Welcome!

Sign In or Register to post to our forums. Registration not required to read and search our forums.

HadIt.com Podcast Click Here Live and Archived Shows

Photo
- - - - -

Va Rating/diagnostic Codes For Sleep Disorders

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 GW1 Veteran

GW1 Veteran

E-2 Recruit

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:18 PM

Hey all!

I won an appeal at the BVA recently separating my sleep disorder (primary insomnia) from my depression/general anxiety disorder rating and the VA told me they had no separate code/rating for it other than the "catch all" rating for all those disorders not assigned an actual rating/diagnostic code. Therefore, all I got wa a 10% rating for a serious sleep disorder that affects my sleep and waking hours daily.

So, I was wondering if anyone knows of or has had a rating for a sleep disoder other than sleep apnea (which seems to be the only sleep disorder the VA has a rating/diagnostic code for)????

Thanks!

GW1 Veteran

#2 WhiskeyLabTech

WhiskeyLabTech

E-2 Recruit

• Seaman
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:48 PM

Hey I'm about to be seen by the physical examiners with the VA myself. Insomnia isn't my primary issue, as I also have bilateral 30 degree pronations in both feet, as well as achilles and plantar fascitis issues. But I was trying to see what kind of rating I could expect for the insomnia and can't find anything on it myself. I know that I'm looking at 50% for my feet, but just want to be up on things when I receive my results. If you find out anything else, please let me know also.

Thanks

#3 simple fly

simple fly

E-5 Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:57 PM

the post you replied to is almost 2 years old.please start a new post addressing your issues and we will be glad to help.welcome to hadit.