Photo
- - - - -

Discharge By Reason Of Unsuitability.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Josephine

Josephine

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 01:26 PM

Just me again and thanks so much for your help.

I have the original paper signed by the Personnel Officer and also signed by me and dated - ( this paper is not in my administrative records and was introduced into the BVA as administrative records never acquired by Va.

21-May 64:

Discharged with HONORABLE DISCHARGE by reason of unsuitability.
Is not recommended for reenlistment. AUTH: BuPers Manual.
Article C-10310 and BuPers 1tr Pers- 321-TS-ksc dated 14 April 1964.
Honorable discharge Certificate ( DD 256N0 and Button, Certificate of Service Card (DD 217N), and Armed forces of the United States Report of Transfer of Discharge ( DD 214) issued.
Signed by Lt. K and Myself and dated.

Can the commanding Officer sneak around and give me a code 460 of Emotional Instability Reaction without my knowledge on my DD - 214 ?

I know that he did it, but, does it hold up ?

I know that there is a separate spin code for Unsuitability and why don't I have that one on my DD-214?

Why wouldn't there a copy of the above sheet in my administrative records from the archives.

Thanks so much,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine, 16 December 2006 - 04:35 PM.

#2 Philip Rogers

Philip Rogers

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 4001 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 02:13 PM

I have the original paper signed by the Personnel Officer and also signed by me and dated - ( this paper is not in my administrative records and was introduced into the BVA as administrative records never acquired by Va.

21-May 64:

Honorable discharge Certificate ( DD 256N0 and Button, Certificate of Service Card (DD 217N), and Armed forces of the United States Report of Transfer of Discharge ( DD 214) issued.

Can the commanding Officer sneak around and give me a code 460 of Emotional Instability Reaction without my knowledge on my DD - 214 ?

I know that there is a separate spin code for Unsuitability and why don't I have that one on my DD-214?

Why wouldn't there a copy of the above sheet in my administrative records from the archives.

Thanks so much,

Josephine

I think SPN codes were found to be illegal, back in the 70's, because they were arbitrary.

pr

#3 Josephine

Josephine

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 3431 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 02:21 PM

I think SPN codes were found to be illegal, back in the 70's, because they were arbitrary.

pr

Phillip,

This took place in 1964.

The spin codes are for the pits!

Thanks,

Josephine

#4 Philip Rogers

Philip Rogers

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 4001 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 02:36 PM

Phillip,

This took place in 1964.

The spin codes are for the pits!

Thanks,

Josephine

Josephine - I know when it took place. They continued SPN codes until late 60's, early 70's, when I think they were found illegal and must be stricken from the records. I think they veteran has to request their removal.

pr

#5 Josephine

Josephine

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 3431 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 02:57 PM

Josephine - I know when it took place. They continued SPN codes until late 60's, early 70's, when I think they were found illegal and must be stricken from the records. I think they veteran has to request their removal.

pr

Phillip,

If you have it removed from your discharge, can the Va. use it against you for service connected benefits?

The Va is using the spin code of emotional instability as my reason for discharge.

They are not considering the paper that I signed Unsuitability.

Thanks,

Josephine

#6 Philip Rogers

Philip Rogers

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 4001 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 02:59 PM

pr

Looks like I'm in error. I did a little checking and apparently they still use them (from what I can find) but you can have them removed from the DD214, so the public doesn't see them. Sorry for the error.

pr

#7 Josephine

Josephine

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 3431 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 03:02 PM

21-May 64:

Thanks so much,

Josephine

Phillip,

No problem.

Have a good one!!

Josephine

Edited by Josephine, 16 December 2006 - 04:38 PM.

#8 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22380 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 04:52 PM

Josephine

Did you file for service connection within one year of discharge?

#9 Josephine

Josephine

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 3431 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 05:28 PM

Josephine

Did you file for service connection within one year of discharge?

John 999,

No, sure wish that I had. According to Dr Muller the Va Psychologist, I came under the presumptive period.

I didn't file until 1978.

I only did it then, as a friend kept telling me to do it.

I do not have anything in writing, but Lt K, told me if I took the early discharge, that I would be a disgrace and would be giving up all of my G. I benefits.

The Navy considers this counseling. I don't.

Naive at 19, I believed him.

Thanks,

Josephine

#10 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22380 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 05:56 PM

Josephine

I think the fact you did not file within one year is the reason you are having so much trouble getting them to accept the anxiety and depression claims. You have the evidence in your file but many years passed between the time you go out and the time you filed. Still, I don't think it is impossible since you can show that you have continuity of symptoms. PTSD is an anxiety disorder that originates from in-service stressors and may not really consitute a disability until years later. Also, when the VA tags you with a personality disorder you get a double whammy. I would not debate the personality disorder but try to show the anxiety and depression are superimposed on it. I got out on unsuitability after 28 months and a two month stay in the hospital because the Army was sick of me and wanted me out. I was having these anxiety attacks and the Army was treating it like a discipline problem. I filed for service connection due to the fact I spent two weeks in the VA nuthouse when I got out of the Army and someone convinced me to file. It was not really my idea as I was too crazy to think or care about it at the time.

#11 Josephine

Josephine

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 3431 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 06:29 PM

Josephine

I think the fact you did not file within one year is the reason you are having so much trouble getting them to accept the anxiety and depression claims. You have the evidence in your file but many years passed between the time you go out and the time you filed. Still, I don't think it is impossible since you can show that you have continuity of symptoms. PTSD is an anxiety disorder that originates from in-service stressors and may not really consitute a disability until years later. Also, when the VA tags you with a personality disorder you get a double whammy. I would not debate the personality disorder but try to show the anxiety and depression are superimposed on it. I got out on unsuitability after 28 months and a two month stay in the hospital because the Army was sick of me and wanted me out. I was having these anxiety attacks and the Army was treating it like a discipline problem. I filed for service connection due to the fact I spent two weeks in the VA nuthouse when I got out of the Army and someone convinced me to file. It was not really my idea as I was too crazy to think or care about it at the time.

John,

I question why I re-filed in 2002.

Fear consumes my every day. I am so afraid of the Va. I can hardly stand to speak to anyone on the telephone.

I will tell you the same thing as I told Dr Muller, "maturity did not have a thing to do with how I felt of dying in that pool."

As I told the BVA, it will die when I do.

Those two psychiatrist with their Hxxxxxxx took me back to that old pool and I cannot get the thing out of my mind.

I wish that I knew everything that they said to me. I can't remember it all.

Some think that I am crazy, but I am not!

It will be over soon.

Always and thanks,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine, 16 December 2006 - 06:46 PM.