- There was no Cost of Living Increase in 2015, so the 2014 rates still apply.
- VA 2014 Compensation Rates
- Special Monthly Compensation (SMC)Current Rates
- Dependency Indemnity Compensation (DIC) Current Rates
- Parents DIC Current Rates
- Automobile Allowance, Clothing Allowance and Medal of Honor Rates
- Birth Defects (Spina Bifida, Children of Women Vietnam Veterans) Rates
Historical Compensation Rates use this if you are trying to figure your retro.
You may wonder how does the VA decide if I’m 70% or 30% well there are many reasons but let’s start with the basics and move on from there.
First your disability is listed in the law 38CFR4 Schedule for Rating Disabilities this document is dry reading but read it. It will list your disability/diagnosis and it will tell you what symptoms equal what percentage. Now the compensation and pension exam doctor will examine you and make notes indicating your disability and your limitations then a VA rater will look at the doctor results, look at the evidence, look at your claim (contentions) and look at the law and then make a decision. So the moral of the story spending some time looking at 38CFR4 Schedule for Rating Disabilities
While I’m here also check out the side effects of any medications you are on for your service connected condition. Those can be claimed also. You are your best advocate.