Welcome!

Sign In or Register to post to our forums. Registration not required to read and search our forums.

HadIt.com Podcast Click Here Live and Archived Shows

Photo
- - - - -

Spinal Stenosis

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 huskerfanfl

huskerfanfl

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:22 AM

I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis 3 years ago, 7 months before I retired. The VA listed this as degenerative arthritis (10%) on the explanation of my case. Degenerative Disk Disease is one of the causes of spinal stenosis, and I do have one degenerative disk. Is it a big deal that they listed what they did instead of the spanial stenosisis. Secondly, I am now having pain going down both elgs as a result of the spinal stenosis. I have been through physical therapy and the pain got worse. Yesterday, I had another MRI done and suspect I will be sent to a neurosurgeon. I currently have a claim for increaseed compensation pending although it is not being worked on because I filed a notice of disagreement for my initial rating and that is being settled first. Would I claim the pain caused by the spinal stenosis seperately? When I had my intial physical, I told the examiner about the sciatic nerve pain in the right leg and this was ignored.

#2 huskerfanfl

huskerfanfl

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 12:43 PM

Rickb54,

It does indeed answer my questions. I should be seeing the neroulogist in the next couple of weeks and will request that test.