Search

Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup
@  babyray : (21 August 2014 - 07:15 AM) Dc
@  rootbeer22 : (20 August 2014 - 02:19 PM) Buddy Statements
@  IraqVet : (19 August 2014 - 07:02 PM) Anyone Recieveing Letters From Vfw To Applay For Tricare And Campava Supplimantal Insurance When You Do Not Have 100% Yet....mines Pending But I Wonder If They Know Something I Dont
@  Detonator : (19 August 2014 - 10:51 AM) Insomnia
@  jbasser : (18 August 2014 - 08:29 PM) Folks, Dont Miss The Hadit Radio Show Wed At 1Pm Eastern. The Basser Hour.
@  Thadine : (18 August 2014 - 12:23 PM) Nod
@  carlie : (18 August 2014 - 08:37 AM) Notapb1 - Might Get More Replies If You Post The Questions Into The Forums.
@  notapb1 : (18 August 2014 - 07:26 AM) Looking For Feedback. I Have Applied For Iu. Was Told To Come In For A Psych Eval And Diabetes Clinic. Received A Call From Va They Were Cancelling The Psych Eval As The Doc(?) Who Did It In March(Ptsd Increase) Was Asked For His Opinion And He Was Going To Submit That. This Is The Same Individual Who Told Me Off The Record About Iu And To Contact My Service Officer. Sounds Positive To Me, But I May Be A Little Bias. Thoughts?
@  waltbarb : (16 August 2014 - 08:35 PM) Appeal
@  MarkInTexas : (16 August 2014 - 04:49 PM) Just Testing This "shout" Thing....... Have A Great Weekend Everybody!
@  Notorious Kelly : (16 August 2014 - 04:40 PM) I Reset Firefox And Now Can Read- Probably Kok Issue (Kitties On The Keyboard)
@  Notorious Kelly : (16 August 2014 - 04:25 PM) I Couldn't Read Posts So I Changed Theme To Ipboard Mobile. Now I Can Read And It Says Hadit Custom
@  carlie : (16 August 2014 - 03:32 PM) Raymondb50 - Probably Better To Post Your Question To The Board.
@  carlie : (16 August 2014 - 03:15 PM) Raymondbb50 - What Is It That You Want ?
@  raymondb50 : (15 August 2014 - 09:47 PM) How Do I Change Member Title And Group Info In My Profile?
@  carlie : (15 August 2014 - 08:37 PM) Just Saying Hi To All
@  WoundedWarrior : (14 August 2014 - 08:50 AM) Got Unofficial Word From The Vso - Unofficially Approved For Tdiu, Effective Date 6/3/2014
@  mrmark1999 : (13 August 2014 - 06:23 PM) Ok When You Call The 1800 # You Feel Like They Allways Have Heavy Call Volume
@  Notorious Kelly : (13 August 2014 - 06:08 AM) Hi Autumn - Those Links Aren't Working Thru Shoutbox; Maybe In A Regular Post. Thanks!
@  autumn : (12 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) Http://bit.ly/1Ojvi2B : Why Would A Doctor With A Sense Of Integrity And Really Good Medical Quals Want To Work At This Thug Org? Central Office Ties Their Hands Too Boot.

Photo

Does Anyone Have Any Idea What Development Letter Sent Means?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Inthewind

Inthewind

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 100%
  • Branch of Service: Army

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:11 AM

My claim was closed yesterday and in eBenefits in updates it says:
Appeal is Possible
Decision Notification Sent
Development Letter Sent <------ Does anyone know what this letter is included for? What it may say, or it's purpose?

I've done some searching on HADIT but every mention is just text copy pasted into a paragraph not Germaine to asking what the letter means/says.

So, if anyone has one, or has recently seen one I'd be greatful if you could post a small brief explanation.

I went from 50% to 100% P&T.

Thanks!

Advertise Here

#2 relpats

relpats

E-3 Seaman

• Third Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 70%
  • Branch of Service: USAF

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

Yep, the development letter explains in detail what evidence they considered to arive at the decisions. It's like a long version of the Decision Letter (which somes it all up and gives you disability percentages, payment start dates, ect.). If already a 50% look at your first award package and you can see the difference.

#3 Chuck75

Chuck75

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1434 posts
  • Branch of Service: USN

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:10 AM

Strange that E Benefits thing!
Anyway, the development letters sent to me were not much more than acknowledgement of the claim(s),
and a generic "we need all the evidence", even when they already had it.
There was no way to know if they really wanted/needed a specific piece of evidence from the letter.
There also may be a clause that says you may elect to tell them to adjucate the claim with the evidence on hand.

#4 Inthewind

Inthewind

• PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

So basically, I went from 50 to 100% and they didn't use everything in my claim to get there and there's still issues they haven't completely adjudicated yet? So they may be asking for additional information to complete them?

Weird.

#5 71M10

71M10

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • 1224 posts
  • Branch of Service: USA

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

Actually, what it may mean is that when they were rating your claim they noticed a development letter had not been sent (did you receive one?). They send it out so that they can say a development letter had been sent as part of processing your claim. My guess is it is a checklist item that they discovered they had not done, and they didn't hold your claim up waiting for a response since your decision was clearly favorable.

Just my guess as to what is going on.

Best regards,

#6 Chuck75

Chuck75

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 1434 posts
  • Branch of Service: USN

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:24 AM

So basically, I went from 50 to 100% and they didn't use everything in my claim to get there and there's still issues they haven't completely adjudicated yet? So they may be asking for additional information to complete them?

Weird.

It's really hard to tell. Once they award 100%, any sense of urgency seems to be lost. I've heard remarks that were basically
Well, you were awarded 100%, what else do you want? (Ignoring the possibility that SMC, A&A, etc. might also be appropriate.
The famous one is the VA's reluctance to award or even consider TDIU, unless a veteran specifically claims it.

#7 Inthewind

Inthewind

• PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

Yeah, I'm not really interested in TDIU because I'm working, it's keeping me busy, and it hasn't become an issue yet. I'll go down that road if/when the need arises. Thanks to all for the comments.

#8 markass530

markass530

E-2 Recruit

• New User Review
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 30
  • Branch of Service: USN , USA

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:17 PM

hey how did you find out you got upgraded? Do you have to wait for a letter?

#9 Inthewind

Inthewind

• PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

It came in the form of a rating decision.

#10 ComputerGeek46

ComputerGeek46

• PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Biblical Languages classical greek studies and theology and staying out of the dog house with my wife

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:46 AM

markass530
I first learned of the rating via ebenefits the development letters and such as for the actual decision I had to wait for the brown packet

#11 MarkInTexas

MarkInTexas

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Genealogy; History; Family, Country Living
  • Service Connected Disability: 10%
  • Branch of Service: USAF

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

It came in the form of a rating decision.

Inthewind, this is completely off topic, but........omg......what kind of cat is that in your profile pic? It stares through my soul!

Mark

#12 Inthewind

Inthewind

• PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:17 PM

Inthewind, this is completely off topic, but........omg......what kind of cat is that in your profile pic? It stares through my soul!

Mark

She's a Sphynx and she is the most loving living thing in the world!

#13 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22008 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy researching and debate of claims for
    Clear and Unmistakable Error (C&UE).
  • Service Connected Disability: 100+

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:41 AM

My claim was closed yesterday and in eBenefits in updates it says:
Appeal is Possible
Decision Notification Sent
Development Letter Sent <------ Does anyone know what this letter is included for? What it may say, or it's purpose?

I've done some searching on HADIT but every mention is just text copy pasted into a paragraph not Germaine to asking what the letter means/says.

So, if anyone has one, or has recently seen one I'd be greatful if you could post a small brief explanation.

I went from 50% to 100% P&T.

Thanks!

Just a quick 20 bucks worth, on the "Appeal is Possible" part.
Many things can be appealed, evaluation for a given disability, effective dates, etc...

#14 bhoward422

bhoward422

• PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:82nd Airborne Artillery Ft. Bragg N.C. All The Way!
  • Service Connected Disability: 10%
  • Branch of Service: usa

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:17 PM

Actually, what it may mean is that when they were rating your claim they noticed a development letter had not been sent (did you receive one?). They send it out so that they can say a development letter had been sent as part of processing your claim. My guess is it is a checklist item that they discovered they had not done, and they didn't hold your claim up waiting for a response since your decision was clearly favorable.

Just my guess as to what is going on.

Best regards,

Yes this is my thing my claim was at the rater pending decision approval and I did not receive a development letter as of yet is this is what you are saying?

#15 Berta

Berta

HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• SVR
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28584 posts
  • Interests:tactical warfare student- AMU
    gardening
    fishing
    Oriental home design
    organic cleaning tips
    Capt Adoph Von Shell-interested in any info at all!
    German Commander (WWI)lectured to the US Army after the war on warfare-- PTSD - tactics etc-and Leadership
    The Pullers-Chesty and Lewis (USMC)
    chocolate brownies
    anything at all regarding Vietnam
    the failure of the Maginot Line (WWII)
    Trench warfare
    anything amphibious

Led Zepplin, Bob Dylan, Sting, Al Green, Mozart, Classical guitar,Moog synthesizer, Eminem,Janis Joplin,
    Michael Jackson, Teddy Pendergast, Mongo Santamaria,
    Cal Tjader, Miles Davis, AmerIndian battle chants,
    Hendrix,etc etc etc
    Pho and nuc mam dinners
  • Service Connected Disability: widow of 2 vets, 2 HD each and mother of USAF vet-my daughter

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

Congrats! Inthewind!!!!!!

And Carlie made a GOOD point.  Appeals can be made on award letters as to EED, ratings etc etc....as well as on denials.

#16 deville905

deville905

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 9 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 40

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

Yeah, I just posted my letter a few minutes ago. It said the same thing as yours, but it could be different. 

#17 ejfrank

ejfrank

E-3 Seaman

• New User Review
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 50%
  • Branch of Service: usa

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:12 AM

Each time a claim moves through the eight steps on ebeni you are mailed a development letter . It is a form letter stating your case is being worked on.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertise Here