Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  red : (24 October 2014 - 10:10 AM) Any News On Space A Flying?
@  Tbird : (23 October 2014 - 05:07 PM) Correction Jan 20. 2015 Will Be Hadit.com's 18 Year Anniversary
@  Tbird : (23 October 2014 - 11:38 AM) Jan 20, 2015 Will Be Hadit.com's 19 Year Anniversary, That's Amazing.
@  britton : (23 October 2014 - 08:14 AM) I Got It Tbird Thank You
@  Tbird : (22 October 2014 - 05:26 AM) Britton Sent You A Pm
@  britton : (21 October 2014 - 10:05 PM) Tbird, I Sent A Donation To Hadit Via Pay Pal...i Hope You Got It?
@  raven316 : (21 October 2014 - 01:59 PM) Glasses
@  iceturkee : (20 October 2014 - 06:50 AM) Good Luck Plum
@  Notorious Kelly : (19 October 2014 - 06:32 AM) I Wish You All The Best With That, Plum!
@  me.plum : (18 October 2014 - 01:09 PM) Hearing For Bva 11-19 At 8:30 Wow!!! Thanks Everyone!!!
@  Tbird : (18 October 2014 - 12:30 PM) Buckeye46 Thank For Contributing Our Fund Raiser
@  Notorious Kelly : (17 October 2014 - 02:11 PM) Impressive Site, Kimmy. I Bookmarked. Thanks! :)
@  Kimmy : (17 October 2014 - 08:31 AM) I Recently Discover The Site. It Is Very Detailed With Info On Conditions And Ratings.
@  Kimmy : (17 October 2014 - 08:28 AM) Has Anyone Here Been To This Site? Http://www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/
@  Tbird : (17 October 2014 - 08:06 AM) Snake Eyes Thank You For Remembering Us. Congratulations On Your Retro.
@  Snake Eyes : (16 October 2014 - 07:04 PM) Thinking Of Donating A Portion Of My Retro On Next Claim. Smaller Amount Coming Beginning Of November. Thanks For The Good Work!
@  britton : (13 October 2014 - 06:13 AM) Hi There T Bird Shout Backatcha
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 06:04 AM) Britton Ahoy There Matey Give You A Shout Out Back
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 06:00 AM) Thank You Michael M For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign
@  Tbird : (13 October 2014 - 05:57 AM) Thank You Elliot K For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign

Photo
- - - - -

Withdrew A Claim

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 justrluk

justrluk

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

So after 5 months of having a 'ghost' claim on eBenefits (error when you try to open it, my VSO, "Peggy" and others cannot see what the contentions are) I requested to withdraw the claim I didn't submit. I can't see wasting time on something like this or having it hold up my appeals/DRO review any longer. Since I didn't submit it, though, I don't know if I shot myself in the foot or did myself a favor. I guess since no one could tell me what the claim was for, it really doesn't matter much now.

#2 deanbrt

deanbrt

• 769 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

this happened to me and I had to really work to get it closed. It can hold everything else up.

#3 justrluk

justrluk

• 826 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

deanbrt - I truly think this is what's going on. No motion on anything because of something I didn't file. How long did it take you to get it closed?

#4 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22180 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

I guess since no one could tell me what the claim was for, it really doesn't matter much now.

Well - at least let's hope not : - )

#5 deanbrt

deanbrt

• 769 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

3 months and I don't know how many faxes to the RO. And then it popped up again and It took me another month and a 1/2. It was all all a stall to keep my appeal from going to BVA where I was granted within 6 weeks

#6 carlie

carlie

• Admin
  • 22180 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:29 AM

3 months and I don't know how many faxes to the RO. And then it popped up again and It took me another month and a 1/2. It was all all a stall to keep my appeal from going to BVA where I was granted within 6 weeks

dean,
Did you pass GO and collect everything yet?

#7 deanbrt

deanbrt

• 769 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

Yes. I could see the award through Ebenfits online July 13th (Friday the 13th. Posted Image ) through the AB8 and, more importantly, the Commissary letter that detailed 100% P&T, no further examinations scheduled. The letter arrived Monday the 16th and the retro was deposited Wednesday the 18th.

A number of things happened that convince me the Office of Case management and my Senator may have sped things. I know I received a call Wednesday July 11 from a coach at the VARO asking if I had contacted Washington and my senator. I said yes to which she replied she had personally pulled my c file from the floor and that a rating would be made within the next 12 days.

Two claims for peripheral neuropathy and carpal tunnel that I had never initiated but, rather, sent in as additional evidence for my appeal for IU that was to have gone to BVA in February but had remained at the VARO were cancelled. In fairness, I told the coach that I never had submitted them as claims. My rating was increased to 80% and IU granted.

It did bother me that the coach said they liked to bundle all of the claims and appeals together, which said to me my BVA granted appeal for secondary awaiting rating and my appeal for IU making its way to BVA could have languished for months, if not more, while the claims i submitted as new evidence but not claims made their way through the process.

Liz and I paid off all of our debts and have not done much more. When you can;t do much about it you try to ignore the debt and it was not until we started to write checks that we fully realized how much it was.....

#8 justrluk

justrluk

• 826 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

@ Carlie - I had to take a leap of faith. After waiting 5 months for no response, I couldn't take the anxiety any more. If it was anything worth while, I'll deal with it after the rest of the active issues are over.

@ deanbrt - good that you managed to get your issues resolved and restore what dignity you deserve.

#9 carlie

carlie

• Admin
  • 22180 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

Yes. I could see the award through Ebenfits online July 13th (Friday the 13th. Posted Image ) through the AB8 and, more importantly, the Commissary letter that detailed 100% P&T, no further examinations scheduled. The letter arrived Monday the 16th and the retro was deposited Wednesday the 18th.

A number of things happened that convince me the Office of Case management and my Senator may have sped things. I know I received a call Wednesday July 11 from a coach at the VARO asking if I had contacted Washington and my senator. I said yes to which she replied she had personally pulled my c file from the floor and that a rating would be made within the next 12 days.

Two claims for peripheral neuropathy and carpal tunnel that I had never initiated but, rather, sent in as additional evidence for my appeal for IU that was to have gone to BVA in February but had remained at the VARO were cancelled. In fairness, I told the coach that I never had submitted them as claims. My rating was increased to 80% and IU granted.

It did bother me that the coach said they liked to bundle all of the claims and appeals together, which said to me my BVA granted appeal for secondary awaiting rating and my appeal for IU making its way to BVA could have languished for months, if not more, while the claims i submitted as new evidence but not claims made their way through the process.

Liz and I paid off all of our debts and have not done much more. When you can;t do much about it you try to ignore the debt and it was not until we started to write checks that we fully realized how much it was.....

So glad the cash hit and you're knocking out some bills.
This is truly, a life changing event.

#10 deanbrt

deanbrt

• 769 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

It is a trial of faith that will take years but can be won if you are willing to gut it out.....

Never give up.....

#11 justrluk

justrluk

• 826 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:24 AM

You are so right.

#12 justrluk

justrluk

• 826 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

Update: now gone from C&P tab of eBenefits, with appeal possible. It states that notification has been sent, so maybe I'll finally find out what it was for!