Search

Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup
@  carlie : (30 August 2014 - 06:27 PM) Vet211060 - I Guess They're Not That Shameful After All : - ) Congrats On Some Positive Adjudication
@  vet201060 : (30 August 2014 - 04:24 PM) Dav Sent Letter Saying I Am 100% Effective Oct 2013
@  MarkInTexas : (30 August 2014 - 12:35 PM) Wish There Was A "like" Button For Some Of These Comments.......
@  MarkInTexas : (30 August 2014 - 12:26 PM) Amen To That!
@  vet201060 : (28 August 2014 - 09:55 PM) Va Is So Shameful!!
@  artlouis : (27 August 2014 - 11:36 AM) Code 7019
@  vet201060 : (26 August 2014 - 11:41 PM) Damn Post It Notes
@  vet201060 : (26 August 2014 - 11:41 PM) True That
@  Asiadaug : (26 August 2014 - 07:46 PM) I Have Yet To Deal With Any Piece Of Va That Isn't A Dysfunctional Mess...ebenefits, Claim Filing, Billing...and To Think Our Tax Dollars Are Used To Perpetuate That Calamity!
@  carlie : (26 August 2014 - 05:39 PM) notorious kelly - loved your shout ! ! !
@  GlassRose1500 : (26 August 2014 - 03:40 PM) Would Someone Add Smc Housbound Plus Smc A&a Regular And One Smc K For Me? I Can't Seem To Do That Math!
@  Notorious Kelly : (26 August 2014 - 03:12 PM) Ebenefits Is Not A Thermometer In The Rectum Of Your Claim; It Is A Post-It Note That May Or Not Be Updated Or Accurate. Try Not To Obsess ;)
@  mcassidy : (26 August 2014 - 01:25 PM) Osa
@  Jaluluah11B : (26 August 2014 - 10:05 AM) My Reconsideration Finally Showed Up On Ebenefits As A New Claim.  gathering Evidence.  [font=Arial][size=3]Automated 5103 Notice Response Needed. [/size][/font]
@  vet201060 : (26 August 2014 - 10:00 AM) Went From Pending Decision Approval To Review Of Evidence Today, I Need To Stop Looking At It. Drives You Crazy Waiting
@  GlassRose1500 : (25 August 2014 - 09:30 PM) @coriemboh I Get My Best Claim Advice Here, But My Dav Guy Gets The Best Intel Once The Claim Is Filed
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 08:57 PM) The Average Processing Time Is 9 Months More Or Less. Every Time I Call The 800#, I Get A Different Answer. Goe, Roe....make Up Your Mind!
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 08:56 PM) I Just Want To Know Ballpark Figure Of How Much Longer My Claim Will Take. The Bills Are Piling Up. Adds To My Anxiety And Depression. Sure Wish I Could Tell Bill Collectors The Same Things Va Tells Me!
@  coriemboh : (25 August 2014 - 08:54 PM) @glassrose1500-No, I Don't. I Put In For Representation A Few Days Ago, But I'm Sure That End Won't Pan Out Until The Claim Is Closed.
@  GlassRose1500 : (25 August 2014 - 12:11 PM) Would Appreciate Feedback On My Smc Draft - Posted In The Smc Section! Tkx!

Photo
- - - - -

Flat Feet

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Yong

Yong

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:20 PM

I was diognosed with flat feet condition moderate to severe asymtomatic when I join the army twenty years age.
My physical before retirement states that I have severe flat feet asymtomatic.
Can this be claim?

Advertise Here

#2 Objee

Objee

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:37 PM

I was diognosed with flat feet condition moderate to severe asymtomatic when I join the army twenty years age.
My physical before retirement states that I have severe flat feet asymtomatic.
Can this be claim?

Are you symptomatic (foot pain) now? If not (you're still asymptomatic) probably not. Since you had moderate to severe pes planus on induction and it's severe now, but if without any pain, you don't have an aggravation. I take it that you haven't had
any medical teatments between discharge and now? (Prosthetics, like the Thompson-heeled shoes are a medical treatment.)

Ralph

#3 cowgirl

cowgirl

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1983 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 01:55 AM

Read this with interest. Several entries in my military medical records attend to my flat feet/varicose veins edema problems that were on again/off again chronic conditions on active duty. Am treated by VA with orthotic inserts/support hose now every six months. May have applied for flat feet disability compensation upon reitrement years ago, wonder if I have chance to "re-apply" now, wasnt represented very well at all and have been going at issues with help of Hadit family - "Go Team!" Again, just wondering if I have a chance - thanks.cg

#4 Objee

Objee

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 02:30 PM

Read this with interest. Several entries in my military medical records attend to my flat feet/varicose veins edema problems that were on again/off again chronic conditions on active duty. Am treated by VA with orthotic inserts/support hose now every six months. May have applied for flat feet disability compensation upon reitrement years ago, wonder if I have chance to "re-apply" now, wasnt represented very well at all and have been going at issues with help of Hadit family - "Go Team!" Again, just wondering if I have a chance - thanks.cg

Cowgirl, if it's in your SMRs, you still have it and you've been treated for it along the way, go for it. You might get SC - 0%, but sounds like you should get at least SC. I'm guessing that you'll need some of that unpleasant ache and pain to get a compensation percentage.

Ralph

#5 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21810 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 12:39 AM

I was drafted in 1968 and no flat feet and when I separated I was noted as having flat feet in 1970. In 1991 I applied for benefits and was awarded flat feet in 1992. During my C&P I answered truthfully that I had problems with shin splints and pain and that when I was tired my feet hurt. I was awarded 30%.

I think I was lucky. I have no arch in either foot.

#6 cowgirl

cowgirl

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1983 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 03:59 AM

Thanks. VA ortho doc has current very descriptive entry in my VA medical records. I am encouraged now to get IMO. Guess my next step is to ID specific SMR entries to submit for nexus, not sure if there is clear statement of "flat feet"ples panus", but several treatments for footpain/swelling. Now aches, muscle pulls and pain are constant,am thinking lower lumbar/D3 may be secondary, will see what IMO recognizes then back to VA.cg

#7 KennyJ

KennyJ

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 06:35 AM

I don't know but it seems that you should be able to file a claim implying that your military service aggravated your condition if you can get the medical support to back it up.

Advertise Here