Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Tbird : (28 November 2014 - 11:03 AM) Thank You Britton That Means A Lot To Me!
@  arng11 : (26 November 2014 - 11:30 AM) Everyone Enjoy The Holidays And Be Safe.
@  eagle1012004 : (26 November 2014 - 10:10 AM) Have A Happy Thanksgiving All!!!
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 04:54 PM) Tbird Accepted To 2015 Conference: V-Wise: Another Entrepreneurship Project Of The Whitman School Of Management Http://ow.ly/ej9Qg
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 04:13 PM) Arng11 Thank You For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign.
@  britton : (22 November 2014 - 02:57 PM) Thank You Ms T For Starting This Web Site For All Veterans, You Helpd Me And My Family And I'll Be Forever Gratful To You & Hadit.com
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 08:19 AM) Thank You All For Helping With The Funding The Site. It Is Really Helping!
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 08:18 AM) Britton Pm Me And I. Can Check This Out For You
@  britton : (22 November 2014 - 06:44 AM) What Does ''you Missed Your Quota For Postives Votes Today'' Mean??
@  coriemboh : (19 November 2014 - 08:29 AM) Hold Time For Peggy Was Approximately 1 Minute. That Was 17 Minutes Ago. They Really Need To Change This Hold Music.
@  Tbird : (17 November 2014 - 02:42 PM) Stretch Thanks For The Extra Contribution To Our Fundraiser This Month.
@  maxwell18 : (16 November 2014 - 09:04 PM) I Still Have To Bitch About The Navy Hosp Cutting My Meds By 2/3 On My Norco. I Contacted Customer Service Or What Ever You Want To Call It Who In Turn Contacted The Navy Hosp Pensacola Commander Who In Turn Did Nothing. Thanks To All The People That Are Affair Of There Jobs And I Feel That Medical Malpractice Should Come Into Place. I Guess Just Do What Ever They Want To Because They Can, But Don't Give A Sh T For The Vets That Suppose To Being Supporting From All The Military  organizations. This Is Not The Way They Have Been Trained And Promised To Do. 
@  carlie : (16 November 2014 - 11:26 AM) Delayed Onset Tinnitus - Ref To Va Training Letter 10-028 - Link - Http://veteranclaims.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/single-Judge-Application-Va-Training-Letter-10-028-Delayed-Onset-Tinnitus/
@  carlie : (16 November 2014 - 11:03 AM) Here's A Good Tinnitus Link To Check Out From M21-1 Change Dated Jan 10,2014 - Http://veteranclaims.wordpress.com/tag/section-B-Duty-Military-Occupational-Specialty-Mos-Noise-Exposure-Listing-Fast-Letter-10-35-Tinnitus-Hearing-Loss-Vbms-Rating-Decision-Tools/
@  Asiadaug : (16 November 2014 - 02:08 AM) "rolled" Not Ruled! :)
@  Asiadaug : (16 November 2014 - 02:07 AM) Thanks. I Have Seen The Fast Ltr 10-35 And Have Seen Cases Where The Va Has Apparently Agreed That Tinnitus Can Have Delayed Onset. I Did Not In Looking Over The Fast Ltr See Where They Had Ruled 10-028 Into That. And, I Am Not Sure In The Vas Issuance Of ‘policy’ Type Letters How They Might Roll In Previous Instructions Into Newer Ones. Maybe There Is Some Intranet Traceability Capability? I Was Just Curious As There ‘appeared’ To Be Conspicuous Absence Of That 10-028. I Am Assuming 10-028 Was Written In 2010. But It May Be I Should Not Assume Anything.
@  carlie : (15 November 2014 - 05:56 PM) Asiadaug - You Might Be Looking For Fast Letter 10-35, Http://www.hadit.com/forums/topic/40962-Va-Fl-10-35/ Also Check Out This Link To Links For Delayed Onset Tinnitus - They All Refer Back To Fast Letter 10-35, Https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=Chrome-Instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=Utf-8#q=Tinnitus, Delayed Onset, Va Fast Letter
@  Tbird : (15 November 2014 - 07:50 AM) Asiadaug Searched All Over For Va Training Letter 10-028 But No Luck So Far.
@  Asiadaug : (15 November 2014 - 02:12 AM) Several Cases I've Run Across Mention Va Training Letter 10-028 With Apparent Discussion About Delayed Onset Of Tinnitus. I Have Been Unable To Locate That Trng Ltr. Any Suggestions?
@  Tbird : (12 November 2014 - 05:56 PM) Stretch Thanks For Contributing To Our Fundraising Campairg

Photo

My Thoughts On Ebenefits

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22280 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:49 AM

For the record, this post and the information below,is to show some of my
disappointment's with the features,data provided and inaccuracies I find
when accessing ebenefits.

Below is shown under my Compensation & Pension Claim Status on ebenefits.
1) This issue has been under Appeal for well over 10 years.
BVA sent this issue back to the VARO - not under remand but under
instruction to take action on the issue, as if it has never been addressed
or denied, NOD submitted, Decision as a result of DRO Hearing negated to
mention this issue. The issue is listed on my I-9 Substantial Appeal, the issue
is discussed at two separate BVA Hearings . . .
and this is where VBA has it for now - - - as if it is a new claim that was
received on 03/26/2012.
It was of record to have a decision made under BVA's jurisdiction.
BVA negated to acknowledge they legally had jurisdiction on this
issue and just passed the buck back to the VARO.

2) Why in the world at this point does the VARO need to do
"Requested verification of military benefits"?
Does the VARO not already know what military benefits they are
already providing - and if not, then should it take them from
08/06/2012 to 09/05/2012 - to find out ?

The entire process is just plain ludicrous !
JMHO

Details of Your Claim
Claim Received: 03/26/2012
Claim Type: Compensation
Estimated Claim Completion Date: 09/19/2012 to 02/15/2013

Claims Status Process
Skip the Claims Process and go to the current phase.
  • Claim Received

• Under Review
  • Gathering of Evidence
What Do We Still Need From Others?

This is a list of all items that have been requested from 3rd parties.
Items From Date Requested Due Date Posted Image Follow-Up Dates Posted Image Requested verification of military benefits. 08/06/2012 09/05/2012

#2 Vync

Vync

E-9 Master Chief Petty Officer

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1688 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

Sounds like business as usual. The dates I also see on my ebenefits are also jacked up, but not as bad as yours. I don't know if the verification of military benefits is a new status update, as I have never seen it before, but could allude to them admitting they are looking into correcting the dates.

#3 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21895 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

Ebenefits does not work and is not reliable.

#4 SP4RVN1971

SP4RVN1971

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:31 PM

I got my last compensation on Monday for 60% bowel incontenience. Which does not mean nothing. I hope never to see Ebenefit again, i will forget my password!

#5 Hamslice

Hamslice

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:20 PM

Some of you have been at this a lot longer than I have, but here is my 2 cents,

I think they came out with eBenifits as a try at a 3rd party transparency. You can't call eBenifits can you? I believe some steps/stops along the way of a claim, the vets data/progress gets dumped into the database. Some things I see minutes after the person does his or her thing and others can take a month to show. Not everyone can update the database. I think that is why the claim goes backwards a couple of times, some times.

I think it causes a lot more anxiety than they know.

Hamslice

Edited by Hamslice, 08 August 2012 - 03:21 PM.

#6 rpowell01

rpowell01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

The VA is finally moving into the digital technology and like all technologies there will be pros and cons, bugs and fixes to be made. I see where this is leading and I hope they utilize the extra bodies this will be saving in call centers to use those people in the ROs. There is no sense for a person to wait months to years for a claim to be worked on and completed. I feel bad reading people's topics on how they had to wait 2 years for TDIU to be completed but you see others who stuff is "zipping" right through. Pretty bad inconsistency if you ask me.
Whatever is on ebenefits is in their database, so I wouldn't blame ebenefits, blame the employee who placed those dates/numbers in the system.

Edited by rpowell01, 08 August 2012 - 06:53 PM.

#7 71M10

71M10

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1224 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:39 AM

Every time i have used a data point from eBenefits I am told by the VARO or national that the information is wrong.

It claims I have appeals waiting on BVA action - I do not.

It indicates that BVA has made a decision on appeals/claims - they have not!

It won't let me download the applications I have submitted in VONAPP, although it says I can. I ask for a copy via IRIS and I am told I have to FOIA.

They have added a permanent "Warning this data may not be complete" banner in the C&P exam link to give themselves an out when you miss a C&P that they didn't list (we can't get rid of the ole you missed your C&P exam scam now can we).

The system creates phantom claims that will place your c-file in a hold so it doesn't go to BVA because you have unadjudicated claims at the RO.

Every news release from the VA on eBenefits is touting how great a system it is but, other than the log in, I cant find a part of it that works 100% properly.

Best regards,

#8 rpowell01

rpowell01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:18 PM

I do agree that there are issues but I think they will be worked out soon. I know it shows I have a something with the BVA and thats because of my NOD with De Novo Review I filed. I think this is still part of the BVA process so if you have any NODs this is how I think it shows up.

#9 USMC5811

USMC5811

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

Just like everyone else I've had problems with ebenefits , but I have not had the account as long as most here. IF the person submitting the data into the system is knowledgeable and is actually able to upload correct information into the system in a timely manner...then it would be a really good thing. The concept of ebenefits is good....but currently the information leaves much to be desired as far as accuracy and timeliness of the data. We've seen several vets on the board that were able to access the letters (AB8 etc) BEFORE receiving the brown/white envelope in the mail - that's definitely a plus. We have also seen where the system has just added more undue stress to vets that they definitely do not need or want. A system or internet site is only as good as the person inputting the data into it. I really hope they get this right soon.

I have filled out and submitted several surveys in regards to ebenefits (they tend to pop-up while using the system) in hopes that someone is actually reading them and will fix the problems that have been noted. I hope others do the same.

Whoever is inputting the data for my RO (NC) seems to be pretty accurate as well as timely in regards to logging information requests (requests for copy of C&P's, dependent updates etc and information received from doctors/hospitals as well as from me). I try to just ignore the completion date information because it changes so much.

The really frustrating part of ebenefits is - that I know that in general it is not accurate....but I can't help looking anyway. I've finally gotten down to looking at the site one time a week versus everyday......unless of course I submitted something or requested something then I'll look after USPS lets me know they have signed for the request/info to see if it is annotated on ebenefits - then I print it out for my files.

My husband claim just moved backwards in the timeline...from Review of Evidence to Gathering Evidence, but I'm thinking we caused this by sending in a rebuttal (DBQ) for one of the C&P reports. The day it shows they signed for the info.....the next day it moved back.

#10 Papa

Papa

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

This is really very simple, when you input crap, the output will be crap. JMHO

Papa