Search

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 04:54 PM) Tbird Accepted To 2015 Conference: V-Wise: Another Entrepreneurship Project Of The Whitman School Of Management Http://ow.ly/ej9Qg
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 04:13 PM) Arng11 Thank You For Your Contribution To Our Funding Campaign.
@  britton : (22 November 2014 - 02:57 PM) Thank You Ms T For Starting This Web Site For All Veterans, You Helpd Me And My Family And I'll Be Forever Gratful To You & Hadit.com
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 08:19 AM) Thank You All For Helping With The Funding The Site. It Is Really Helping!
@  Tbird : (22 November 2014 - 08:18 AM) Britton Pm Me And I. Can Check This Out For You
@  britton : (22 November 2014 - 06:44 AM) What Does ''you Missed Your Quota For Postives Votes Today'' Mean??
@  coriemboh : (19 November 2014 - 08:29 AM) Hold Time For Peggy Was Approximately 1 Minute. That Was 17 Minutes Ago. They Really Need To Change This Hold Music.
@  Tbird : (17 November 2014 - 02:42 PM) Stretch Thanks For The Extra Contribution To Our Fundraiser This Month.
@  maxwell18 : (16 November 2014 - 09:04 PM) I Still Have To Bitch About The Navy Hosp Cutting My Meds By 2/3 On My Norco. I Contacted Customer Service Or What Ever You Want To Call It Who In Turn Contacted The Navy Hosp Pensacola Commander Who In Turn Did Nothing. Thanks To All The People That Are Affair Of There Jobs And I Feel That Medical Malpractice Should Come Into Place. I Guess Just Do What Ever They Want To Because They Can, But Don't Give A Sh T For The Vets That Suppose To Being Supporting From All The Military  organizations. This Is Not The Way They Have Been Trained And Promised To Do. 
@  carlie : (16 November 2014 - 11:26 AM) Delayed Onset Tinnitus - Ref To Va Training Letter 10-028 - Link - Http://veteranclaims.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/single-Judge-Application-Va-Training-Letter-10-028-Delayed-Onset-Tinnitus/
@  carlie : (16 November 2014 - 11:03 AM) Here's A Good Tinnitus Link To Check Out From M21-1 Change Dated Jan 10,2014 - Http://veteranclaims.wordpress.com/tag/section-B-Duty-Military-Occupational-Specialty-Mos-Noise-Exposure-Listing-Fast-Letter-10-35-Tinnitus-Hearing-Loss-Vbms-Rating-Decision-Tools/
@  Asiadaug : (16 November 2014 - 02:08 AM) "rolled" Not Ruled! :)
@  Asiadaug : (16 November 2014 - 02:07 AM) Thanks. I Have Seen The Fast Ltr 10-35 And Have Seen Cases Where The Va Has Apparently Agreed That Tinnitus Can Have Delayed Onset. I Did Not In Looking Over The Fast Ltr See Where They Had Ruled 10-028 Into That. And, I Am Not Sure In The Vas Issuance Of ‘policy’ Type Letters How They Might Roll In Previous Instructions Into Newer Ones. Maybe There Is Some Intranet Traceability Capability? I Was Just Curious As There ‘appeared’ To Be Conspicuous Absence Of That 10-028. I Am Assuming 10-028 Was Written In 2010. But It May Be I Should Not Assume Anything.
@  carlie : (15 November 2014 - 05:56 PM) Asiadaug - You Might Be Looking For Fast Letter 10-35, Http://www.hadit.com/forums/topic/40962-Va-Fl-10-35/ Also Check Out This Link To Links For Delayed Onset Tinnitus - They All Refer Back To Fast Letter 10-35, Https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=Chrome-Instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=Utf-8#q=Tinnitus, Delayed Onset, Va Fast Letter
@  Tbird : (15 November 2014 - 07:50 AM) Asiadaug Searched All Over For Va Training Letter 10-028 But No Luck So Far.
@  Asiadaug : (15 November 2014 - 02:12 AM) Several Cases I've Run Across Mention Va Training Letter 10-028 With Apparent Discussion About Delayed Onset Of Tinnitus. I Have Been Unable To Locate That Trng Ltr. Any Suggestions?
@  Tbird : (12 November 2014 - 05:56 PM) Stretch Thanks For Contributing To Our Fundraising Campairg
@  Tbird : (12 November 2014 - 04:01 AM) Atomicwidow Thank Your For Donating To Our Funding Campaign.
@  Tbird : (11 November 2014 - 07:00 AM) Veterans Day 2014 - Veterans Thank You For Your Service And Your Sacrifice.
@  Tbird : (10 November 2014 - 07:19 AM) Semper Fi Marines

Photo

Sc - South Carolina Veterans Benefits

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 jason

jason

hadit.com Intern

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:15 PM

State of South Carolina Department of Veterans Affairs

VETERANS REEMPLOYMENT RIGHTS
Employees of the State/any political subdivision thereof, on or after June 25, 1950 has been,
or will be, commissioned, enlisted/selected for service in the Armed Forces of the U.S. shall
be entitled to a leave of absence from his/her duties as an employee of the State/any
political subdivision thereof, without loss of seniority or efficiency or register rating.

CREDIT OF STATE RETIREMENT FOR MILITARY SERVICE
A person leaving employment with the State for military duty, may continue with the State's
Retirement Program if he/she continues to make payments based on the salary he/she was receiving when employed by the State.

An employee of the State with two (2) or more years of credited service with the South
Carolina Retirement System may also purchase additional credit, up to six years, for
militaryservice towards his/her State retirement.

Contact State Retirement Systems at 1-800-868-9002 / 803-737-6800 for a cost analysis.

ADMISSIONS TAX EXEMPTION
Provides for the exemption of admissions taxes to athletic contests in which junior
American Legion athletic teams are participants unless the proceeds are given to individual
players in the form of salary or otherwise.

INCOME TAX EXEMPTION ON RETIREMENT PAY
Any person retired from the uniformed services or their surviving spouse, shall be allowed an exemption from the S.C. State Income Tax of $3,000 until age 65. At age 65 $10,000 of
retirement pay is exempt.

PROPERTY TAXES - HOMESTEAD EXEMPTION
All persons who have been declared permanently and totally disabled by the Social Security
Administration, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, other state or federal agencies, are
eligible for a homestead exemption in an amount set by the General Assembly. This also
applies to persons over age 65.

FREE HUNTING AND FISHING LICENSES
Provides for free hunting/fishing license to veterans who are totally disabled. License must be applied for directly from SC Department of Natural Resources showing proof of disablility.

SCDNR phone 803-734-3838.

STATE PARKS TOTALLY DISABLED PERSONS
Provides that any South Carolina resident who is a permanently and totally disabled veteran
may enter any state park at a reduced rate upon presentation of supporting disability
documentation. The veteran may also apply for a reduced fee "Palmetto Passport." Certain
services may require an additional fee.

For more information dial (888) 88PARKS (887-2757) or (803) 734-0161. You may also find information about SC State Parks at www.southcarolinaparks.com.

SPECIAL LICENSE PLATES
Upon establishing proof of eligibility to entitlement, the S.C. Department of Public Safety,
(803) 737-4000, may issue special motor vehicle license plates to the following:

National Guard
National Guard Retirees
Purple Heart Recipients
Disabled Veterans
U.S. Armed Forces Retirees
Ex-Prisoners of War
Medal of Honor Recipients
Pearl Harbor Survivors
Normandy Invasion Survivors
Marine Corps League

PROPERTY TAX EXEMPTION
Provides that the dwelling house in which a veteran resides who has been rated as
permanently and totally disabled by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs may be tax
exempt. The tax exemption may be transferred when purchasing another dwelling.

SPECIALLY ADAPTED HOUSING
Provides for the exemption of state, county, and municipal taxes on the residence of
veterans who have lost the use of their lower extremities or who has paralysis of one lateral
half of the body resulting from injury to the motor centers of the brain.

TAX EXEMPTION FOR COMPENSATION, PENSION, DISABILITY
RETIREMENT PAY, AND VA PAYMENTS
Provides that federal tax exempt moneys received from pension or compensation providedby the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, or disability pay from the Armed Forces will not be included in SC tax.

PRESENTATION OF THE STATE FLAG TO FAMILIES OF DECEASED
MEMBERS OF THE SOUTH CAROLINA NATIONAL GUARD
Provides that the State Adjutant General's Office shall present to the family of each
deceased member of the South Carolina National Guard a flag of the State of South Carolina, appropriate for use as a burial flag, upon application of a member of the family of the deceased.

RECORDING OF DISCHARGES
A certified copy of the recorded discharge may be obtained upon request. Any person
desiring a certified copy of any discharge or certificate of lost discharge, may apply to the
County Clerk of Court or the County Veterans Affairs Officer in which the discharge or
certificate of lost discharge is registered and shall be furnished a certified copy. Fees for
furnishing a certified copy of discharge or DD Form 214 may be established by each
County,but may not exceed fifty cents.

PARKING FEE EXEMPTION
Provides for an exemption of municipal parking meter fees when a veteran's vehicle bears a
disabled veteran ("V" tag), Purple Heart or Medal of Honor license plate.

MARRIAGE, BIRTH, DEATH AND DIVORCE VERIFICATION
Provides for the verification of marriage, birth, death, and divorce records without cost when
such is required by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, the S.C. Division of Veterans
Affairs, the County Veterans Affairs Offices, or any out of state Veterans Affairs entities.

STATE VETERANS NURSING HOMES
There are two facilities in South Carolina: the E. Roy Stone Jr., Pavilion, which is located in
Columbia, and the Richard Michael Campbell Veterans Nursing Home in Anderson, S.C.
Admission to these facilities is limited to veterans who have been separated from the U.S.
Armed Forces under honorable conditions and qualify as South Carolina residents who arein need of skilled or intermediate nursing home care. To apply for admission, contact the
Department of Mental Health at (803) 737-5441 or 737-5282.

FREE TUITION/EDUCATION ASSISTANCE (FREE TUITION FOR CERTAIN
VETERAN'S CHILDREN)
Provides for free tuition to the children of certain war veterans attending South Carolina state
supported colleges and universities as well as state supported post high school technical
education institutions. Certain residency requirements apply. For questions or to apply
contact (803) 255-4255.

Click here to download the Application for Tuition Assistance for Certain War Veterans
Children (Adobe Acrobat pdf).

ACTIVE DUTY PAY RELEVANT TO THE S.C. DEPARTMENT OF
REVENUE AND TAXATION
Non-resident armed services personnel who are legal residents of other States stationed
within South Carolina by virtue of military orders, are not subject to South Carolina income
tax on their service pay. They are, however, subject to tax on any other income earned in
South Carolina by spouses of service personnel.

SOUTH CAROLINA MILITARY FAMILY RELIEF FUND
The South Carolina Military Family Relief Fund (SCMFRF), signed into law in 2004 by Governor Mark Sanford, provides monetary grants to families of South Carolina National Guard members and South Carolina residents serving in the U.S. Armed Forces Reserve components who were called to active duty as a result of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

SC Military Family Relief Fund Brochure (Word)
SC Military Family Relief Fund Application (Word)