Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  arng11 : (26 November 2014 - 11:30 AM) Everyone Enjoy The Holidays And Be Safe.
@  eagle1012004 : (26 November 2014 - 10:10 AM) Have A Happy Thanksgiving All!!!
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 04:54 PM) Tbird Accepted To 2015 Conference: V-Wise: Another Entrepreneurship Project Of The Whitman School Of Management Http://ow.ly/ej9Qg
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 04:13 PM) Arng11 Thank You For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign.
@  britton : (22 November 2014 - 02:57 PM) Thank You Ms T For Starting This Web Site For All Veterans, You Helpd Me And My Family And I'll Be Forever Gratful To You & Hadit.com
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 08:19 AM) Thank You All For Helping With The Funding The Site. It Is Really Helping!
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 08:18 AM) Britton Pm Me And I. Can Check This Out For You
@  britton : (22 November 2014 - 06:44 AM) What Does ''you Missed Your Quota For Postives Votes Today'' Mean??
@  coriemboh : (19 November 2014 - 08:29 AM) Hold Time For Peggy Was Approximately 1 Minute. That Was 17 Minutes Ago. They Really Need To Change This Hold Music.
@  Tbird : (17 November 2014 - 02:42 PM) Stretch Thanks For The Extra Contribution To Our Fundraiser This Month.
@  maxwell18 : (16 November 2014 - 09:04 PM) I Still Have To Bitch About The Navy Hosp Cutting My Meds By 2/3 On My Norco. I Contacted Customer Service Or What Ever You Want To Call It Who In Turn Contacted The Navy Hosp Pensacola Commander Who In Turn Did Nothing. Thanks To All The People That Are Affair Of There Jobs And I Feel That Medical Malpractice Should Come Into Place. I Guess Just Do What Ever They Want To Because They Can, But Don't Give A Sh T For The Vets That Suppose To Being Supporting From All The Military  organizations. This Is Not The Way They Have Been Trained And Promised To Do. 
@  carlie : (16 November 2014 - 11:26 AM) Delayed Onset Tinnitus - Ref To Va Training Letter 10-028 - Link - Http://veteranclaims.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/single-Judge-Application-Va-Training-Letter-10-028-Delayed-Onset-Tinnitus/
@  carlie : (16 November 2014 - 11:03 AM) Here's A Good Tinnitus Link To Check Out From M21-1 Change Dated Jan 10,2014 - Http://veteranclaims.wordpress.com/tag/section-B-Duty-Military-Occupational-Specialty-Mos-Noise-Exposure-Listing-Fast-Letter-10-35-Tinnitus-Hearing-Loss-Vbms-Rating-Decision-Tools/
@  Asiadaug : (16 November 2014 - 02:08 AM) "rolled" Not Ruled! :)
@  Asiadaug : (16 November 2014 - 02:07 AM) Thanks. I Have Seen The Fast Ltr 10-35 And Have Seen Cases Where The Va Has Apparently Agreed That Tinnitus Can Have Delayed Onset. I Did Not In Looking Over The Fast Ltr See Where They Had Ruled 10-028 Into That. And, I Am Not Sure In The Vas Issuance Of ‘policy’ Type Letters How They Might Roll In Previous Instructions Into Newer Ones. Maybe There Is Some Intranet Traceability Capability? I Was Just Curious As There ‘appeared’ To Be Conspicuous Absence Of That 10-028. I Am Assuming 10-028 Was Written In 2010. But It May Be I Should Not Assume Anything.
@  carlie : (15 November 2014 - 05:56 PM) Asiadaug - You Might Be Looking For Fast Letter 10-35, Http://www.hadit.com/forums/topic/40962-Va-Fl-10-35/ Also Check Out This Link To Links For Delayed Onset Tinnitus - They All Refer Back To Fast Letter 10-35, Https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=Chrome-Instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=Utf-8#q=Tinnitus, Delayed Onset, Va Fast Letter
@  Tbird : (15 November 2014 - 07:50 AM) Asiadaug Searched All Over For Va Training Letter 10-028 But No Luck So Far.
@  Asiadaug : (15 November 2014 - 02:12 AM) Several Cases I've Run Across Mention Va Training Letter 10-028 With Apparent Discussion About Delayed Onset Of Tinnitus. I Have Been Unable To Locate That Trng Ltr. Any Suggestions?
@  Tbird : (12 November 2014 - 05:56 PM) Stretch Thanks For Contributing To Our Fundraising Campairg
@  Tbird : (12 November 2014 - 04:01 AM) Atomicwidow Thank Your For Donating To Our Funding Campaign.

Photo

Looking For Opinions On My Ime Report

ime imo ptsd

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 TANKERJOE0

TANKERJOE0

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:42 PM

i am not good at this and dont know how to edit my personal info?
if an admin can help me delete my personal info that would be great.
and hoping to get some opinions on my ime report
thank you
joe

joe,
I edited out your IME due to the personally identifying info.

Make yourself a copy - white out (redact) your personally
identifying info
then rescan and re-upload it - into your post.

#2 rpowell01

rpowell01

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:14 AM

First, I have read the report. It was clear, concise and detailed. Second, I believe this doctor has in fact given a correct diagnosis and relating it to combat. I am no doctor nor do I practice any type of medicine but I will say that while I was reading through the lines of this report that you have been incorrectly diagnosed by the C&P examiner. Anxiety usually has a extra addon that comes with it and its called panic attacks. Panic attacks is a way your body is telling you there is something wrong so it goes into panic mode. From there your mind creates thoughts of fear issue. Usually once a person has an understanding of why his/her body has panicked then Anxiety kicks in. As somebody who has and has had first hand experience in these two things, I didn't see these "signs" in this report. My first conclusion as I was reading what you experienced and what you are experiencing is PTSD. Why didn't the C&P Examiner give this diagnosis is beyond me and I am NOT a doctor but I know a few people who have it. Anxiety and PTSD are very different, trust me on this. They are only related because they are both considered "mental" but Anxiety can either by psychological or physiological meaning the body is creating it and there is something wrong. PTSD on the other hand is more of an emotional abnormality. By reading this report you have all the signs of PTDS related to combat. I thought the doctor did an excellent job in evaluating your issue and gave a really good opinion. I thought it was excellent...

#3 hueyman

hueyman

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

PTSD is an anxiety disorder. Look it up.

#4 TANKERJOE0

TANKERJOE0

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

Hueyman and your point is?
Is this report. Sufficient and good evidence in my dro appeal . Does it meet VA requirements?
I was initially awarded 30% for this.
I filled a nod and. Had a dro hearing.
then I got this ime and submitted it to VA ro as evidence.
Thanks to anyone who can offer there opinion.
joe

#5 USMC5811

USMC5811

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

I won't talk about the diagnosis specifically because I'm not a Pyschologist or Physchiatrist, so I feel I am not qualified. For VA rating purposes - all mental illnesses fall under the same rating table.

After comparing your IME to the VA's Initial Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Disability Benefits Questionnaire that they use in C&P's, I would say that the MD that prepared your report covered all but one (I might have missed it but I did not see Competency: Is the veteran capable of managing his or her financial affairs addressed in the IME) of the categories (Evidence Review, Current Diagnoses, Stressors, History etc) that are on the VA Form.

Hopefully with this latest report they will rate you favorably. Best wishes. Semper Fi.

#6 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22280 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

joe,
Read my edit for your original post in this topic.

#7 TANKERJOE0

TANKERJOE0

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:43 AM

Thanks carlie! !!!

Carlie any opinion on my ime?

#8 rpowell01

rpowell01

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

My mistake you are correct. With PTSD one can obtain one or more anxiety disorders....I guess since I done have PTSD I was thinking it was different.

Edited by rpowell01, 06 August 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#9 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22280 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

Thanks carlie! !!!

Carlie any opinion on my ime?

Tanker,
Sorry - but my brain is mush, for now at least.