

Papa, I never had experience with QTC (at least not yet), but read all of the horror stories. I"m sure that there are some good stories too, but sounded a lot like Vegas odds to me.

USMC, thanks for the link on the Disability Questionaire Forms. I've downloaded and will print out each one and study up. I am debating on making a notebook for each separate exam of medical records, testimony, medical journal information etc. in case the examiner has any questions, or is open to additional information. What do you think?

Good morning, all.

Mark

Edited by MarkInTexas, 01 August 2012 - 06:52 AM.

#9 MarkInTexas

MarkInTexas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

One more quick update. This afternoon I received a verification e-mail from VES. Then after verifying, I got another one containing attachments of VA mileage/travel voucher forms, a DBQ form and instructions. The e-mail stated I was set for August 10th for my appointment in Beaumont, Texas. (Pleasant surprise that it was on one of my preferred days of the week that I requested.)

The e-mail even had a sort of a Mapquest type directions map attached with the doctor's address.

Pretty cut and dry. I'll fill out the forms, and keep my fingers crossed. I'll update everybody on my VES experience as new events develop.

Thanks again,

Mark

#10 MarkInTexas

MarkInTexas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

OK, I know you guys may be tired of the VES updates, but here's one more. Yesterday, I received another e-mail from a VES representative, setting up my audiology C&P appointment for August 14th. They apologized in the e-mail for being unable to find my preferred days of the week for an appointment, and advised that the doctor's schedule was booked for August and they wanted to get me scheduled prior to the VA's due date.

The appointment is for an audiology office in Lufkin, Texas, which is much closer than Houston for me. The e-mail contained the same attachments that the previous did......travel form, questionaire and instructions.

I never did receive hard copies in the mail though, but I confirmed receipt of each e-mail. I'll keep everybody posted as I go through the VES adventure.

Mark

#11 SP4RVN1971

SP4RVN1971

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

OK, I know you guys may be tired of the VES updates, but here's one more. Yesterday, I received another e-mail from a VES representative, setting up my audiology C&P appointment for August 14th. They apologized in the e-mail for being unable to find my preferred days of the week for an appointment, and advised that the doctor's schedule was booked for August and they wanted to get me scheduled prior to the VA's due date.

The appointment is for an audiology office in Lufkin, Texas, which is much closer than Houston for me. The e-mail contained the same attachments that the previous did......travel form, questionaire and instructions.

I never did receive hard copies in the mail though, but I confirmed receipt of each e-mail. I'll keep everybody posted as I go through the VES adventure.

Mark

Mark, VES was very active in sending me information, plus their tests was a real test. . I hope that you get the compensation that they own you. Make sure that they pay your travel pay. I they pay for one trip, but did not pay for the second and it could be the distances?

#12 #1Cavtrooper

#1Cavtrooper

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

Are you by any chance going to Audiological Services in lufkin? I only live about 18 miles from there.

Edited by #1Cavtrooper, 05 August 2012 - 01:54 PM.

#13 MarkInTexas

MarkInTexas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

Cavtrooper, I'm not sure what the name of the clinic is, but the directions say that it is on Ellis Avenue in Lufkin. I'm relieved it's there because there is a lot less traffic congestion, and probably much better parking than trying to go to the VAMC in Houston.

SP4, thanks for the advice. They sent me travel/meal forms for both scheduled appointments, and I'll definitely fill them out. Do I complete the mileage, etc. before I get the facility to sign, or does VES or the VA complete all of that?

Although the Lufkin trip is longer, it's a much easier trip that Houston. Beaumont will only be about 40 miles or so, but is also preferred over Houston. At least they kept it all fairly close so far.

Thanks again,

Mark

#14 MarkInTexas

MarkInTexas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:42 PM

OK, here's a quick update of my first C&P examination using the Veterans Evaluation Services contractor. First, prior to going, I got two or three calls from VES personnel confirming my appointment date(s). I had one today, and will have another one on this next Tuesday. They confirmed with me yesterday, and told me that they will call again Monday to confirm the next one.

I showed up early, and waited in the waiting room until they called me back to sign in and confirm my identity. That went quickly, and I was led back to the examination room to meet with the Doctor. Lot's of questions pretty straight off the VA's questionaire.

After all was said and done, the Doctor told me that he was going to note that due to my military history, it was at least as likely as not that my condition was caused by my military service. He was a nice guy, and took time to talk to me about my life, my work ability and how I dealt with things day to day. Very professional, but calming.

I guess when you get down to it, they keys is the phrase, "due to my military history, it was at least as likely as not that my condition was caused my my military service."

What do you folks think? Do I have a green light to move forward to another step, or is it just a yellow caution light?

Thanks again,

Mark

#15 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22213 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

OK, here's a quick update of my first C&P examination using the Veterans Evaluation Services contractor. First, prior to going, I got two or three calls from VES personnel confirming my appointment date(s). I had one today, and will have another one on this next Tuesday. They confirmed with me yesterday, and told me that they will call again Monday to confirm the next one.

I showed up early, and waited in the waiting room until they called me back to sign in and confirm my identity. That went quickly, and I was led back to the examination room to meet with the Doctor. Lot's of questions pretty straight off the VA's questionaire.

After all was said and done, the Doctor told me that he was going to note that due to my military history, it was at least as likely as not that my condition was caused by my military service. He was a nice guy, and took time to talk to me about my life, my work ability and how I dealt with things day to day. Very professional, but calming.

I guess when you get down to it, they keys is the phrase, "due to my military history, it was at least as likely as not that my condition was caused my my military service."

What do you folks think? Do I have a green light to move forward to another step, or is it just a yellow caution light?

Thanks again,

Mark

Did he have a copy of your records there, that you know of?

#16 MarkInTexas

MarkInTexas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

Carlie, it was kind of interesting. He had a laptop open on his desk, and logged into to some account, asked me a couple of questions to "find me", turned the laptop toward me to see how he was logging in and clicking on my name.

When he found me, he pulled up a screen with a lot of the information I had submitted. Looked like a constant scrolling group of PDF files or something. By this time, he had moved it back in front of him to go back to typing and filling fields. He did mention a couple of times that he was reading some of my medical records, and also said once that he was having trouble viewing my military medical records.

He was doing a lot of scrolling up and down, filling blanks, and scrolling back up. When I would mention a secondary condition, he would scroll up and type something else, then back. I know he mentioned remarks field a few times as well.

But to answer your question, yes, I think he had some online access to my file.

Ever encountered this? And what do you think so far?

Mark

#17 MarkInTexas

MarkInTexas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:34 AM

One more question. I know I'm probably being a pest, but....... My next C&P is scheduled for Tuesday, August 14th. It is for a tinnitus and hearing examination at the VES contracted location. Now I have already had a private examination done at a profossional audilology center close to home, and I submitted the results, along with an IMO letter from the audiologist at the center,which shows bilateral hearing loss and tinnitus.

Do you think that the VA just ignored this evidence completely, or felt that they wanted one of their contracted people to check me out and do an examination to confirm the results? Any thoughts?

Have a great weekend.

Mark

#18 USMC5811

USMC5811

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:40 AM

I think when it comes to hearing tests - the VA does things differently and requires a specific type test be followed .....kinda like they don't "accept" on face value an initial diagnosis of PTSD from a an outside provider...they'll look at it....but they will require the vet to get tested by one of their docs = a C&P.

Have you been able to compare your private examination to the rating schedule for hearing loss set by the VA - the charts confused the heck out of me at first, but I finally figured it out.
The "speech discrimination" is critical to the rating. Here's where you can see how they rate hearing loss...you'll have to scroll down to the appropriate heading and charts: http://www.hadit.com...m/101-38...4...rating-disabilities/

Here's what it says under DBQ's in regards to this:

Q: Which DBQs are not available for use by private providers?

A: There are no DBQs for the following medical examinations:
  • Initial Examination for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
  • Hearing Loss and Tinnitus
  • Residuals of Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Cold Injury Residuals
  • Prisoner of War Examination Protocol
  • Gulf War Medical Examination
  • General Medical Examination for Compensation Purposes
  • General Medical Examination for Pension Purposes
Q: Why are those DBQs not available for public use?

A: VA has determined that the examinations required to complete those DBQs either require specialized training, specialized equipment, or specialized testing generally not available through private providers or, if these examinations are available, the cost to the Veteran would be so great as to render the DBQ cost-prohibitive. For these reasons, VA has determined that it is in the Veteran’s best interest to still require these examinations to be conducted by a VA clinician.

Edited by USMC5811, 11 August 2012 - 09:52 AM.

#19 MarkInTexas

MarkInTexas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

USMC, thanks. That gives a good explanation. My audiologist provided me with copies of audiology examination (had little graph charts, x's, and declining lines.....I'm not an audiologist and that's what it all looks like to me.) She also provided me with a detailed IMO letter, all of which I submitted via VONAPP, and then as a hard copy via U.S. Mail to the Houston VARO.

There were no DBQ's involved in this one. This is probably why the VA wants to have one of their people conduct the tests. She had written that good old phrase, "at least as likely as not that my tinnitus and hearing loss had developed due to my military service," so I hope I can get the same result from the VA examiner. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks again for the advice and information.

Mark

#20 MarkInTexas

MarkInTexas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

Alright, here's my last (so far) experience with Veterans Evaluation Services. I had an audiology C&P Examination this morning at a clinic contracted by VES, who contracted with the VA. It wasn't too bad. I walked in, and the clerk immediately addressed me, asked for my VES questionaire (which was e-mailed to me to complete) and also for my VA travel voucher form. She signed/dated the travel voucher form, and faxed it off (presumably to the VA or VES), and then stamped it and handed the original back to me. (Different scenario than my previous experience a few days ago.)

They had me fill out a basic office type questionaire form with all of my information, and then had me go into an inner lobby. I waited a few minutes, and then the doctor brought me into the examination room.

Just like the previous time, this doctor opened a laptop, and logged into some account, which brought up my VA records. She browsed through it, asked me several questions about my military history and exporsure to noise, and also my current situation with tinnitus and hearing loss. Then she took my questionaire and utilized a great deal of my narrative in her remarks sections.

Afterward, I took several audiology tests. I imagine they are the same that everybody goes through, and when she was finished, she shook my hand. She did let me look at the front examination page, and explained that I suffered from hearing loss resulting from noise trauma. (I don't remember all the fancy medical terms used) This time there was no mention of recommendations or phrases spoken like "at least as likely as", but I'm glad I did it. We'll see what she writes, recommends and what the VA interprets.

One recommendation I would make to anybody utilizing VES for audiology C&P's is that you might type out a good narrative regarding your military history, noise exposure, and effects on your work and personal life. I got the feeling that a narrative attached to the questionaire might have assisted a bit. This was the Lufkin, Texas office though. Might be different elsewhere, but couldn't hurt.

I wish everybody luck, and I'll sit and watch again as the VA decides if these C&P's do the trick, or they will need even more information that 2 years and nearly 2 months can bring.

Mark

#21 RichSal2451

RichSal2451

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

I just found this topic and wanted to add my two cents, for what its worth. I am currently rated SC at 90% for several issues(60% CAD, 40% lower back DDD, 20% diabetes, 10% hypertension, 10%left knee, 10% right knee, 10% hearing, and 10% tinnitus). I have applied for TDIU due to back getting much worse, and the VA has me going thru VES also. I received the same introductory letters and forms you did, and have a general C&P exam scheduled for 8/21 and an audio C&P exam on 8/22.
In both exams, VES has contracted with local docs to do the work. Glad to hear you had positive experiences, and I'll hope for the same. Good luck to both of us.

#22 MarkInTexas

MarkInTexas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

I just found this topic and wanted to add my two cents, for what its worth. I am currently rated SC at 90% for several issues(60% CAD, 40% lower back DDD, 20% diabetes, 10% hypertension, 10%left knee, 10% right knee, 10% hearing, and 10% tinnitus). I have applied for TDIU due to back getting much worse, and the VA has me going thru VES also. I received the same introductory letters and forms you did, and have a general C&P exam scheduled for 8/21 and an audio C&P exam on 8/22.
In both exams, VES has contracted with local docs to do the work. Glad to hear you had positive experiences, and I'll hope for the same. Good luck to both of us.

Good luck to you too, Rich. Hope all goes well for you.

Mark

#23 RichSal2451

RichSal2451

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

Okay, had my general C&P exam this morning with the doctor contracted by VES. I got there about 30 minutes early, and sat down as direcdted. After about twenty minutes I had to stand-up for awhile due to the back issues. Then ten minutes after that the doctor cdame for me.

Started out with alot of questions read from what I assume was a standard VA form. Then examined me with regard to blood pressure, heart, back, and knees. I must say it was the most comprehensive exam I've had since dealing with the VA. Lasted about an hour. At the end he said he felt I had full range of motion in my knees, but definite serious back issues.

Tomorrow is the audio C&P, and then we'll wait some more. Back surgery coming on Monday.

#24 MarkInTexas

MarkInTexas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

Rich, thanks for updating on your VES experience. I hope that you get a positive rating soon. Good luck on the next exam.

Mark

#25 RichSal2451

RichSal2451

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

Thanks Mark. Audio C&P went well. Good luck to both of us. Also Mark, I have a question to ask you. How do I send you a private email?

Edited by RichSal2451, 22 August 2012 - 04:41 PM.

#26 MarkInTexas

MarkInTexas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

Rich, glad it went well. You can click on my name and profile and there should be an option to send a private message to me.

Good luck on the results of the C&P!

Mark

#27 RichSal2451

RichSal2451

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:00 AM

Thanks Mark. Got your response to my private message.