I get asked more questions about how to file and win a Veterans Affairs sleep apnea disability claim than almost any other topic in all of VA Benefits Law. [Reprinted here with permission from Veterans Law Blog]
True story. And I’ve been getting asked these questions for years. On top of that, for about 2 years, I noticed at my VA Benefits law firm and on the Veterans Law Blog that Veterans of all eras were seeking my help – from Vietnam to Cold War to Afghanistan and beyond – appealing their VA Sleep Apnea disability denials.
In short, I was seeing the sleep apnea disability hit the Veterans community like a typhoon! So a couple years ago, I started trying to figure out WHY the sleep apnea disability was such a problem in the Veterans community. – Chris Attig Veterans Law Blog
Trust me when I tell you this: a VA Sleep Apnea disability diagnosis has little or nothing to do with obesity and neck girth.
In the end, I wrote a book about how to claim and service connect the sleep apnea disability through the VA.
But I also learned a few extra things that I would like to share with you about the VA Sleep Apnea Disability claim. And that’s what today’s video is all about:
- Why were so many Veterans seeking service connection for sleep apnea?
- Why was sleep apnea affecting Veterans across all generations
- Why was it so hard for so many Veterans to win their VA sleep apnea disability claims?
- I talked to doctors (cardiologists, pulmonologists, sleep specialists, and more) about the 3 different types of sleep apnea disability diagnoses.
- I talked to hundreds of Veterans (from just about every era) and looked at dozens of their C-Files to see if I could figure out why some Veterans won their VA Sleep apnea disability claims and others did not.
- I read just about every BVA Decision I could find on VA Sleep Apnea Disability appeals for a whole year.
Do you have questions about how to service connect sleep apnea claims?
Lesson #1: Sleep Apnea is a Killer.
Lesson #2: Sleep Apnea is affecting a LOT of Veterans.
Lesson #3: The VA & BVA really struggle to Service Connect Sleep Apnea claims.
Lesson #4: More Veterans Should be Able to Service Connect Sleep Apnea.
- Get an eBook version of the Sleep Apnea Field Manual
- Get a paperback real book version of the Sleep Apnea Field Manual
- Check out the this VA Sleep Apnea Field Manual Package and get the knowledge you’ll need to take back the power in your VA Sleep Apnea claim.