Veterans Affairs Secretary David J. Shulkin outlined before Congress his plans to use President Trump’s $78.9 billion funding request for 2018 to improve services the beleaguered agency provides to veterans.
Secretary Shulkins Priorities
- Offering veterans more choice for care.
- Taking steps to help veterans become better informed about benefits available to them, including wait times and quality of care they should expect from VA facilities.
- Modernization of infrastructure, including facilities and systems.
- Enhancing areas where VA now provides its best services.
- Taking steps to reduce bureaucratic walls among VA, the Defense Department, and other federal agencies.
Sourced through Scoop.it from: www.fedweek.com