Photo

For Those In Ga Submitting For Ptsd

ptsd

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 sully375

sully375

E-2 Recruit

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:42 AM

I just wanted to post to hopefully help someone wondering how long the process could take in GA.

I submitted a claim for PTSD in December 2011 (received 19 DEC) and was awarded my 70% on the last week of July (letter dated 31 July 2012), so just over 7 months.

I have been seeing a civilian psychologist who wrote a 10 page report that I submitted with my claim which helped greatly. If you can afford it see a civilian counselor, psychologist /psychiatrist.

My QTC appointment was mid March.

I was actually surprised I was rated so high, I thought 50% max.

I am now rated 70% PTSD + 30% Knee Injury (awarded 99) + 10% tinnitus (awarded 99) = 80% total disability.

Wish I would have known about this VA math back in high school/college, I would have argued my low math scores a little more!

Don't get discouraged and keep up the fight. I know many of you have been trying for years to get what should be rightfully yours so I somewhat feel bad for saying it only took 7 months for mine to go through. Mostly you Vietnam vets have gotten crapped on, but please keep fighting.

RLTW

Edit: Back pay received 7 August.

Edited by sully375, 08 August 2012 - 07:02 PM.

#2 PainterBK

PainterBK

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:34 AM

Always good to hear of vets getting what they deserve ! There are far too many
stories of disappointment & frustration. Thanks for your service. Congrats
& enjoy Sully.

Bob K

#3 chinavet

chinavet

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

Wonderful news for you and for others! Seven months! Fantastic....

#4 cooter

cooter

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:31 AM

Good for you Sully!!!..Did they infer TDIU as well for the 80%? If not, I would definitely claim it. To go from 80 to 100% is going to be pretty tough for you. Right now your rating comes to 81.1% and you will need another 80% to get 96.22 which = 100%. So unless you have other disabilities that would give you high ratings, I would think seriously about claiming TDIU. JMO

Coot

#5 Notorious Kelly

Notorious Kelly

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:20 AM

Congratulations, Sully! Posted Image

#6 Computer Tech

Computer Tech

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

Congratulations on the win.

Rick

#7 Moody

Moody

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

Thats great I have been waiting on my claim for 18 months. My claim is also at the Atlanta RO I hope mine dosent take much longer as I am almost at the end of my rope but reading these stories does help me make it thanks for posting and congrats. if I was you I would also put in for TDIU.

PS it took Atlanta RO like 7 months just to get my C file

#8 sully375

sully375

E-2 Recruit

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

Sully375
Have you ever had a Audiology exam for your hearing.. I see that you are 10% for tinnitus. Often that goes hand and foot with hearing. I put a claim in for my hearing and was award 0% because I did not meet the thresholds. My point is that 0% puts my foot in the door. Prove it now than 10-20 years down the road.
I wish you the best of luck and congrats on the win
Dot

I am rated 0% for hearing loss in left ear.

#9 sully375

sully375

E-2 Recruit

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

Good for you Sully!!!..Did they infer TDIU as well for the 80%? If not, I would definitely claim it. To go from 80 to 100% is going to be pretty tough for you. Right now your rating comes to 81.1% and you will need another 80% to get 96.22 which = 100%. So unless you have other disabilities that would give you high ratings, I would think seriously about claiming TDIU. JMO

Coot

I am not sure about this or what it means, I will need to research. I have a very sweet setup with a job that allows me to work from home so I don't want to do anything that would make me inelligible to work. I am also going to be tested for TBI but I don't think I will come near 80% in any way, shape or form.

Edited by sully375, 08 August 2012 - 07:00 PM.