Meet our brother Glenford Turner, a 61 year old Army veteran. Last year he presented to the West Haven VA with abdominal pain. Mr Turner had a radical prostatectomy 4 years earlier and low and behold when they gave him an X-Ray to diagnose the current abdominal pain, there was a scalpel from the surgery 4 years before.
Mr Tuner’s attorney Joel Faxon described the incident as “an incomprehensible level of incompetence” and I couldn’t agree more.
Read the full story below.
An Army veteran from Bridgeport says an MRI revealed that a surgeon left a scalpel in his abdomen four years earlier. Glenford Turner, 61, went to the West Haven Veterans Affairs Hospital with abdominal pain last March when the surprising discovery was made, according to his lawyer.
More stories on VA Malpractice from Google News
- VA policy allowed hiring of workers with revoked medical licenses
The Hill–Dec 21, 2017
- VA illegally hired physicians with revoked licenses, malpractice …
Becker’s Orthopedic & Spine–Dec 21, 2017
- VA hospitals have been hiring medical professionals with revoked …
New York Daily News–Dec 21, 2017
- VA Uses Illegal Policy That Allows Hospitals to Hire Those With …
legal Insurrection (blog)–Dec 21, 2017
- Illegal VA policy allows hiring since 2002 of medical workers with …
Highly Cited–USA TODAY–Dec 21, 2017
- X-Ray Reveals Scalpel VA Hospital Left in Army Veteran 4 Years …
NBC Connecticut–8 minutes ago
- An Army vet found a scalpel in his gut 4 years after VA hospital surgery
Washington Post–1 hour ago
- VA hospital left scalpel in body of vet after surgery, lawsuit claims
Fox News–7 hours ago
VA hospitals need real reform Waterloo Cedar Falls Courier-Jan 2, 2018 While Congress tries various remedies to fix what ails Veterans Affairs hospitals, it may be time to admit this patient can't be cured in its current incarnation ... USA Today reported the Iowa City VA hired neurosurgeon John Henry Schneider despite numerous malpractice claims, including four settlements for ...