Search

Help fund HadIt.com. Please note HadIt.com is NOT a non-profit, there is no tax deduction for helping to fund HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC

We have been very lucky since 1997 in being able to fund the site from advertising and my own pocket. Unfortunately my pockets are empty and revenue for the site is down. So if you want to help keep the site funded please use the button below and help fund the site.

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  lcurle : (22 September 2014 - 12:49 PM) Ebennies Is Down: Error Code [47]: The System Is Currently Unavailable. Please Try Again Later. If This Problem Continues, You May Contact The Dmdc Support Center (Dsc) At 800-477-8227 For Assistance.
@  Notorious Kelly : (21 September 2014 - 07:04 AM) Thanks, T, And Kudos To Kacy!
@  Tbird : (21 September 2014 - 12:48 AM) Forum Is Back Up And Running. We Lost Some Posts, But Were Able To Restore All The Posts To Sep 17. A Big Thank You To Member Kacy For Volunteering And Getting This Fixed.
@  raptorick : (20 September 2014 - 10:12 PM) Posts After The 17Th Are Missing
@  YellowGTO : (17 September 2014 - 01:37 PM) I Can See Reply's In My Email But When I Click The Link It Says "sorry, We Couldn't Find That!" Anyone Have Any Ideas?
@  cragwex : (15 September 2014 - 10:22 AM) Asking For T & P
@  NeverGiveUp : (14 September 2014 - 01:19 PM) Got Denial Letter From Va On Friday, Having Surgery For Hip This Friday Need Advice
@  Tbird : (13 September 2014 - 02:39 PM) Thank You Notorious
@  Notorious Kelly : (12 September 2014 - 02:52 PM) Happy To See The Donate Button For Hadit. No Pressure If You're Struggling But Give If You Can!
@  vet201060 : (11 September 2014 - 11:49 PM) Got The Dea Letter For Pain Killers Today. Interesting To See How This Actually Effects Us Getting Our Meds
@  bad@57 : (11 September 2014 - 07:07 PM) Hello Vets, Had A Very successful Bva Hearing August 20, 2014. Submitting Final Paperwork To Judge For Decision. Wish Me Luck As I Do All!
@  dereekbanks : (11 September 2014 - 12:49 PM) Still No Letter In The Mail, But I Think I Was Denied. Feeling Depressed!
@  dereekbanks : (11 September 2014 - 12:48 PM) Claim Closed On The 8Th, Its 3 Days Later And Ebenefits Still Shows My Same Old Rating.
@  Rotor Head : (11 September 2014 - 06:20 AM) Remember, The 'e' In Ebennies Stands For Entertainment. :blink:
@  ssgtob1 : (11 September 2014 - 05:14 AM) Got Back In, No Change The Last 10 Times I Checked It :(
@  Notorious Kelly : (10 September 2014 - 07:45 PM) Ebenefits Is Back "up" (But I Can't Do Anything In It) ;)
@  carlie : (10 September 2014 - 05:14 PM) Good - They Should Be Helping The Vets In The Virgin Islands - They Should Be Helping All Vets That Can't Earn A Living Due To Something They Experienced On Active Duty.
@  lcurle : (10 September 2014 - 04:37 PM) I Saw On Va.gov That They Are Helping The Homeless Vets In The Us Virgin Islands....im In!
@  lcurle : (10 September 2014 - 04:35 PM) You Must Be A Patient Man To Check It Only Every 10 Minutes, I Hit F5 Every 3 Seconds!
@  ssgtob1 : (10 September 2014 - 12:45 PM) Ebenefits Is Down :( Now I Cant Check It Every 10 Minutes

Photo
- - - - -

Important Topics - Please Review This Thread.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
291 replies to this topic

#161 Pete53

Pete53

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21832 posts
  • Interests:My Family
  • Service Connected Disability: 100%
  • Branch of Service: USA

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:50 PM

Jayg:

I appreciate your thoughts and your support of Tbird and the Moderators and for the most part I agree. However, the real point is that Tbirds experience has shown over time that political arguments cause disruption and loss of focus on the mission of helping Veterans and their family win claims.

There have been attempts to allow politics but over time the same problem emerges with people getting mad and even some leaving or in some cases being banned.

As far as being fair an equal there is more to it than taking a scale and making a decision on the facts. As a Moderator I take into account the History of the Member and past contributions to help.

For some reason this Board has attracted from day one people who want to disrupt and cause problems.I think that I can speak for all the Moderators that we are going to try our best to be fair but if it is political sounding to us we are going to do something.

As always if the politics involves the VA or Veterans we are going to leave room for a civilized discussion.

I left the Universal Health Care and current plans for covering all Americans open as I think that is something Veterans need to discuss and learn.

If you are mad at someone or something please leave it off this Board. If you are mad cause the VA is doing or not doing something lets discuss it. Thousands of people access this Board so consider your post to be like having people at your home and use your good manners and all will be ok.

I don't know for sure but I think that Hadit has helped 100's maybe 1000's win their claim.If you disagree with someone on this Board be polite and state a case with something to back you up.

My struggle with VA changed me quite a bit and I know very well what a hard time people go through to win their claims and I have empathy.

So its really pretty simple if you want to post and its about a Republican or Democrat sob if its something that directly affects Veterans its ok we need to know. If its about the bailout or stimulus payments the only discussion on that is when do we get the checks. If its about Sen Fleabag is a communist its going to be deleted and you could end up suspended for a day or two.If that makes you mad so be it. If you leave and were not banned you will always be welcome back.I am speaking in general to the entire Board and not directly to you Jayg.

As a Moderator I think that you can appreciate how much time and effort foes on behind the scenes and I hope that all can recognize what a fantastic site Tbird has developed over the years. This is a one stop wonder for Veterans who have Hadit.

Respect Tbirds wishes all of us our guests and everything will be fine. If you want to be political AOL is free and they have hundreds of rooms to chat about politics.

Thanks to all who contribute their experience and support Veterans on this wonderful and magic place on the internet where you can ask the questions you are afraid to ask the VA and get answers.

Pete
100% Nov 1993
Social Security Sep 1991
SMC S Award Nov 2007

Advertise Here

#162 gp747

gp747

E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Senior Chief Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 50%
  • Branch of Service: usa

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:13 PM

when i first joined hadit my hand was called on political comments ,and i kinda got resentful at first.
and after being on a while i began to understand why the rule was in place . politics is a whole world of its own and could knock out all the discussions about what tbird set this forum up for.
politics plays a role in the va administration ,and we should keep it focused on those political parts that affect the va and us as veterans.
i really would like to let some steam out on my political observations ,but i guess it being so hot a topic it is hard to find a forum that is not one sided on political issues.
i for one would like for any moderater to feel free to delete me and call my hand if i stray. this is such a good site i would croak if something balled it up as stupid as politics.
i havent been keeping up with the posts ,but when my hand was called early when i joined ,i had a choice to leave or go by the rules,and i decided to go by the rules.

#163 Stretch

Stretch

HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio IT

• SVR
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1907 posts
  • Branch of Service: Navy

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:29 PM

There are 156,000 post on this forum. There are 1500 members and growing. There are many more Vets, as well as active military persons, who use this site than can be imagined.

To police every post is almost impossible. That is the job that the moderators have on Hadit. Hadit is the only site that brings Vets together rather than splitting them up. Divisive issues destroy purpose.

It just doesn't make any sense about who would want to screw up Hadit. Who would want to disrupt Hadits purpose and why? I appreciate all that Hadit moderators do.

This is my opinion.

#164 jbasser

jbasser

Moderator/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • 6209 posts
  • Interests:Fishing.
  • Service Connected Disability: 100+
  • Branch of Service: USN

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:42 PM

Believe it or not we actually have had distractors here with just that purpose. They would machine gun post and do anything to disrupt the board.
Some are very reslilant and keep returning as other members.

I have a guess of who is planting these folks, but we have survived and get stronger every day.

It is also imparative that we remain focused on the mission at hand.

Politics and Religion have and will always devide the masses as it has been proven time and time again.

J

#165 vmo

vmo

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Branch of Service: USMC

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:19 PM

I for one have no, none, zilch problem with any or all of my posts being squashed by a moderator. Organization, structure, and rules----I accept that. I agree to abide as best as possible. Heck, I am just on here for help and to help if needed. Never really wanted to argue politics or religion. I signed on with Hadit because of my interest in VA bene's and VA medical care....cause there are some very knowledgeable people on board. All the experts in politics and religion, I can talk to any time at my local VFW. I'm just a refried Republican trying to be a good Christian.......Whoooops!!Gotta watch that.

#166 sharon

sharon

HadIt.com Elder/Moderator

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • 1126 posts
  • Interests:Veterans Advocacy
  • Branch of Service: USAF

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:54 PM

Have read and agree.

#167 Bonzai

Bonzai

E-6 Petty Officer 1st Class

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Interests:Staying current with news, Helping others and volunteering when I can, Avid reader of Science Fiction & Fantasy, NCAA Football, Cooking, and Spoiling my Grandson!

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:42 PM

Hadit is the only site that brings Vets together rather than splitting them up. Divisive issues destroy purpose.

Here, here... in total agreement.

#168 rentalguy1

rentalguy1

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 2349 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:01 AM

I left the Universal Health Care and current plans for covering all Americans open as I think that is something Veterans need to discuss and learn.

This is my beef, exactly. This is the most divisive topic in existence today. If I were to post facts about this topic, bit just numerical and mathematical ones, then it would be considered politics. If I posted factual information, with links, about the corruption involved in this legislation, then it would be politics and deleted. If someone posts about how it will "feel good" to have aunt mary finally covered, well then that would be a fine post.

Like I said previously, if it is a post that is supportive of a particular side, then it is fine. God help you if it supports the other side, or even the independent side. I tried my best not to believe this for a long time, but it's hard to ignore something that I've seen time after time. Either delete them all, universal health care included, or create a password protected forum where only big boys and girls that have thick skin can go in to play.

Sorry for my rant, but I am sick of it in my everyday life and I am sick of it here. Something is about to snap, and I think it may be me...

#169 timetowinarace

timetowinarace

• 743 posts
  • Interests:Horse Racing (not gambling)

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:59 AM

I'd like to use some quote's from this thread to make a point. Please keep in mind, I am not picking on anyone, nor actually disagreeing with Hadit rules. Just trying to make the observation that some subjects, political and VA, are in the gray area for discussion on the board.

From me "It is getting harder and harder to distinguish what content is acceptable."

From Carlie "Oh I think health reform will be good for veterans - it's gone.
or
Oh I think health care reform is going to be bad for veterans - it's gone."

From Pete53 "I left the Universal Health Care and current plans for covering all Americans open as I think that is something Veterans need to discuss and learn."

I think that should make some kind of point. I want to stress that I do not disagree with posts being closed and deleted. I do suggest that this happens to non political posts as well. A recent one that comes to mind had to do with a 'news' story about the VA going after a certain group of veterans. There was division on the board wether or not it belonged on Hadit. It was closed. It was not political.

The point? I think it would be more accurate and easier to understand if the board policy was to close and or delete VA subjects, political or not that BECOME inflamatory. That is what usually happens anyway and rightfully so. It is very difficult to know which subjects this will be at all times. All subjects should be VA related of course.

I know the moderaters have a very difficult job and I'd like to make it easier by not having these subjects come up at all, but I don't find that to be possible. It's very difficult to have a "zero tolerance"(quote=Pete53, Carlie, Tbird) policy and a disscrepancy as in the quotes above. These closed and deleted posts were all VA related subjects. The moderaters did the right thing in closing them once harsh words were being used.

#170 darkhorse

darkhorse

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 70%
  • Branch of Service: military

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:59 AM

There is a huge gray area on what's considered political.

Unless your discussing one particular claim then even discussing Veterans Benefits is political if you want to look at the big picture.

The VA is wrapped in politics just as much as who's gonna be elected to Congress.

As long as the money for our benefits comes from the distributing source we all know as our Government then political discussion is at hand.

Limited discussion on how to correctly and ethically obtain benefits for those that deserve them is what this site is all about. I call it 'GIVING BACK."

DH

#171 Stretch

Stretch

HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio IT

• SVR
  • 1907 posts
  • Branch of Service: Navy

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:12 PM

More of my opinion:

Jeez, I said we that Hadit has 1500 members. I was off just a little. I re-checked membership and Hadit has 4,637 members as of today. That is huge growth considering the boards evolution. Seems like Hadit and its moderators have been doing something right to have this kind of growth. The most people I managed was 130.

Can you just imagine 4,637 different opinions in each post. It is not hard to see how different opinions can cause members to stray from the purpose Hadit is intended for by its owner. It can even become an uncontrolled free-for-all mess without moderation.

I can see that some are saying that moderation is one-sided. I don't think that this one-sidedness is true. Even an insinuation that the moderators are one-sided is an insult to further argue a fruitless point that also insults moderators sensibilities. Who would want to hurt these selfless workhorses?

Some veterans could be afraid that their VAMC's are in jeopardy because of opposing health care systems changes. None of us know anything about what will happen to our VAMC's, in the future, so it is all speculation.
In support of Pete's comment about the Veterans side of health care, somehow this needs to be discussed to alleviate Veterans fears of losing what we already have.

I even have thoughts of the VAMC's becoming over-run with other countries peoples or other problems that will diminish the value of our VAMC's. This is a legitimate issue concerning Veterans.

It is a fine line to keep this out of politics, but older members should blend this with Hadit's purpose and their common sense to keep it as rational as possible and not take advantage of political moments.

We can all see that moderating 4,637 people, can be a difficult thankless job, that is without pay. More members are on the way everyday. I think that this post is in equipoise and the benefit of the doubt should go to the Veteran Hadit moderators.

I don't mean to give the impression that I am stepping on anyones toes. I am a nobody. I do appreciate everything that has been said in this post, by smarter people than me, but I agree with the moderators.

#172 purple

purple

• Banned
  • 1416 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:16 PM

Define Ironic: A thread about "no politics" has turned into an argument about what is/is not considered political. jmho.

#173 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 22220 posts
  • Interests:VA law and history of the Blues
  • Branch of Service: Army

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:06 PM

I may not be able to define a political post, but I know it when I see it.

#174 magician2000

magician2000

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 80%

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:18 AM

Inflammatory for this Board is partisan either Democrat or Republican.

So does this equally apply to those that are partisan to being independent... :o

#175 carlie

carlie

Moderator/Admin/HadIt.com Elder/SVR Radio Panelist

• Admin
  • 22139 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy researching and debate of claims for
    Clear and Unmistakable Error (C&UE).

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:39 AM

It covers all politics.
There is no need to keep this thread open.
Please everyone adhere to this rule and just stop
making political topics and threads - it's really quite simple.
carlie

#176 magician2000

magician2000

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 80%

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:39 AM

http://www.hadit.com...e=Alex Humpfrey

Edited by Pete53, 06 September 2009 - 04:12 PM.

#177 gousto64

gousto64

E-4 Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Second Class Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 40%

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:39 AM

i was there between 85-87 for a hazardious materials course we ate fish and crab from the piers. do i have anything to worry about.

#178 RSG

RSG

• Chief Petty Officers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:nothin
  • Service Connected Disability: 100

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:14 PM

Yes you could, the shellfish, and the fish were shown to have contaminents, see some of the documentation
listed on the listed on the websites below, If I remember correctly they did not start cleaning it up till 95 or 98.....
It tells you more than I can,, But yes you could, just my opinion.....and if you fished in the north west section
of the Island, Be concerned....

i was there between 85-87 for a hazardious materials course we ate fish and crab from the piers. do i have anything to worry about.

Edited by RSG, 07 September 2009 - 12:20 PM.

#179 jbasser

jbasser

• Admin
  • 6209 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:36 PM

Spine ratings prior to the 2003 change. (Muscoskeletal system) 4.71

http://frwebgate.acc...e...03&TYPE=PDF

JBasser

#180 retiredat44

retiredat44

• 783 posts
  • Interests:Not able to pursue many interests at this time. My health prevents me from doing much. I wish I could go back to hiking, photography, etc..
  • Service Connected Disability: 60%

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:38 AM

Nice guide!

Is there another part of this guide, on this/foums that gives the definitons of terms like: VSO
BVA, VARO ?? (many more..)

I looked at this guide and was also hoping there was explanations for these shortened terms that are used by

almost everyone. They confuse me..

thanx..

Edited by retiredat44, 02 November 2009 - 08:39 AM.

#181 carlie

carlie

• Admin
  • 22139 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:54 AM

retired,
Check out Hadit's homepage for abbreviations and lots of info.
carlie

http://www.hadit.com/

#182 12R3G

12R3G

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:59 AM

All

Here is a Excel spreadsheet (".xls") for download that will calculate combined disability ratings.

All you really need to enter is the rating percentage, but there is space for the description and diagnostic code if you want to keep this as a "code sheet". You can enter in any order, then "sort" by Rating high to low.

The sheets are "locked", but there is no password so you can unprotect if you want. I'll only protected to prevent inadvertant earasing of formulas

The calculator rounds each line and uses the whole number percentage, not the full decimal; I'm assuming that's what the VA does since that is how the Combined Ratings Table is configured.

Combined Ratings Table is included, along with the list of disabilities by diagnostic code and alphabetically by condition (appendix B & C to Schedule of Ratings.

If anyone sees a problem, please PM me so I'll be sure to get the message and update. I've been using this myself for several months and think I have the bugs out. I wrote this so I could track and SAVE my calculation for later reference and to run scenarios to see what a change in rating will do to my overall rating.

Attached Files

#183 Vync

Vync

E-9 Master Chief Petty Officer

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • 1583 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:25 PM

That's pretty nice to have the table and codes together in one spot.

Here are my ratings:

20%
10%
10%
10%
Combined Rating = 42%

However, one of my 10% ratings is bilateral. How does that factor in?

#184 Van

Van

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 10%

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:49 PM

The reports cited are for two bases. Hunters Point Naval Shipyard(HPNSY) and The Treasure Island(TI) naval base. HPNSY is referred to as Hunters Point Annex. HPNSY is the more contaminated of the two. The poll only ask if we were stationed at TI.
HPNSY is where most of the radioactive wastes are. This base was the main decontamination station for ships from the nuclear weapons testing and for many of the ships from Yankee Station during Viet Nam. It was doing many if not all of the birdfarms. It was closed in I believe 1974. TI was closed much later. HPNSY was also the home to Naval Radiological Defense Laboratory(NRDL) They put together all the nuclear weapons used in the Pacific. They also experimented extensively with radiation and the bay area.

#185 ArmyTexas

ArmyTexas

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:58 PM

I was in the Navy from 89-95. I went to the basic and advanced shipboard firefighting schools in 89. does this affect me or is it for earlier service?

I was in the Navy from 89-95. I went to the basic and advanced shipboard firefighting schools at Treasure Island in 1989. does this affect me or is it for earlier service?

#186 jbasser

jbasser

• Admin
  • 6209 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 10:12 AM

Forum Terms & Rules

Do Not Argue With The Moderators. If a moderator tells you to stop doing something then stop, if you are unable to stop yourself, your account will be deleted. Moderators are in place to keep the forum running smoothly, what they say goes.

Hadit is an independently owned web-site. We are not affiliated with any other web-sites. Hadit does not control or have any input into the goals or purpose of what other sites/programs might pursue. Hadit does not endorse nor is it responsible for the goals and statements of any other web-sites or programs.

Recently HadIt.com has partnered with SVR Radio run by Jerrel Cook, We provide tools and technology assistance to the SVR program. However, SVR is run by Jerrel Cook and any comments made on the SVR radio show are not necessarily those of HadIt.com. HadIt.com has partnered with SVR because we believe it is a useful resource for veterans.

Hadit is not a political tool or group, and is not responsible for Political expression or ideas, of members, that may temporarily be posted.

From time to time there will be links to supporting information, but in no way is Hadit responsible for that information and the contents of any other web-site. It is up to each Vets to check the accuracy and timeliness of any information used.

This is a moderated forum with rules please adhere to them or it will necessitate the deletion of your account. Anything a Moderator find to be erroneous is subject to review and deletion.

Everyone won't agree on many things, but the one thing we should agree on is that we are here so that no brother or sister veteran gets left behind, not on a jungle trail, not on a desert trail and not on a paper trail." Tbird

The biggest component of HadIt.com to help veterans is our very active discussion forum. Over 6000 (as of June 2010) registered users, with an average of about 160 posts per day. New Registrations average about 150 members per month. Please note that the discussion forum is made up of veterans just like you, they come to HadIt.com and its discussion forum from all over the world. Some come to ask questions, some come to help do research for other vets, some to answer questions, others come for the sense of community that HadIt.com provides and still others come just to provide an ear and shoulder to those veterans who have become weary.

There are some folks who for whatever reason sign on to discussion forums to cause disruption. However, we still have this problem the best advice is ignore them; they want a fight, a response, don't give it to them. We have an ignore user feature, you can look up any member by name and click to ignore them.

New members posts are moderated and not visible to all members until the staff can review a few posts to make sure it is not a spammer, troll or some other divisive individual.

HadIt.com's discussion forum is "User Friendly" as long as posters do not cause division. We are not into censorship. We simply need to set forth some guidelines. These are aimed at maintaining harmony on the Web Forum.. When one person disrupts many then we feel it's time to take action.

• No vulgar language
  • No offensive verbal assaults
  • No sexual connotations
  • No personal attacks
  • No political discussions we are not a political forum our focus is va disability claims. Political discussions lead to flame wars, it takes up valuable space and is not what this board was set up for. There are many other boards to discuss politics, this is not one of them
Remember that most that come to our discussion forum have been wounded in one way or another. Be kind to each other, if angered take a day to respond. Personal attacks are not what we are about; we are about helping our brother and sister veterans.

We reserve the right to remove any posts or member at any time.

This is a NOT a secure website Do Not post private information such as name, addresses, phone numbers or social security numbers, etc.

If you want provide the information below:

Any other claims that have been awarded, can affect the handling of this claim, so if you can, provide as much information as possible about your current VA status. If you know the Disability Codes (DCs), then give those also. You can find them in 38CFR Chap 1, Part 4. if the VA did not/will not provide them.

This is NOT a secure web site, so if you do not wish to provide this information, we understand, and will help as much as possible in general terms. You can get most of the information for yourself, by researching the many links on this site.

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran LLC. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, racist, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise is a violation of any law.

No advertisements are allowed on the board by any board member, the only ads allowed are ones that HadIt.com has put up there.

Soliciting for donations, no matter the cause are not allowed on HadIt.com.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board. Advertising on this site does not constituent endorsement of any advertisement by HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran LLC, unless stated otherwise.

We reserve the right to remove any posts or member at any time.

#187 Chuck75

Chuck75

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 1438 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 04:30 AM

"does this affect me"

Quite probably. Assuming that they were still using the older fire fighting facilities that were in use during the Vietnam war days.

Of major concern was the fuel used to feed the fires that the fire fighting school used for training. In the Vietnam days
Asbestos was a component of fire fighting suits and gloves, and adds another level of concern.

A possible problem exists with VA claims, since Dioxin is involved, but is a part of "Agent Orange", not A.O. of itself. The Dioxin contamination is believed to have resulted from the use of fuel (Various waste oils) that contained Dioxin. The oils produced heavy particle abundant smoke that was used in the simulated ship steel structure. I recall a metal grate (Catwalk?)in the structure that supposedly simulated part of a ship's engine compartment. A smokey fire was typically located below the grate, and the training fire fighting team "fought" the fire from the grate. In some cases, masks and breathers were used, in others a wet cloth or shirt was the only protection.

I was in the Navy from 89-95. I went to the basic and advanced shipboard firefighting schools in 89. does this affect me or is it for earlier service?

#188 steve&pat

steve&pat

• PipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:47 AM

Brother had several Schools at TI in the 60s -1964 on then ended up on USS Buchanann .DIED in the 80s ---FATTY TUMORS- back was covered , ended up Hodgkins- We got him SC after he died was called --BLUE WATER DISEASE by the VA_so his wife and kids got there benifits.Electronics Tech and schooling 6 years service.

STEVE & PAT

#189 ArmyTexas

ArmyTexas

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:16 AM

Sounds like the same grates and training that they used when I went thru.

"does this affect me"

Quite probably. Assuming that they were still using the older fire fighting facilities that were in use during the Vietnam war days.

Of major concern was the fuel used to feed the fires that the fire fighting school used for training. In the Vietnam days
Asbestos was a component of fire fighting suits and gloves, and adds another level of concern.

A possible problem exists with VA claims, since Dioxin is involved, but is a part of "Agent Orange", not A.O. of itself. The Dioxin contamination is believed to have resulted from the use of fuel (Various waste oils) that contained Dioxin. The oils produced heavy particle abundant smoke that was used in the simulated ship steel structure. I recall a metal grate (Catwalk?)in the structure that supposedly simulated part of a ship's engine compartment. A smokey fire was typically located below the grate, and the training fire fighting team "fought" the fire from the grate. In some cases, masks and breathers were used, in others a wet cloth or shirt was the only protection.

#190 crimson0456

crimson0456

E-3 Seaman

• Seaman
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 10%

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:32 AM

I was at TI in 1972 awaiting discharge. The barrack I was assigned to were old WW2. An inside converted basketball floor and showers. Now I have a question, would this not be further evidence of Chemical exposure to further substantiate a claim for A.O. both on land and offshore waters? I have a non-Hodgkins Lymph node. It never caused me pain, it's just a mass on the right side of my neck.

#191 Chuck75

Chuck75

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 1438 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 04:52 PM

Possibly asbestos exposure due to the amount of the stuff in the old buildings. I'd think that you would need to somehow document that you were in areas at TI that were contaminated, perhaps as part of a work party or some other events.

I was at TI in 1972 awaiting discharge. The barrack I was assigned to were old WW2. An inside converted basketball floor and showers. Now I have a question, would this not be further evidence of Chemical exposure to further substantiate a claim for A.O. both on land and offshore waters? I have a non-Hodgkins Lymph node. It never caused me pain, it's just a mass on the right side of my neck.

#192 gbsepter

gbsepter

E-2 Recruit

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 50%

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:10 AM

Great tool to utilize. Thanks for the file.

#193 rdnkjeeper

rdnkjeeper

• First Class Petty Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Service Connected Disability: 80
  • Branch of Service: USMC

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:11 PM

Thanks so much for this file! Great tool!

#194 carlie

carlie

• Admin
  • 22139 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:06 PM

Chapter 5. Evaluating Evidence and Making a Decision

1. Guidelines for Evaluating Evidence

Introduction This topic includes information about the guidelines for evaluating evidence, including

· when to evaluate evidence

· points to consider when evaluating evidence

· provisions applied by the Rating Veterans Service Representative (RVSR)

· determining the value of testimony, and

· determining the issues.

Change Date December 13, 2005

a. When to Evaluate Evidence If VA’s duty to assist has been fulfilled, analyze the evidence for and against the claim.

Note: Evaluate all the evidence, including oral testimony given under oath and certified statements submitted by claimants.

b. Points to Consider When Evaluating Evidence When evaluating evidence and making decisions

· maintain objectivity

· never allow personal feelings to enter into the process, and

· show fairness and courtesy at all times to claimants.

Example: An antagonistic, critical, or even abusive attitude on the part of the claimant should not in any way influence the handling of the case.

Reference: For more information on the attitude of the rating officers, see 38 CFR 4.23.

Continued on next page

1. Guidelines for Evaluating Evidence, Continued

c. Provisions Applied by the RVSR When making decisions or taking action on claims that require a rating decision, the Rating Veterans Service Representative (RVSR) must apply the provisions of all pertinent

· laws

· regulations

· schedules for rating disabilities

· policy statements

· procedures

· administrators’ decisions

· Secretaries’ decisions

· Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC) precedents, and

· other legal precedents governing Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

d. Determining the Value of Testimony The RVSR determines the probative value of medical or lay testimony.

e. Determining the Issues The issues in some claims will be clear and unambiguous, while others may involve interpreting difficult to understand claims.

Reference: For more information on determining the issues, see M21-1MR, Part III, Subpart iv, 6.B.

2. Evidence to Consider

a. Types of Evidence to Consider Consider the following evidence when making decisions:

· medical records, such as

- service medical records

- VA examination reports

- private and VA hospital reports, and

- outpatient treatment reports

· lay evidence, such as letters from

- veterans and claimants, including reports of specific traumatic experience related as stressors for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) claims, and

- other people who have knowledge of the claimed disability or relevant events

· medical opinions by examining or treating physicians, and

· medical treatises regarding

- etiology of a disability

- complications of a disease process, and

- employment records.

3. Responsibility for Reviewing Evidence

a. Who Is Responsible The RSVR is responsible for reviewing the evidence, including

· recognizing the need for evidence in relation to a claim, and

· determining the

- admissibility of the evidence

- weight to be afforded evidence that is presented

- need for additional evidence, and

- need for a physical examination.

4. Credible and Probative Evidence

Introduction This topic contains information about credible and probative evidence, including

· evaluating the evidence

· definition of the term credible evidence

· definition of the term probative evidence

· assessing the credibility of evidence

· an example of credible evidence

· an example of non-credible evidence

· determining the probative value of evidence, and

· explaining the persuasiveness of evidence.

a. Evaluating Evidence Evaluating evidence

· is the heart of the Reasons for Decision section of a rating decision, and

· may entail assessing the credibility and probative value of evidence before weighing the evidence in order to arrive at a decision on the claim.

Notes:

· Accept evidence at face value unless called into question by other evidence of record or sound medical or legal principles.

· In the presence of questionable or conflicting evidence, further development may be needed to reconcile the disparity.

b. Definition: Credible Evidence Credible evidence refers to evidence that is inherently believable or has been received from a competent source.

Continued on next page

4. Credible and Probative Evidence, Continued

c. Definition: Probative Evidence Probative evidence must be

· relevant to the issue in question, and

· have sufficient weight, either by itself or in combination with other evidence, to persuade the decision-maker about a fact.

d. Assessing the Credibility of Evidence Weigh the evidence by assessing its credibility and probative value in regard to the pending issue or issues. Weigh only credible evidence in reaching the ultimate decision. Evidence that is incredible carries no weight or probative value.

Example: Joseph Smith, a World War II veteran, submitted a statement from his primary care physician that noted the veteran’s seizure disorder was secondary to his service-connected (SC) head injury.

Upon recent neurological examination, conducted at the VA Medical Center (VAMC) in West Palm Beach, the examiner opined there was no evidence linking the veteran’s current seizure disorder to the veteran’s head injury in service. Specifically, the neurologist stated that the veteran’s nonservice-connected (NSC) vascular condition was causing the seizures. He went on to say that this is one of the most common causes of seizures that have their onset after age 60.

e. Example of Credible Evidence VA receives a statement from a physician who expresses an opinion regarding the nexus, or link, between the veteran’s current disability and an injury or disease in military service.

Note: As a result of the physician’s medical expertise, the physician’s statement is considered credible.

Continued on next page

4. Credible and Probative Evidence, Continued

f. Example of Non-Credible Evidence VA receives a statement from a claimant’s spouse regarding the link between the veteran’s current disability and an injury in service. The spouse is not known to be a medical professional.

Note: Since the spouse is not a medical professional, and a lay person is not considered capable of answering questions of medical causation or diagnosis, the evidence is not considered credible.

Exception: If the spouse is a medical professional, then the evidence is considered credible and weighed during the decision-making process.

g. Determining the Probative Value of Evidence Determine the probative value of the evidence once the evidence has been determined credible.

Note: It is not necessary to accord equal weight to each item of evidence contained in the record.

h. Explaining the Persuasiveness of Evidence Clearly explain in the rating decision why the evidence is found to be persuasive or not.

Example: Service connection for a seizure disorder secondary to the veteran’s SC head injury is denied. Although the veteran’s private physician provided an opinion linking the veteran’s seizure disorder to his SC head injury, more weight was assigned to the VA examiner due to his specialization in neurological disorders.

5. Medical Evidence

Introduction This topic contains information about evaluating medical evidence, including

· non-adversarial adjudication

· weighing physicians’ opinions

· evaluating medical evidence

· rejecting medical evidence

· supporting medical conclusions

· considering the POW protocol examination report

· evaluating service medical records (SMRs)

· statements from physicians as acceptable evidence, and

· considering information in the claims folder.

a. Non-Adversarial Adjudication VA’s system of claims adjudication is non-adversarial.

Do not minimize the weight of a treating physician’s opinion based upon the idea that he/she has become an advocate for the patient, since doing so may appear adversarial and biased.

b. Weighing Physicians’ Opinions Greater weight may placed on one physician’s opinion than another’s, depending on several factors, such as

· the specialty of the physician

· the reasoning employed by the physician, and

· the extent to which the physician reviewed prior clinical records and other evidence.

An opinion may be discounted if it materially relies on a layperson’s unsupported history as the premise for the opinion.

Note: Treating physician records are not necessarily dispositive of an issue and must be analyzed and discussed like all other evidence.

Reference: For more information on discounting opinions based on unsupported history, see Wood v. Derwinski, 1 Vet. App. 190 (1991).

Continued on next page

5. Medical Evidence, Continued

c. Evaluating Medical Evidence Consider the key elements listed below when evaluating medical evidence.

· Basis for the physician’s opinion, such as

- theory

- observation

- practice

- clinical testing

- subjective report, and

- conjecture.

· Physician’s knowledge of the veteran’s accurate medical and relevant personal history.

· Length of time the physician has treated the veteran.

· Reason for the physician’s contact with the veteran, such as for

- treatment, or

- substantiation of a medical disability claim.

· Physician’s expertise and experience.

· Degree of specificity of the physician’s opinion.

· Degree of certainty of the physician’s opinion.

Reference: For more information on determining a physician’s expertise and experience, see Black v. Brown, 10 Vet. App. 279, (1997).

Continued on next page

d. Rejecting Medical Evidence Unless the historical facts upon which a medical conclusion is based are dubious or untenable, reject medical evidence only on the basis of other medical evidence.

The RSVR may not rely upon his/her own unsubstantiated medical conclusions to reject expert medical evidence provided by the claimant.

Reference: For more information on the basis for rejecting medical evidence, see

· Shipwash v. Brown, 8 Vet. App. 218, (1995), and

· Colvin v. Derwinski, Vet. App. 175 (1991).

e. Supporting Medical Conclusions Support medical conclusions with evidence in the claims folder.

Cite medical information and reasoning to

· link or separate two disabilities, or

· establish or refute prior inception or aggravation.

Cite recognized medical treatises or an independent medical opinion to support a conclusion.

Note: If evidence such as medical treatises or independent medical opinions were relied upon when the rating decision was made, explain this in the rating decision.

f. Considering the POW Protocol Examination Report Carefully consider the prisoner of war (POW) protocol examination reports, because they may provide sufficient background information to relate the veteran’s current symptomatology to the POW experience.

g. Evaluating SMRs Service medical records (SMRs) are generally highly probative, but not necessarily determinative, in the resolution of service connection.

Continued on next page

h. Statements From Physicians as Acceptable Evidence A statement from any physician can be accepted for rating purposes without further examination if it

· is otherwise adequate for rating purposes, and

· includes clinical manifestations and substantiation of diagnosis by findings of diagnostic techniques generally accepted by medical authorities.

Examples: Diagnostic techniques generally accepted by medical authorities are

· pathological studies

· x-rays, and

· appropriate laboratory tests.

i. Considering Information in the Claims Folder The information in the claims folder must support the medical conclusions.

Consider the following information in the claims folder:

· applicable dates of events such as

- treatment reports, and

- hospitalizations

· dates covered by the service medical record, identifying at least the month and year

· names of

- VA and private medical facilities

- private physicians, and

- other information sources, and

· items of evidence that were requested but not received.

6. Insufficient Examinations

Introduction This topic contains information about insufficient examinations, including

· improper denials, and

· explaining necessary but unscheduled examinations.

a. Improper Denials Do not deny a claim or reduce an evaluation based upon an insufficient examination.

b. Explaining Necessary But Unscheduled Examinations If the rating activity decides to rate a case where a specialist exam has been recommended by the medical examiner but not scheduled by the Veterans Health Administration (VHA), explain the reason in the rating decision.

7. Reviewing Hospital Reports for Adequacy

Introduction This topic contains information about reviewing hospital reports, including

· handling inadequate VA hospital reports, and

· handling inadequate non-VA hospital reports.

a. Handling Inadequate VA Hospital Reports Request the original clinical records, including the nurses’ and doctors’ orders, if a VA report of hospitalization is inadequate for rating purposes in cases involving either

· injury, aggravation of injury, or death as the result of

- hospitalization

- medical treatment

- surgical treatment, or

- examination, or

· the death of a veteran from NSC causes if

- the veteran had an SC neuropsychiatric disability that reasonably may have impeded, obstructed, or otherwise interfered with the treatment of the condition that caused death , and

- the hospital report does not clarify this issue.

b. Handling Inadequate Non-VA Hospital Reports Request clarification of any hospital report that is inadequate for rating purposes and is received from a

· State hospital

· county hospital

· municipal hospital

· contract hospital, or

· private hospital.

Important: Authorize a VA examination if a satisfactory corrected report cannot be obtained within a reasonable period of time.

8. Reviewing Testimony

Introduction This topic contains information on sworn or certified testimony, including

· using testimony, and

· handling unsworn or uncertified testimony.

a. Using Testimony To be admitted as proper evidence, certain types of testimony must be sworn under oath or properly certified.

Examples: Evidence from court proceedings, depositions, and so on.

b. Handling Unsworn or Uncertified Testimony Make an exact copy of unsworn or uncertified testimony and return the original copy for notarization or certification to the

· claimant

· representative, or

· person testifying.

Note: Return unsworn or uncertified testimony only if the RVSR or Decision Review Officer (DRO) considers the evidence material to a favorable determination of a claim.

Reference: For more information on certifying testimony, see M21-1MR, Part III, Subpart iii, 1.B.8.

9. Lay Evidence

Introduction This topic contains information about lay evidence, including

· acceptable lay evidence, and

· when to use lay evidence.

a. Acceptable Lay Evidence Lay evidence is acceptable for the purpose of establishing service incurrence or aggravation, in the absence of SMRs, for a combat veteran or former POW, if the evidence

· is satisfactory

· is consistent with the circumstances, conditions, or hardships of combat or POW internment, and

· can prevail in spite of the absence of official records showing incurrence or aggravation of the disease or injury during service.

Important: Medical evidence of a link to a current condition is still needed to establish service-related incurrence or aggravation.

Reference: For more information on lay evidence, see the Judicial Review Conference Call dated April 4, 1996.

Continued on next page

9. Lay Evidence, Continued

b. When to Use Lay Evidence A medically untrained individual is not competent to offer medical opinion regarding the etiology of disorders, and such an opinion is generally assigned to little probative weight.

The value accorded to other types of lay evidence depends on such factors as

· the accuracy or clarity of the individual’s memory

· direct personal knowledge or experience, and

· the competence of the reporting person.

Note: An opinion may be discounted if it materially relies on a layperson’s unsupported history as the premise for the opinion.

References: For more information on

· discounting opinions that rely upon a layperson’s history, see Wood v. Derwinski, 1 Vet. App. 190 (1991), and

· using lay evidence to support a claim, see Espiritu v. Derwinski, 2 Vet. App. 492 (1992).

10. Requiring Further Development

a. Evidence Requiring Further Development Further development may be needed to corroborate testimony if the evidence is questionable or conflicting.

This development may include field examinations and/or social surveys to obtain transcripts of original or other appropriate records.

11. Evidence From Non-Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Sources

Introduction This topic contains information about evidence from non-VA sources, including

· evaluating evidence from non-VA sources, and

· considering conflicting evidence.

a. Evaluating Evidence From Non-VA Sources When evaluating medical and lay evidence from non-VA sources

· accept it at face value unless there is reason to question it, and

· question it if it is conflicting.

b. Considering Conflicting Evidence Use good judgment when evaluating conflicting evidence.

Consider the following issues:

· whether witnesses have a personal interest in the issue

· if there is a basis for bias

· if one party had a better opportunity to know the facts, and

· which version is more reasonable and probable.

12. Weighing the Evidence

Introduction This topic contains information about weighing the evidence, including

· assigning weight to the evidence

· questions to ask when weighing evidence

· handling imbalanced evidence

· handling evidence in equipoise

· considering reasonable doubt

· an example of evidence in equipoise, and

· reaching a conclusion.

a. Assigning Weight to the Evidence After assigning weight to the evidence

· review the evidence in its totality, and

· determine the balancing of scales.

Note: Do not assign weight unjustly or arbitrarily.

b. Questions to Ask When Weighing Evidence Ask the questions listed below when weighing evidence.

· Did the evidence originate in service or in close proximity to service?

· Is the medical opinion supported by clinical data?

· How detailed is the opinion?

· Is the opinion based on personal knowledge or on history provided by another person?

c. Handling Imbalanced Evidence If the evidence shows an overwhelming imbalance, then the evidence requires a decision in that direction, either for or against.

Note: The claim must be granted if all of the evidence is favorable.

Continued on next page

12. Weighing the Evidence, Continued

d. Handling Evidence in Equipoise Resolve reasonable doubt in favor of the claimant if all procurable evidence, after being weighed, is found in approximate balance or equipoise. 38 CFR 3.102 dictates that the veteran prevails when the evidence neither satisfactorily proves nor disproves an issue.

Reference: For more information on applying reasonable doubt, see Alemany v. Brown, 9 Vet. App. 518 (1996).

e. Considering Reasonable Doubt Consider reasonable doubt only when the evidence is in equipoise, not when the evidence weighs either in favor or against the claimant.

f. Example of Evidence in Equipoise In the following example there is no compelling justification to side with either expert:

“Evidence supportive of the claim includes the July 1991 opinion of Dr. T., who treated the veteran for several years prior to his death, that PTSD had been the major factor in the veteran’s suicide. Evidence against the claim includes the January 1992 opinion of the VA physician that the evidence did not point to PTSD as the actual cause of suicide and that the veteran’s suicide had occurred in the setting of alcohol dependence, family breakdown, and depression.”

g. Reaching a Conclusion When weighing the evidence to reach a conclusion

· discuss the evidence in favor of the claim

· discuss the evidence against the claim, and

· explain that

- one set of evidence outweighs the other set, or

- the evidence is in equal balance for and against the claim.

13. Handling Other Considerations in the Analysis

Introduction This topic contains information about miscellaneous concerns that should be addressed in the analysis, including

· explaining grants

· explaining denials

· supporting denials

· the danger of paraphrasing

· addressing complex issues, and

· handling inferred issues.

a. Explaining Grants Grants may not require as extensive an explanation as denials and may be simply explained with a statement, such as “The service medical records demonstrate that the veteran fractured his left leg in service.”

b. Explaining Denials Provide a more in-depth recitation of the facts and a citation or paraphrase of pertinent law and regulations to explain the basis for a denial. Carefully craft the explanation to provide basic information as succinctly as possible.

c. Supporting Denials Support the denial of NSC pension or individual unemployability due to failure to meet the schedular requirements by explaining

· how the disability percentages were assigned for each disability by applying the pertinent diagnostic codes to the evidence, and

· why the veteran is considered to be able to perform work duties, given his/her employment background, and the degree or nature of the SC or NSC disabilities.

Continued on next page

13. Handling Other Considerations in the Analysis, Continued

d. Danger of Paraphrasing Paraphrasing in easy-to-understand language requires care because the paraphrase might

· misstate the law, or

· misstate or mistake medical facts.

Example: Use paraphrased language to help explain why the claim has been disallowed, but do not expressly state, “The law says that….” Simply insert the paraphrase.

e. Addressing Complex Issues Discuss complex issues, such as secondary service connection and aggravation of NSC disabilities by SC disabilities, more thoroughly than simple issues of service connection.

Example: In claims for secondary service connection, address the relationship of the disability claimed by the veteran to the condition for which service connection has already been established.

f. Handling Inferred Issues When an inferred issue is considered in a rating decision, explicitly address the inferred issue in the Reasons for Decision.

If the inferred issue and the primary issue

· share the same fact pattern, then the inferred issue may be incorporated in the same Issue, Decision, and Reasons for Decision numbered item as the primary issue, or

· are each itemized in a separate Decision and Reasons for Decision paragraph, then the discussion of the common fact pattern may be confined to the Reasons for Decision of the primary issue.

Example: The issue statement on the rating decision could be worded as follows: “1. Evaluation of psychotic disorder currently evaluated as 30 percent disabling; Competency to handle disbursement of funds.”

Reference: For more information on inferred issues, see M21-1MR, Part III, Subpart iv, 6.B.3.

#195 carlie

carlie

• Admin
  • 22139 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:50 AM

Upgrading Your Military Discharge

http://usmilitary.ab...ischargeupg.htm

#196 carlie

carlie

• Admin
  • 22139 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:23 AM

SPN CODES - - ALPHABETIC

Military Separation Codes

(Separation Program Numbers) Alphabetic Codes

These codes are contained in your military records and may be annotated on various military separation documents. These codes are subject to change, and the Department of Defense will no longer allow the military services to release the meanings of these codes to the general public. The below definitions were obtained before this prohibition went into effect.

B70 - Death, Battle Casualty - Navy

B79 - Death, Battle Casualty - Navy

BDK - Security reason

BFS - Good of the Service, conduct traible by court martial

BHJ - Unsuitability (Reason Unknown)

BHK - Unsuitability, substandard performance

BKC - See BRA

BLC - Homosexuality

BLF - Drug use

BLM - Unfitness (Reason Unknown)

BML - Homosexuality

BMN - Unsuitability (Reason Unknown)

BNC - Misconduct, Misconduct, moral or professional dereliction
or in interests of national security

BRA - Engaged or attempted to engage in, or solicited
another to engage in homosexual act(s)

BRB - See JRB, BKC

BRC - See JRC, BKC

CBL - Unsuitability (Reason Unknown)

DCH - Early Release - To teach

DER - Disability - Non EPTS - No Severance Pay

DFS - Good of the Service, conduct triable by court martial

DLC - Homosexuality

EKD - AWOL, Desertion

ELPAC - Entry Level Performance & Conduct

FBC - Other

FBK - Expiration of Term of Service

FBL - Expiration of Term of Service

FCM - Concientious Objector

FDF - Pregnancy

FDG - Parenthood

FDL - See JDL

FFT - Physical standards, no disability

FGM - To accept commission

FHC - In lieu of discharge

FHG - Serving under suspended sentence to dismissal

FKD - AWOL, Desertion

FND - Misc reasons (Unqualified resignation)

GDK - Security reason

GFN - Released for Conditions Existing Prior to Service

GFT - Unqualifird for Active Duty - Other

GFV - Unqualifird for Active Duty - Other

GHF - Other

GHJ - Unsuitability (Reason Unknown)

GHK - Unsuitability (Reason Unknown)

GJB - Court Martial

GKA - Discreditable Incidents - Civilian or Military

GKB - Civil Court conviction

GKC - Homosexuality

GKD - AWOL, Desertion

GKE - Financial Irresponsibility

GKG - Fraudulent Entry

GKH - Lack of Dependent Support

GKK - Drug use

GKL - Sexual Perversion

GKQ - No listing at this time. However, all GK - Series appears ineligible for re - enlistment.

GKS - AWOL, Desertion

GLB - Discreditable Incidents - Civilian or Military

GLC - Homosexuality

GLF - Drug use

GLG - Financial Irresponsibility

GLH - Lack of Dependent Support

GLJ - Shirking

GLK - Unsanitary Habits

GLL - Sexual Perversion

GMB - Character or Behavior Disorder

GMC - Enuresis

GMD - Inaptitude

GMF - Sexual Perversion

GMG - Alcoholism

GMH - Financial Irresponsibility

GMJ - Motivational problems

GMJ - Shirking

GMK - Character or Behavior Disorder

GML - Homosexuality

GMM - Drug use

GMN - Unsuitability (Reason Unknown)

GMP - Unsanitary Habits

GNC - Misconduct (Reason Unknown)

GPB - Drug use

H21 - H23 - Death - , Non - Battle, Other (USMC)

H25 - H59 - eath, Non - Battle, Other (USMC)

H31 - Death, Non - Battle, Other (USMC)

H4G - Death, Non - Battle, Other (USMC)

H51 - Death, Non - Battle, Other (USMC)

H61 - 1169 - Death, Battle Casualty - Marine

HBF - Early Release - To attend school

HCR - No listing at this time.

HDF - Pregnancy

HDK - Security reason

HFT - Unqualifird for Active Duty - Other

HFV - Unqualifird for Active Duty - Other

HGH - [No definition for this code at this time]

HHJ - Unsuitability (Reason Unknown)

HJB - Court Martial

HKA - Discreditable Incidents - Civilian or Military

HKB - Civil Court conviction

HKD - AWOL, Desertion

HKE - AWOL, Desertion

HKE - Financial Irresponsibility

HKG - Fraudulent Entry

HKH - Lack of Dependent Support

HKJ - Shirking

HKK - Drug use

HLK - Unsanitary Habits

HLL - Sexual Perversion

HMB - Character or Behavior Disorder

HMC - Enuresis

HMD - Inaptitude

HMF - - Sexual Perversion

HMG - Alcoholism

HMJ - Motivational problems

HMM - Drug use

HMN - Financial Irresponsibility

HMN - Unsuitability (Reason Unknown)

HMP - Unsanitary Habits

HNB - Character or Behavior Disorder

HNC - Misconduct (Reason Unknown)

HPD - No information at this time

HRC - Homosexuality

HRG - No information at this time

HWL - Homosexuality

J11 - USAF Other

JBB - Involuntary discharge, age, USAF

JBB - Other

JBC - Other

JBD - Retirement - 20 - 30 Years Service

JBH - Other

JBK - Expiration of Term of Service

JBK - Involuntsey discharge at end active obligated service, USN - Enlisted

JBM - Early Release - Insufficient time left in service after returning from overseas or other duty

JBM - Within 3 months of end active obligated service, USN - Enlisted

JCC - Early Release - Reduction in authorized strength

JCC - General demobilization. Reduction in authorized strength, USN - Enlisted

JCM - Concientious Objector

JCP - Other, Alien not lawfully admitted

JDA - Fraudulent entry

JDF - Pregnancy

JDG - Parenthood

JDJ - Early Release - In the national interest

JDK - Security reason

JDL - Withdrawal of ecclesiatical endorsement

JDM - Early Release - Other

JDN - Lack of jurisdiction (other than void enlistment)

JDP - Breach of Contract

JDR - Early Release - Other

JDR - Strength reduction. first term airman, USAF

JDT - USN, USMC, Failure to meet minimum qualifications for Retention

JED - Early Release - Insufficient Retainability

JEH - USAF Expeditious Discharge

JEM - Army Trainee Discharge

JEM - USAF Expeditious Discharge

JEM - USN, USMC Failure to meet minimum qualifications for Retention

JET - Army Trainee Discharge

JET - USAF Trainee Discharge (See also JGA)

JFA - No description at this time.

JFB - Minority, Underage

JFBI - Physical disability that existed prior to entry. was revealed by Marine during enlistment processing and was waived by AFEES or higher headquarters, USMC

JFC - Enlisted/reenlisted/extended/inducted in error/ Erroneous Enlistment or Induction

JFC1 - Erroneous enlistment; a medical board determined that Marine failed to meet required physical standards for enlistment. Marine was not aware of defect and defect was not detected or waived by AFEES, USMC

JFF - Secretarial Authority

JFG(1 - 7) - USMC Other, for the Good of the Service

JFG(9) - USMC Trainee Discharge

JFG(B) - USMC Expeditious Discharge

JFG - Army, Navy, USAF Discharge by competent authority w/o Board Action. (Failure to resign - failed to meet
entrance physical requirement)

JFL - Physical Disability - Severance Pay or Juvenile Offender

JFL - Physical disability. entitled to severance pay., USN - Officers

JFL1 - Physical disability with severance pay, USAF

JFL2 - Physical disability that existed prior to service but was aggravated by the Service, with severance pay, USAF

JFM - Physical disability existing prior to entry on active duty established by physioal evalution board proceedings. Not entitled to severance pay., USN - Enlisted

JFM - Physical disability existing prior to service as established by physical evaluation board. Not entitled to severance pay., USN Officers

JFM - Released for Conditions Existing Prior to Service

JFM2 - Physical disability that existed prior to entry. disability was unknown by Marine but was detected and waived by AFEES or higher headquarters, USMC

JFM3 - Physical disability that existed prior to entry for any reason not falling within the purview of JFM1 or JFM2, USMC

JFN - Physical disability existing prior to service as established by medical board. not entitled to severance pay., USN - Officers

JFN - Released for Conditions Existing Prior to Service

JFN1 - Physical disability determined by a medical board that existed prior to entry. disability was revealed by Marine during enlistment processing and waived by AFEES or higher headquarters, USMC

JFN2 - Physical disability determined by a medical board that existed prior to entry. disability was unknown to Marine but detected and waived by AFELS or higher headquarters, USMC

JFN3 - Physical disability determined by a medical board that existed prior to entry; any reason not falIing within the purview of JFN1 or JFN2, USMC

JFP - Misconduct (Reason Unknown) or Disability not in the line of duty

JFR - Disability - Non EPTS - No Severance Pay

JFR - Physical disability not existing prior to entry on active duty established by physical evaluation board processing. Not entitled to severance pay., USN - Enlisted

JFR1 - Physical disability that existed prior to service and not aggravated by the Service, without severance pay, USMC

JFS - See KFS

JFT - Unqualifird for Active Duty - Other

JFU - Positive Urinalysis

JFV - Physical condition, not a disability, interferring with performance of duty, USN - Enlisted

JFV1 - Discharge because of a physical condition which is not disabling. involuntary, USMC

JFV5 - Medical board determination of obesity, USMC

JFV6 - Discharge because of a physical condition which is not disabling (Pseudofolliculitis Barbae), USMC

JFX - Personality disorder (See also JMB)

JFW - Erroneous enlistment; Medical condition disqualifying for military service, with no medical waiver approved.

JG7 - Army, Navy, USMC Failure to meet minimum qualifications for Retention

JG7 - USAF Trainee Discharge

JGA - Entry level status performance and conduct or entry level status performance - pregnancy

JGB - Failure of selection for permanent promotion

JGB - Failure to select for promotion. not retirement eligible, USN - Officers

JGC - Failure to select for promotion. not retirement eligible, USN - Officers

JGC1 - Failure of selection for promotion, USAF

JGF - Failure to meet minimum qualifications for Retention

JGH - Army, Air Force Expeditious Discharge

JGH - USN, USMC Failure to meet minimum qualifications for Retention

JHD - Disqualified from officer candidate train~ng physical, USN - Enlisted

JHD - Navy Expeditious Discharge

JHD - Other

JHE - Failure to meet minimum qualifications for Retention

JHF - Failed to meet course standards

JHJ - Army, USMC, USAF Unsuitability (Reason Unknown)/ Unsatisfactory performance

JHK - Unsuitability, substandard performance

JHM - Misconduct (Reason Unknown)

JIV - Unqualifird for Active Duty - Other

JJB - Court Martial

JJC - Court Martial, Desertion

JJD - Court Martial, Other

JKA - Discreditable Incidents - Civilian or Military

JKB - Civil Court conviction

JKC - Homosexuality

JKD - AWOL, Desertion

JKE - Financial Irresponsibility

JKF - Army, Navy Air Force AWOL, Desertion

JKG - Fraudulent Entry

JKH - Lack of Dependent Support

JKJ - See JHJ

JKK - Character or Behavior Disorder (see also JPC)

JKK - Drug use

JKL - Sexual Perversion (see also JPD)

JKL - Shirking

JKM - Misconduct, pattern of misconduct (See also JKE)

JKN - Misconduct, minor disciplinary infractions (See also JKF)

JKQ - Misconduct, commission of a serious offense (See also JKH)

JKV - Unsanitary Habits

JLB - Discreditable Incidents - Civilian or Military

JLC - Homosexuality

JLF - Drug use

JLG - Financial Irresponsibility

JLH - Lack of Dependent Support

JLJ - Shirking

JLK - Unsanitary Habits

JLL - Sexual Perversion

JMB - Character or Behavior Disorder

JMC - Enuresis

JMD - Inaptitude

JMF - Sexual Perversion

JMG - Alcoholism

JMH - Financial Irresponsibility

JMJ - Motivational problems

JML - Homosexuality

JMM - Drug use

JMN - Navy, USMC, USAF Unsuitability (Reason Unknown)

JMP - Unsanitary Habits

JNC - Misconduct, moral or professional dereliction

JND - Other, Concealment of arrest record

JNF - Army Trainee Discharge

JNF - Navy, USMC, USAF Other

JNG - Unfitness (Reason Unknown)

JPB - Drug use

JPC - Drug abuse rehabilitative failure

JPD - Alcohol abuse rehabilitative failure

JRA - Engaged, attempted to engage or solicit another to engage in a homosexual act

JRB - Admission of Homosexuality or bisexuality

JRC - Marriage or attempted marriage to a person known to be of the same biological sex

KAK - Expiration of Term of Service

KBD - Retirement - 20 - 30 Years Service

KBH - Other

KBJ - Other

KBK - Normal expiration of Service

KBM - Early Release - Precluded from attaining eligibility for retirement with pay

KCC - Early Release - Other

KCE - Early Release - To attend school

KCF - Early Release - To attend school

KCK - Early Release - In the national interest

KCM - Concientious Objector

KCO - Sole surviving son

KCP - Other

KCQ - See MCQ

KDB - Dependency or Hardship

KDF - Pregnancy

KDG - Parenthood

KDH - Dependency or Hardship

KDJ - Early Release - In the national interest

KDK - Security program

KDM - Early Release - Other

KDM1 - Marine Corps order applicable to all members of a class, USMC

KDN - Other

KDP - Breach of Contract

KDQ - Breach of Contract

KDR - Early Release - Other

KDS - Breach of Contract

KEA - Expiration of Term of Service

KEB - Early Release - Other -

KEC - Expiration of Term of Service

KFB - Minority

KFF - Secretarial Authority, to be discharged or retire as an officer

KFG - Other

KFN - Released for Physical disability Existing Prior to Service

KFS - Good of the Service, in lieu of court martial

KFT - Failure to qualify medically for flight training, no disability

KFV - Unqualifird for Active Duty - Other

KGF - Failure to meet minimum qualifications for Retention

KGH - No information on this code at this time.

KGL - Officer or Warrant Officer Commission program

KGM - Officer Commission program

KGN - Officer Warrant Officer Commission program in another service

KGS - Officer Commission program

KGT - Warrant Officer program

KGU - Service Academy

KGX - Officer Commission program

KHC - Immediate reenlistment

KHD - Other

KHF - Other

KHK - Substandard performance

KLG - Financial Irresponsibility

KLM - Unfitness (Reason Unknown)

KMN - Army Expeitious Discharge

KNC - See BNC

KND - Failure to obtain retainability

KNF - Other

KNL - Good of the Service

KOG - Early Release - Police Duty

KOJ - Early Release - Seasonal Employment

L68 - Involuntary release: nonselection for Indefinite Reserve status, USAF

LBB - Involuntary release maximum age, USN - Officers

LBB - Maximum age

LBC - Involuntary release completion of maximum period service according to grade, USN - Officers

LBC - Maximum service

LBH - Early Release - Insufficient Retainability

LBK - Expiration of Term of Service

LBK - Involuntary discharge at end active obligated service, USN - Enlisted

LBM - Navy, USMC, USAF Short length of time remaining after return from overseas or other duty

LBM - Within 3 months of end active obligated service, USN - Enlisted

LCC - Early Release - Reduction in authorized strength

LCC - General demobilization. reduction in force, USN - Enlisted

LDG - Inability to perform prescribed duties due to parenthood

LDK - Security reason

LDL - See JDL

LDM - Strength adjustment, USN - Officers

LDN - Early Release - Lack of jurisdiction (other than void enlistment)

LDP - Breach of Contract

LDP6 - Nonfulfillment of service contract. convenience of the government, with breach of contract payment, USAF

LDP7 - Nonfulfillment of service contract, with breach of contract and readjustment psyment, USAF

LDP8 - Nonfulfillment of service contract. failure of selection for promotion, with breach of contract payment, USAF

LDP9 - Nonfulfillment of service contract. request for extension of active duty disapproved, with breach of contract and readjustment payment, USAF

LDPA - Nonfulfillment of service contract. failure of selection for promotion, with breach of contract and readjustment payment, USAF

LDPB - Nonfulfillment of service contract. convenience of the government, with readjustment payment, USAF

LDPC - Nonfulfillment of service contract, with readjustment payment, USAF

LDPD - Nonfulfillment of service contract. termination of extended active duty, with breach of contract payment, USAF

LDR - Early Release - Other

LED - CONUS based airman lacks retainability for assignment, USAF

LED - Early Release - Insufficient Retainability

LET - Entry level status performance and conduct or pregnancy

LFC - Erroneous entry

LFF - Directed by service authority

LFG - Other

LFN - Physical disability existing prior to service as established by medical board. not entitled to severance pay., USN - Officers

LFR - Revert to inactive status. Retire age 60. No disability severance pay, USAF

LFT - Erroneous Enlistment or Induction or Unqualifird for Active Duty - Medical

LGA - See LET

LGB - Failure of selection for permanent promotion

LGB - Failure of selection for permanent reserve promotion, USN - Officers

LGB - Involuntary release. Failed permanent promotion or removed from list, USAF

LGC - Failure of selection for temporary promotion

LGC - Involuntary release: twice failed cemporary promotion, USAF

LGH - Failure to meet minimum standards of service

LGJ - Early Release - Disapproval of request for extension of service

LGJ - Involuntary release: disapproved request for extension of tour, USAF

LGJ - Request for extension of active duty denied (USNR), USN - Officers

LGJ1 - Request for extension of service denied upon initial EAS without readustment pay/not selected for retention, USAF

LGJ2 - Request for extension of service denied upon extended EAS without readjustment pay/not selected for retention, USAF

LHD - Other

LHF - Navy, USMC, USAF Other

LHH - Service under sentence to dismissal awaiting apellate review

LHJ - Unsatisfactory performance

LIF - Secretarial Authority

LLM - Army Trainee Discharge

LMJ - See LHJ

LND - Misc reasons (medical service personnel who receive unfavorable background investigation or
National Agency check

LNF - Army Trainee Discharge

MBD - Hardship

MBH - Early Release - Insufficient Retainability

MBK - Completion of active duty service commitment or expiration of term of service, USAF

MBK - Expiration of Term of Service

MBN - (ANGUS) (USAFR) Release from octive duty completion of required service, USAF

MBN - Expiration of Term of Service

MCF - To attend educational facility

MCK - Early Release - In the national interest

MCQ - Sole surviving son, daughter or family member

MDB - Hardship

MDF - Pregnancy

MDG - Parenthood

MDH - Dependency or Hardship

MDJ - National interest

MDL - Early Release - To attend school

MDM - Early Release - Other

MDN - Other

MDP - Breach of Contract

MDR - Early Release - Other

MDS - Breach of Contract

MEB - Early Release - Other

MEC - Completed extended enlistment, USAF

MEC - Erroneous Enlistment or Induction

MEC - Expiration of Term of Service

MFA - Expiration of Term of Service

MFF - Secretarial Authority

MFG - Other

MGC - Early Release - Other

MGH - Warrant Officer program

MGJ - Early Release - Other

MGM - To accept commission

MGO - Early Release - Police Duty or Seasonal Employment

MGP - Interdepartmental transfer

MGR - Revert to Regular Army warrant officer status

MGU - To enter Service Academy

MGX - Officer Commission program

MHC - Immediate enlistment

MND - Misc reasons (in lieu of serving in lower grade than Reserve grade or by request - includes MC and DC officers) or in lieu of unqualified resignation

MNF - Other

MOD - Sole surviving son

MOJ - Early Release - In the national interest

NBD - Retirement - 20 - 30 Years Service

NDB - Dependency or Hardship

NDH - Early Release - To teach

NEF - Secretarial Authority

NET - Unqualifird for Active Duty - Other

NVC - Erroneous Enlistment or Induction

PGU - Service Academy

RB - etirement - Over 30 Years Service

RBB - Retirement - Other

RBD - Retirement - 20 - 30 Years Service

RFJ - Permanent Disability - Retired

RFJ1 - Permanent disability retired list, USAF

RFK - Temporary Disability - Retired

RFK1 - Temporary disability retired list, USAF

SBB - Attain maximum age. mandatory retirement, USN - Officers

SBB - Mandatory retirement on established date, maximum age, USAF

SBC - Attain maximum time in grade/service. mandatory retirement, USN - Officers

SBC - Mandatory retirement on established date. maximum years of service, USAF

SBD - Retirement - 20 - 30 Years Service

SFE - Placed on temporary disability retired list, USN - Officers

SFJ - Permanent Disability - Retired

SFJ - Permanent disability retirement, USAF

SFJ - Permanent disability, USN - Enlisted

SFJ - Permanent disability, USN - Officers

SFK - Place on temporary disability retired list, USAF

SFK - Placed on temporary disability retired list, USN - Enlisted

SFK - Temporary Disability - Retired

SGB - Failure of selection for promotion, permanent, USN - Officers

SGB - Retired on established date nonselection permanent promotion or retained for retirement nonselection permanent promotion, USAF

SGC - Failure of selection for promotion, temporary, USN - Officers

SKU - No definition at this time

TCC - See LCC

VFJ - Permanent Disability - Retired

VFJ - Revert to retired list with permanent disability, USAF

VFK - Revert to retired list and placed on temporary disability retired list, USAF

VFK - Temporary Disability - Retired

VNF - Other

WFK - Temporary Disability - Retired

XBK - Retirement - Other

XDM - Early Release - Other

XET - Unqualifird for Active Duty - Other

XND - Other

XOH - Dependency or Hardship

XOP - Breach of Contract

XOS - Retirement - Other

YBK - Retirement - Other

YCP - Other

YDN - Other

YFB - Minority

YKG - Fraudlent Entry

YND - Other

This post has been promoted to an article

#197 carlie

carlie

• Admin
  • 22139 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:25 AM

SPN CODES - - NUMERIC

Military Separation Codes

(Separation Program Numbers) Numeric Codes

Numeric

These codes are contained in your military records and may be annotated on various military separation documents. These codes are subject to change, and the Department of Defense will no longer allow the military services to release the meanings of these codes to the general public. The below definitions were obtained before this prohibition went into effect.
201 - Enlisted Personnel - Expiration of term of service (includes personnel on ADT as initial trainees).

21L - Enlisted Personnel - Separation for good & sufficient reason when determined by secretarial authority.

21T - Enlisted Personnel - Release of REP 63 trainees due to emergency conditions. (Does not apply to active duty.)

21U - Separation for failure to demonstrate adequate potential for promotion.

202 - Expiration of term of enlistment.

203 - Expiration of term of active obligation service

205 - Release from active & transferred to reserve.

209 - Release from Active Duty within 3 mos of expiration of USN service.

212 - Honorable wartime service subsequent to desertion.

213 - Discharge for retirement as an officer.

214 - To accept commission as an officer in the Army, or to accept recall to active duty as an Army Reserve officer

215 - To accept appointment as warrant officer in the Army or to accept recall to active duty as Army Reserve warrant officer.

217 - To accept commission or appointment in the Armed Forces of the United States (other than Army).

219 - Erroneous induction.

220 - Marriage, female only.

221 - Pregnancy.

222 - Parenthood

225 - Minority.

226 - Dependency.

227 - Hardship.

239 - Surviving family members

230 - Retirement after 20 years but less than 30 years active federal service

231 - Retirement after 30 years active federal service.

238 - Service retirement in lieu of other administrative action.

240 - Unconditional resignation of enlisted personnel serving on unspecified enlistment

241 - Resignation of enlisted personnel on unspecified enlistment in lieu of resignation for misconduct or ineffi - ciency.

242 - Resignation of enlisted personnel on unspecified enlistment for the good of the service.

243 - Resignation of enlisted personnel on unspecified enlistment in lieu of board of action when based on unfitness.

241 - Resignation of enlisted personnel on unspecified enlistment in lieu of board action when based on unsuitability.

245 - Resignation of enlisted personnel on unspecified enlistment in lieu of separation for disloyalty or subversion.

246 - ischarge for the good of the service.

247 - Unsuitability, multiple reasons.

248 - Unsuitability.

258 - Unfitness, multiple reasons

251 - Punitive discharge. Class I homosexual - general court martial

252 - Punitive discharge. Class I homosexual - general court martial

253 - Homosexual - board action

255 - Punitive discharge. Class II homosexual - general court martial

256 - Homosexual, acceptance of discharge in liey of board action

257 - Unfitness, homosexual acts

258 - Unfitness, ineptitude

260 - Unsuitability, ineptitude

261 - Psychiatric or psychoneurotic disorder.

262 - Behavioral disorder, Bedwetter

263 - Bedwetter

264 - Unsuitability, character and behavioral disorders

265 - Unsuitability, character disorder

270 - Placed on temporary disability retired list

271 - ermanently retired by reason of physical disability

273 - Physical disability with entitlement to receive severance pay.

274 - Physical disability resulting from international misconduct or willful neglect or incurred during period of unauthorized absence. Not entitled to severance pay.

276 - Released from EAD & revert to retired list prior to ETS.

277 - Physical disability, EPTS, established by medical board. Discharged by reason of physical disability upon application by individual. Not entitled to severance pay.

278 - Physical disability, EPTS, established by physical evaluation board proceedings. Not entitled to severance pay

279 - Release from EAD & revert to retired list at ETS

28B - Unfitness, frequent involvement in incidents of a discreditable nature with civil or military authorities.

28G - Unfitness, an established pattern for showing dishonorable failure to contribute adequate support to dependents or failure to comply with order, decrees, or judgment of a civil court concerning support of dependents

280 - Misconduct/fraudulent entry into the Army.

282 - Misconduct/prolonged unauthorized absence for more than 1 year desertion.

283 - Misconduct/AWOL trial waived or deemed inadvisable.

284 - Misconduct/convicted or adjudged a juvenile offender by a civil court during current term of active military service.

285 - Initially adjudged a juvenile offender by a civil court during current term of active military service. Rescinded.

290 - Desertion (court martial).

293 - Other than desertion (court martial).

293 - General court martial.

294 - Special court martial.

311 - Alien without legal residence in the United States.

312 - Separation of members of Reserve components on active duty who, due to age, would be precluded from attaining eligibility pay as provided by 10 USC 1331.1337.

313 - To immediately enlist or reenlist

314 - Importance to national health, safety or interest

316 - Release, lack of jurisdiction.

318 - Conscientious objection.

319 - Erroneous enlistment

320 - To accept employment law enforcement agency.

333 - Discharge of Cuban volunteers upon completion of specified training. Rescinded.

344 - Release of Cuban volunteers upon completion of specified training. Rescinded.

367 - Aggressive reaction.

370 - Released from EAD by reason of physical disability & revert to inactive status for the purpose of retirement under Title 10. USC Sections 1331 - 1337, in lieu of discharge with entitlement to receive severance pay.

375 - Discharge because of not meeting medical fitness standards at time of enlistment

376 - Release from military Control (void Inductions) because of not meeting medical fitness standards at time of induction.

377 - Non - fulfillment of enlistment commitment.

38A - Desertion/trial deemed inadvisable (WW2) Rescinded.

38B - Desertion/trial deemed inadvisable (peacetime desertion) Rescinded.

38C - Desertion/trial deemed inadvisable (Korean War). Rescinded

380 - Desertion/trial barred by 10 USC Section 834 (Art 34 UCMJ). Rescinded.

351 - Desertion/trial deemed inadvisable (Spanish - American War/ WWII>. Rescinded.

383 - Criminalism.

41A - Apathy, lack of interest

41C - To accept a teaching position.

41D - Discharge of enlisted personnel on unspecified enlistment who completed 20 years active federal service, do not submit application for retirement: commander determines discharge will be in best interest of the government

41E - Obesity.

411 - Early separation of overseas returnee

412 - Enlisted members of medical holding detachments or units who, upon completion of hospitalization, do not intend to immediately enlist or reenlistment in the regular Army

413 - To enter or return to college, university, or equivalent institution.

414 - To accept or return to employment of a seasonal nature

415 - Early release of inductees who have served on active duty prior their present tour of duty

416 - Physical disqualification for duty in MOS

418 - Discharge of enlisted personnel bn unspecified enlistment who complete 30 years active federal service & do not submit application for retirement.

419 - Discharge of enlisted personnel on unspecified enlistment over 55 years of rage who have completed 20 years active federal service & do not submit application for retirement

420 - Discharge or release of individuals with less than 3 months remaining to serve who fail to continue as students (academic failure) at service academies.

421 - Early release at Christmas will be issued as appropriate by Army & has been Included in separation edit table. Rescinded.

422 - Early release at original ETS of enlisted personnel who have executed a voluntary extension. Rescinded.

423 - Early release after original ETS of personnel serving on voluntary extension. Rescinded.

424 - Separation at ETS after completing a period of voluntary extension. Rescinded

425 - Discharge (Inductees) to enlist ar Warrant Officer Flight Training.

426 - Discharge (inductees) to enlist to attend critical MOS school.

427 - Discharge (inductees) to enlist for Officer Candidate School.

420 - Discharge for failure to complete Officer Candidate. School

429 - Discharged because of not meeting medical fitness standards for Flight training.

430 - Early separation of personnel denied reenlistment under Qualitative Management Program.

431 - Reduction in authorized strength.

432 - Early release to serve 1 year in an ARNG or USAR unit

433 - Involuntary release of personnel on compassionate assignment

434 - Early release of AUS & first team RA Personnel - phase down release programs (Early - out from V'nam.)

436 - Reduction In strength a USASA option/First Team.

437 - AUS, RA First Team, exempted from 90 day suspension of Early Release Program for reasons for intolerable personal problems.

440 - Separation for concealment of serious arrest record.

46A - Unsuitability, apathy, defective attitudes & inability to extend effort constructively 46B Sexual deviate

46C - Apathy/obesity

460 - Emotional instability reaction.

461 - Inadequate personality

463 - Paranoid personality

464 - Schizoid personality

469 - Unsuitability.

480 - Personality disorder.

482 - Desertion/trial barred by 10, USC, Sec. 843 (Art 43 UCMJ) Rescinded.

488 - Unsuitability (general discharge separation).

489 - Military Personnel Security Program (disloyal or subversive)

500 - Resignation - hardship.

501 - Resignation - national health, safety, or interest

502 - Resignation - completion of required service.

503 - Resignation - enlistment in the regular Army - regular officer.

504 - Resignation - withdrawal of ecclesiastical endorsement

505 - Resignation - serving under a suspended sentence or dismissal.

508 - Resignation - to attend school.

510 - Resignation - Interest of national security (in lieu of elimination).

51B - Resignation - In lieu of elimination because of unfitness or unacceptable conduct

522 - Resignation in lieu of elimination because of conduct triable by court martial or in lieu thereof.

524 - Resignation - unqualified other miscellaneous reasons

528 - Resignation - marriage.

529 - Resignation - pregnancy.

530 - Resignation - parenthood (minor children)

536 - Voluntary discharge substandard performance of duty.

539 - Voluntary discharge - termination of RA or AUS warrant to retire commissioned status

545 - Voluntary discharge - failure of selection for permanent promotion (commissioned officers)

546 - Involuntary discharge a failure of selection for permanent promotion (warrant officer).

550 - Involuntary discharge - reasons as specified by HDQA

551 - Involuntary discharge - administrative discharge GCM

554 - Dismissal - General court martial.

555 - Involuntary discharge - failure to complete basic, Company officer ar associate company officer course - USAR officers.

556 - Failure to complete basic, company officer or associate company officer course - ARNGUS officers.

558 - Voluntary discharge - conscientious objection.

586 - Involuntary discharge - for reasons involving board action or in lieu thereof (homosexuality),

588 - Involuntary discharge - reasons involving board action, or in lieu thereof - unfitness or unacceptable conduct

589 - Voluntary discharge - reasons involving board action or in lieu thereof, due to substandard performance of duty.

590 - Involuntary discharge - interest of national security.

595 - Involuntary discharge pregnancy

596 - Involuntary discharge - parenthood (minor children).

597 - Voluntary discharge - administrative

599 - Voluntary REFRAD - lack of jurisdiction.

600 - Voluntary REFRAD - to enlist an regular Army.

601 - Voluntary REFRAD - to enlist in regular Army for purpose of retirement

602 - Voluntary REFRAD - national health, safety, or interest

603 - Involuntary REFRAD - due to disapproval of request for extension of service.

604 - Voluntary REFRAD - hardship

606 - Voluntary REFRAD - dual status officer to revert to regular Warrant Officer

609 - Voluntary REFRAD - to attend school or accept a teaching position.

610 - Voluntary REFRAD - marriage.

611 - Voluntary REFRAD - expiration of the duty commitment voluntarily serving on active duty.

612 - Voluntary REFRAD - expiration active duty commitment involuntary serving on active duty.

616 - Voluntary REFRAD - selection for entrance to a service academy.

618 - Voluntary REFRAD - In lieu of serving in lower grade than reserve grade.

619 - Voluntary REFRAD - by request includes MC & DC officers

620 - Voluntary REFRAD - interde part mental transfer of other than medical officers

621 - Voluntary REFRAD - in lieu of unqualified resignation.

623 - Voluntary REFRAD - interdepartmental transfer of medical officers

624 - Voluntary REFRAD - release from ADT to enter on 24 months active duty.

625 - Voluntary REFRAD - annual screening, voluntary release prior to 90th day subsequent to receipt of notifi - cation.

627 - Involuntary REFRAD - maximum age.

631 - Involuntary REFRAD - failure of selector for permanent reserve promotion (discharged).

632 - Involuntary REFRAD - failure of selection for permanent reserve promotion (commission retained).

633 - Involuntary REFRAD - failures of selection for promotion, temporary

640 - Involuntary REFRAD - commissioned officer under sentence of dismissal & warrant officer discharge awaiting appellate review.

644 - Voluntary & Involuntary REFRAD - convenience of government or as specified by Secretary of the Army

645 - Involuntary REFRAD - annual screening, release on 90th day subsequent to receipt of notification.

646 - Involuntary REFRAD - maximum service, warrant officers.

647 - Involuntary REFRAD - maximum service, commissioned officers

648 - Involuntary REFRAD - completion of prescribed years of service.

649 - Involuntary REFRAD - withdrawal of ecclesiastical endorsement

650 - Involuntary REFRAD - physically disqualified upon order to active duty.

651 - Involuntary REFRAD - release of reserve unit & return to reserve status.

652 - Involuntary REFRAD a release of unit of NG or NG(US) & return to state control.

655 - Involuntary REFRAD - revert to retired list, not by reason of physical disability

657 - Involuntary REFRAD - physical disability. Revert to inactive status for purpose of retirement under Chapter 67. 10 USC in lieu of discharge with entitlement to receive disability severance pay.

660 - Physical disability discharge - entitlement to severance pay.

661 - Physical disability discharge - disability resulting from intentional misconduct or willful neglect or incurred during a period of unauthorized absence. Not entitled to receive disability severance pay.

662 - Physical disability discharge - EPTS, established by physical evaluation board. Not entitled to disability severance pay.

668 - Dropped from rolls - AWOL conviction & confinement by civil authorities.

669 - Dropped from rolls - AWOL desertion.

672 - Involuntary REFRAD - medical service personnel who receive unfavorable background investigation and/or National Agency Check

681 - Voluntary REFRAD - to accept employment with a legally established law enforcement agency

685 - Resignation - failure to meet medical fitness standards at time of appointment

686 - Involuntary discharge - failure to resign under Chapter 16 - AR 535 - 120. when determined to be in the best interest of the government and the individual

689 - Voluntary REFRAD - reduction in strength, voluntary release prior to 90th day subsequent to receipt of notification

690 - Involuntary REFRAD - reduction in strength. release on 90th day subsequent to receipt of notification.

70A - mandatory retirement - 35 years service/five years In grade. Regular army major general.

70B - Mandatory retirement - age 62, regular army major general.

70C - Mandatory retirement 60, regular Army mayor general whose retirement has been deferred.

70D - Mandatory retirement - age 64, regular Army major general whose retirement has been deferred & each permanent professor and the registrar of the US Military Academy.

70E - Mandatory retirement - 30 years service/five years in grade, regular army brigadier general.

70F - Mandatory retirement 30 years of service/five years In grade, regular colonels.

70G - Mandatory retirement - 28 years service. Regular Lt. Colonels.

70J - Mandatory retirement - age 60, regular commissioned officer below major general.

70K - Mandatory retirement - more than 30 years active service, professors US military Academy.

70L - mandatory retirement - 30 years of more active service, regular warrant officers.

70M - Mandatory retirement - age 62 regular warrant officers

701 - Enlisted separation - early release of personnel assigned to installations or units scheduled for inactivation, permanent change of station, or demobilization.

741 - Mandatory retirement - failure of selection for promotion, established retirement date, commissioned officer.

742 - Mandatory retirement - failure of selection for promotion, estab'd retirement date. warrant officer.

743 - Enlisted separation - early release of personnel from release of unit of the ARNG or the ARNGUS from active federal service & return to state control

744 - Mandatory retirement - failure of selection for promotion, early retirement date, commissioned officer

745 - Mandatory retirement - failure of selection for promotion. early retirement date, warrant officers.

747 - Mandatory retirement - failure of selection for promotion, retained for retirement, commissioned officers.

748 - Mandatory retirement - failure of selection for promotion, retained for retirement, warrant officer

749 - Enlisted separation - early release of Puerto Rican personnel who will to qualify for training.

753 - Enlisted separation - early release of reserve personnel upon release of reserve units

764 - Enlisted separation - release of REP 63 trainees upon completion of MOS training.

77E - Mandatory retirement - surplus In grade after 30 years service. Removal from acting list (regular Army).

77J - Voluntary retirement - placement on retired list at age 60.

77M - Mandatory retirement - permanent retirement by reason by physical disability

77N - Mandatory retirement - paced on temporary mandatory solemnity retired list

77P - Voluntary retirement in lieu of or as a result of elimination board proceedings. Regular Army & reserve commissioned officers and Warrant officers.

77C - andatory retirement - temporary disability retirement in lieu of or as a result of elimination proceedings.

77R - Mandatory retirement - permanent disability retirement in lieu of or as a result or elimination proceedings.

77S - Voluntary retirement a regular Army & reserve commissioned officers

77T - Voluntary retirement - regular Army and reserve warrant officer.

77U - Voluntary retirement - regular Army commissioned officers with 30 or more years of service.

77V - Voluntary retirement - enlisted personnel, voluntarily retired as commissioned officer.

77W - Voluntary retirement - enlisted personnel, voluntarily retired as a warrant officer.

77X - Voluntary retirement a warrant officer voluntarily retired as a commissioned officer.

77Y - Mandatory retirement - retirement a director of music, USMA, as the President may direct

77Z - Mandatory retirement - regular Army commissioned officers with World War 1 service.

771 - Mandatory retirement - commissioned officers, unfitness or substandard performance of duty.

772 - Mandatory retirement - warrant officers, unfitness or sub - standard performance of duty.

78A - Mandatory retirement - formerly retired other than for disability who while on active duty incurred a disability of at least 30%.

78B - Mandatory retirement a formerly retired for disability who where on active duty suffered aggravation of disability for which he was formerly retired.

79A - Voluntary REFRAD - as USAR warrant officer (aviator) to accept USAR commission (aviator) with concurrent active duty.

79B - Resignation - as RA a WO (aviator) to accept USAR commission (aviator) with concurrent active duty.

941 - Dropped from rolls (as deserter).

942 - Dropped from rolls (as military prisoner).

943 - Dropped From rolls (as missing or captured).

944 - Battle casualty.

945 - Death (non - battle - resulting from disease).

940 - Death (non - battle - resulting From other than disease).

947 - (Current term of service voided as fraudulent enlisted, while AWOL from prior service.

94B - To enter US military Academy.

949 - To enter any area of the service academies (other than USMA).

971 - Erroneously reported as returned from dropped from rolls as a deserter (previously reports under transaction GA).

972 - Erroneously reported as restored to duty from dropped from rolls of military prisoner previously reported under transaction code GB).

973 - Erroneously reported as returned from dropped from rolls or missing or captured (previously reported under transaction code GC).

976 - Minority. Void enlistment or induction - enlisted personnel.

#198 john999

john999

HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder
  • 22220 posts
  • Interests:VA law and history of the Blues
  • Branch of Service: Army

Posted 08 February 2010 - 06:47 PM

On my original DD214 the reason given for discharge was for a character disorder. If I show that as of the day after discharge I am considered by the VA to be 100% Service Connected would it not be in the interest of justice to review my discharge and possibly change the my discharge to a medical discharge with any benefits that might go along with that? How can a vet go from being unfit due to a personality disorder to being 100% SC in one day? The army waited until I was 6 months away from my regular discharge to toss me out as "unsuitable" via AR 635-212 when I demanded help for my mental health problems. This has always stuck in my craw regardless of the money issue. The military did change my discharge to a regular honorable discharge on appeal. It has always seemed to me to be the height of injustice to allow a soldier with a DX of PD to serve a full tour in Vietnam and then just before he is ready to be discharged to present him with a general discharge under honorable conditions for a personality disorder. I made waves in my last year in the army. They paid me back by the less than fully honorable discharge.

#199 carlie

carlie

• Admin
  • 22139 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:30 AM

John,
Can you copy & paste - then re-post your question.
I am sorry - yesterday when I made this as a pinned topic,
I thought it would automatically also close it from comment.
I just want it in our archives for reference.
Thanks,
carlie

#200 carlie

carlie

• Admin
  • 22139 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:01 AM

Borrowed from elsewhere and may not be up to date.

ADDITIONAL BENEFITS AVAILABLE FOR SERVICE CONNECTED DISABLED VETERANS
EVALUATION BENEFITS

0% To 20%
•Certification of Eligibility for home loan guaranty.

•Home loan guaranty fee exemption.
VA Priority medical treatment card.

•Vocational Rehabilitation and Counseling under title
38 USC Chapter 31 (must be at least 10%)
•Service Disabled Veterans insurance (Maximum of $10,000 coverage) must file within 2 years from date of new
service connection.
10 point Civil Service Preference (10 points added to Civil Service test score).
Clothing allowances for veterans who use or wear a prosthetic or orthopedic appliance (artificial limb, braces, or wheelchair) or use prescribed medications for skin condition, which tend to wear, tear or soil clothing.

•Temporary total evaluation (100%) based on hospitalization for a service connected disability in excess of
21 days; or surgical treatment for a service connected disability necessitating at least 1 month of convalescence or immobilization by cast, without surgery of more major joints.

30% In addition to the above:
•Additional allowances for dependent(s) [spouse, child(ren), step child(ren), helpless child(ren), full-time students between the ages 18 to 23, and parent(s)]

•Additional allowances for a spouse who is a patient in a nursing home or helpless or blind or so nearly helpless or blind as to require the aid and attendance of another person.

40% In addition to the above:
•Automobile grant and/or special adaptive equipment for an automobile provided there is loss or permanent loss of use of one or both feet, loss or permanent loss of one or both hands or permanent impaired vision of both eyes with central visual acuity of 20/200 or less in better eye.

•Special adaptive equipment may also be applied for if there is ankylosis of one or both knees or one or both hips.

50% In addition to the above:
•VA Medical outpatient treatment for any condition except dental.

•Preventive health care services.

•Hospital care and medical services in non-VA facilities under an authorized fee basis agreement.

60% In addition to the above:
•Increased compensation (100%) based on individual Unemployability (applies to veterans who are unable to obtain or maintain substantially gainful employment due to service connected disability)

100% In addition to the above:
•Dental treatment.

•Department of Defense Commissary privileges.

•Veteran’s employment preference for spouse.

•Waiver of National Service Life Insurance premiums.
•National Service Life insurance total disability income provisions.

•Specially adapted housing for veterans who have loss or permanent loss of use of both lower extremities or the loss or blindness in both eyes having light perception only plus loss or permanent loss of one lower extremity or the loss or permanent loss of use of one lower extremity with loss or permanent loss of use of one upper extremity or the loss or permanent loss of use of one extremity together with an organic disease which affects the function of balance and propulsion as to preclude locomotion without the aid of braces, crutches, canes or wheelchair.

•Special home adaptation Grant (for veterans who don’t qualify for Specially Adapted Housing) may be applied for if the veteran is permanently and totally disabled due to blindness in both eyes with visual acuity or 5/200 or less or loss of or permanent loss of use of both hands.

100% (Permanent and Total) in addition to the above:
•Civilian Health and Medical Program for dependents and survivors (ChampVA)

•Survivors and dependents education assistance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertise Here