Search

Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup
@  artlouis : (27 August 2014 - 11:36 AM) Code 7019
@  vet201060 : (26 August 2014 - 11:41 PM) Damn Post It Notes
@  vet201060 : (26 August 2014 - 11:41 PM) True That
@  Asiadaug : (26 August 2014 - 07:46 PM) I Have Yet To Deal With Any Piece Of Va That Isn't A Dysfunctional Mess...ebenefits, Claim Filing, Billing...and To Think Our Tax Dollars Are Used To Perpetuate That Calamity!
@  carlie : (26 August 2014 - 05:39 PM) notorious kelly - loved your shout ! ! !
@  GlassRose1500 : (26 August 2014 - 03:40 PM) Would Someone Add Smc Housbound Plus Smc A&a Regular And One Smc K For Me? I Can't Seem To Do That Math!
@  Notorious Kelly : (26 August 2014 - 03:12 PM) Ebenefits Is Not A Thermometer In The Rectum Of Your Claim; It Is A Post-It Note That May Or Not Be Updated Or Accurate. Try Not To Obsess ;)
@  mcassidy : (26 August 2014 - 01:25 PM) Osa
@  Jaluluah11B : (26 August 2014 - 10:05 AM) My Reconsideration Finally Showed Up On Ebenefits As A New Claim.  gathering Evidence.  [font=Arial][size=3]Automated 5103 Notice Response Needed. [/size][/font]
@  vet201060 : (26 August 2014 - 10:00 AM) Went From Pending Decision Approval To Review Of Evidence Today, I Need To Stop Looking At It. Drives You Crazy Waiting
@  GlassRose1500 : (25 August 2014 - 09:30 PM) @coriemboh I Get My Best Claim Advice Here, But My Dav Guy Gets The Best Intel Once The Claim Is Filed
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 08:57 PM) The Average Processing Time Is 9 Months More Or Less. Every Time I Call The 800#, I Get A Different Answer. Goe, Roe....make Up Your Mind!
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 08:56 PM) I Just Want To Know Ballpark Figure Of How Much Longer My Claim Will Take. The Bills Are Piling Up. Adds To My Anxiety And Depression. Sure Wish I Could Tell Bill Collectors The Same Things Va Tells Me!
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 08:54 PM) @glassrose1500-No, I Don't. I Put In For Representation A Few Days Ago, But I'm Sure That End Won't Pan Out Until The Claim Is Closed.
@  GlassRose1500 : (25 August 2014 - 12:11 PM) Would Appreciate Feedback On My Smc Draft - Posted In The Smc Section! Tkx!
@  GlassRose1500 : (25 August 2014 - 12:04 PM) @coriemboh - Do You Have A Service Rep You Can Call? They Usually Have More Info...
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 11:16 AM) Called The 800 # To Check Status Of Claim. Really Frustrated With The Lack Of Information.
@  vet201060 : (25 August 2014 - 10:12 AM) Just Checked Ebenefits And Claim Was Pending Decision Approval And Then Checked Few Minutes After That And Now Prep For Decision. Drives Me Crazy
@  coriemboh : (24 August 2014 - 10:00 PM) Anyone Else Having A Hard Time With Evet Updates? Mine Is Taking Forever!
@  SSG O : (23 August 2014 - 08:03 PM) Love This Site

Photo
- - - - -

Insomnia Secondary To Tinnitus

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Two Echo

Two Echo

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

Need some advice on two subjects; I want to run this past you guys before I fill. I don't want to fill a claim with little chance of winning just to make the backlog even longer.

My first question is, can Insomnia be linked to Tinnitus? As soon as I got back from Iraq I couldn't sleep because of my Tinnitus. The Tinnitus was obviously untreatable, but while on active duty I was placed on Ambien. Soon thereafter I came off active duty. I was awarded 10% for the Tinnitus which got me into the VA system. Since I've been treated for the last year at the VA I spent 4 months on Ambien, and have recently switched to Trazadone. I mean even with the fans blowing and the TV on softly I can still hear it, and its driving me crazy, Luckily, because of the medications I'm able to atleast get 4 or 5 hours of sleep before the ringing wakes me up.

Does this sound like a valid claim that I have a chance of winning, because I don't want to fish for percentages. All I know is I never had problems sleeping until the Tinnitus came about. I had problems sleeping overseas because of it, and have had it since I came back in 09.

-----

Second question is about Hypertension. I was awarded 10%. Back then I had a history of increasing dosages of the same medication, Lisinopril. A year after my rating, I'm on Lisinopril plus Propranolol (perscribed by the VA) to keep things under control. With these medications I'm within normal ranges, but without them my numbers hit the 20% mark. Do I stand a chance to get a 10% increase?

-----

Finally, do either of these have a chance, or should I hold off? I don't want to contribute to the backlog for claims that will eventually be denied.

Advertise Here

#2 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21803 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

Never heard it done but forst would need to have a MD say that there is such a link.

Good Luck

#3 Two Echo

Two Echo

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

Never heard it done but forst would need to have a MD say that there is such a link.

Good Luck

Would a VA doctor do?

#4 Two Echo

Two Echo

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

Second question is about Hypertension. I was awarded 10%. Back then I had a history of increasing dosages of the same medication, Lisinopril. A year after my rating, I'm on Lisinopril plus Propranolol (perscribed by the VA) to keep things under control. With these medications I'm within normal ranges, but without them my numbers hit the 20% mark. Do I stand a chance to get a 10% increase?

Also, does this justify a worsening of the condition?

#5 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21803 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

I don't know the ratings they give for high blood pressure but the amount of medication may come into play.

Keep and eye on Lisinopril the VA likes to give it cause it is cheap but many develop a hacking dry cough from it and need to find something else. The VA has me written up as allergic to Lisnopril so they no longer give it to me.

Advertise Here