Search

Help fund HadIt.com. Please note HadIt.com is NOT a non-profit, there is no tax deduction for helping to fund HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC

We have been very lucky since 1997 in being able to fund the site from advertising and my own pocket. Unfortunately my pockets are empty and revenue for the site is down. So if you want to help keep the site funded please use the button below and help fund the site.

Advertise Here

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  cragwex : (15 September 2014 - 10:22 AM) Asking For T & P
@  NeverGiveUp : (14 September 2014 - 01:19 PM) Got Denial Letter From Va On Friday, Having Surgery For Hip This Friday Need Advice
@  Tbird : (13 September 2014 - 02:39 PM) Thank You Notorious
@  Notorious Kelly : (12 September 2014 - 02:52 PM) Happy To See The Donate Button For Hadit. No Pressure If You're Struggling But Give If You Can!
@  vet201060 : (11 September 2014 - 11:49 PM) Got The Dea Letter For Pain Killers Today. Interesting To See How This Actually Effects Us Getting Our Meds
@  bad@57 : (11 September 2014 - 07:07 PM) Hello Vets, Had A Very successful Bva Hearing August 20, 2014. Submitting Final Paperwork To Judge For Decision. Wish Me Luck As I Do All!
@  dereekbanks : (11 September 2014 - 12:49 PM) Still No Letter In The Mail, But I Think I Was Denied. Feeling Depressed!
@  dereekbanks : (11 September 2014 - 12:48 PM) Claim Closed On The 8Th, Its 3 Days Later And Ebenefits Still Shows My Same Old Rating.
@  Rotor Head : (11 September 2014 - 06:20 AM) Remember, The 'e' In Ebennies Stands For Entertainment. :blink:
@  ssgtob1 : (11 September 2014 - 05:14 AM) Got Back In, No Change The Last 10 Times I Checked It :(
@  Notorious Kelly : (10 September 2014 - 07:45 PM) Ebenefits Is Back "up" (But I Can't Do Anything In It) ;)
@  carlie : (10 September 2014 - 05:14 PM) Good - They Should Be Helping The Vets In The Virgin Islands - They Should Be Helping All Vets That Can't Earn A Living Due To Something They Experienced On Active Duty.
@  lcurle : (10 September 2014 - 04:37 PM) I Saw On Va.gov That They Are Helping The Homeless Vets In The Us Virgin Islands....im In!
@  lcurle : (10 September 2014 - 04:35 PM) You Must Be A Patient Man To Check It Only Every 10 Minutes, I Hit F5 Every 3 Seconds!
@  ssgtob1 : (10 September 2014 - 12:45 PM) Ebenefits Is Down :( Now I Cant Check It Every 10 Minutes
@  Gastone : (10 September 2014 - 04:25 AM) Heads Up! The 2013 Cbo Report Big Savings By Taxing Comp And Eliminating Iu Past 65 Starting In 2015. Not A Done Deal, Yet! Yrs Of Age.
@  carlie : (09 September 2014 - 06:12 PM) Dereekbanks - No - That Does Not Mean You Were Denied. They Do Not Update Ebenefits On A Daily Basis.
@  dereekbanks : (09 September 2014 - 05:27 AM) Ebenefits Shows My Claim Closed Yesterday, But My Benefit Letter Looks The Same. Does That Mean I Was Denied?
@  dereekbanks : (09 September 2014 - 05:24 AM) Thanks For The Replies!
@  iceturkee : (08 September 2014 - 02:48 PM) I Just Got My Allowance Less Than A Week After The Disapproved Was Changed To Approved

Photo

I Got It 100% Tdiu P&t

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 MarWar75

MarWar75

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 100%
  • Branch of Service: USMC

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

Whoo Hoo I got it 100% TDIU P&T. Took 14 months from start to finish. Thank you everyone for all the info and support.

Advertise Here

#2 jbasser

jbasser

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6203 posts
  • Interests:Fishing.
  • Service Connected Disability: 100+
  • Branch of Service: USN

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

That is great.

Enjoy it.

Basser

#3 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21831 posts
  • Interests:My Family
  • Branch of Service: USA

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

Congrats very happy for you. As much as I complain about VAMC and VARO they are good at paying and some of the programs they offer are big help.

Enjoy your benefits you earned them.

#4 midnight340

midnight340

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

Congratulations!!!!!

My claim took 17 months for same result.... I kept trying to remember that even if they do screw up 30% of the time (or whatever percentage), that the rest of the time they DO get it right.

Way to go. You deserve it!!!

#5 StreetWalker

StreetWalker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

Congratulations!

Which RO?

#6 MarWar75

MarWar75

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

Thank You All, I don't think it has sunk in yet. My claim was at the Los Angeles RO.

#7 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • 22133 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy researching and debate of claims for
    Clear and Unmistakable Error (C&UE).

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

Big congrats.
Please update your profile.
Check out additional federal and state benefits.
Spend wisely

#8 Notorious Kelly

Notorious Kelly

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1156 posts
  • Branch of Service: USAF

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:13 AM

Bravo MarWar - we're doin the happy dance for ya! Posted Image

#9 trailblazer

trailblazer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Branch of Service: army

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:20 PM

Got a brown envelope today. 50% for PTSD and that put me at 90%. I still have two claims pending, one for depression and one forTDIU. Thanks hadit members for all your help. I could never have got this far without it. Would a moderator change my disability rating, please. For those of you still working your claims, never give up.

#10 PainterBK

PainterBK

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 70%
  • Branch of Service: Army

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:12 AM

Awesome News MarWar !!!
Congrats & Enjoy. Thanks for your service.
Bob K

#11 MarWar75

MarWar75

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:35 AM

Got my white envelope in the mail went from 70% to 90%. I guess when they did my C&P exam for TDIU they increased some of my other compensations.

#12 DOMINIPINO

DOMINIPINO

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 90%
  • Branch of Service: Navy

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

sweet congrats marwar!

#13 DOMINIPINO

DOMINIPINO

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 90%
  • Branch of Service: Navy

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:10 AM

Got my white envelope in the mail went from 70% to 90%. I guess when they did my C&P exam for TDIU they increased some of my other compensations.

sorry i'm new to this still....so congrats all the same but do you have 70, 90, or 100% now?

#14 lostinthailand

lostinthailand

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 70

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:17 PM

Congrats! I'm just starting my own TDIU claim. Do you have any advice on building a winning case? I'm in the middle of filling out Form 21-8940.

I'm a bit concerned because, since I lost my last job in 2011, I haven't applied for another a full-time job. Just some short-term consulting gigs. Also, the full-time job I lost in 2011 was at a company I started and still own. (I had to hire a manager as my replacement)

The only evidence I have is a statement from my Thai doctor saying I'm not able to work due to my disabilities and the fact that I haven't had a full-time job in a few years. The statement is a strong one though. 

Do you mind if ask what other evidence you provided?

Also, did you specifically ask for or in some way claim P&T?

Thanks!

LIT

Edited by lostinthailand, 09 April 2013 - 11:18 PM.

#15 rpowell01

rpowell01

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Interests:Trying to deal with my pain. Everyday, all day. Research, research and more research.
  • Branch of Service: Army

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

MarWar congrats you have earned every bit of that...

lostinthailand....Any letter from a doctor usually holds more weight. Make sure you send in a copy of that with your claim form 21-8940. Also you said you own a company but you had to quit working because of your disabilities? And you hire a manager to take your place? Since you are the owner of the company I don't know how the VA is going to be able to send a form to your employer to fill out because this would be a conflict of interest...They probably won't send it because I don't think they sent one to my last employer, who knows I have medically retired because of my service connected disabilities. This will be a hard case. Maybe JBasser can give you some tips on this.

#16 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • 22133 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy researching and debate of claims for
    Clear and Unmistakable Error (C&UE).

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

lost,

Please start a topic for your info and questions,

as this was a success story being shared.

Older topic now being closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertise Here